Hannibal

Hannibal TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: April 4, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen, Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Aaron Abrams, Hettienne Park, Scott Thompson, Lara Jean Chorostecki, Gina Torres, Ellen Greene, Raúl Esparza, and Gillian Anderson.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Baltimore, this thriller series is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and brings psychiatrist-turned-serial-killer, Hannibal Lecter, to television for the first time.

Special Agent Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) is a gifted FBI criminal profiler who is on the hunt for a serial killer. Graham’s unique way of thinking gives him the ability to empathize with anyone — even psychopaths. He seems to know what makes them tick.

When the mind of the twisted killer that he’s pursuing is too complicated for Will to comprehend, he enlists the help of Doctor Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), one of the premier psychiatric minds in the country. Armed with the uncanny expertise of the brilliant doctor, Will and Hannibal (known as a serial killer only to the audience) form a brilliant partnership and it seems there’s no villain they can’t catch.

Others on Graham’s side are Special Agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne), Graham’s boss and the head of Behavioral Sciences at the FBI; Doctor Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas), a psychology professor and consultant profiler for the FBI; crime scene investigator Brian Zeller (Aaron Abrams); Beverly Katz (Hettienne Park), a crime scene investigator who specializes in fiber analysis; and Jimmy Price (Scott Thompson), a crime scene investigator who specializes in latent fingerprints;

Other characters include Fredricka “Freddie” Lounds (Lara Jean Chorostecki), a tabloid blogger; Jack Crawford’s wife, Bella (Gina Torres); Mrs. Komeda (Ellen Greene), a Boston novelist and friend of Doctor Lecter’s; Doctor Frederick Chilton (Raúl Esparza), the administrator of Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane; and Lecter’s psychotherapist, Doctor Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson).
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Hannibal TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

H May 11, 2013 at 5:47 am

I love Hannibal.I hope it renews.

Katie May 8, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Please watch Hannibal! NBC rarely has shows this well written, produced, and acted. Everything comes together so beautifully. I hate thinking that NBC has doubts about renewing it; ratings are low and viewership has dropped. I admit that the content isn’t for everyone; real-life violence is sensationalized by the media, becoming fodder for hastily put together made-for-TV-movies. A fictional show, however, that reinvents an American horror classic does not attract such attention or discussion.

I sincerely hope that NBC gives Hannibal a chance at a second season. I have never been so engrossed or enamored by a series. I look forward to Thursday nights – Hannibal has me glued to my television. Please give it a chance if you haven’t already. Shows this complete don’t come around everyday.

Thanks.

Erick May 6, 2013 at 3:26 am

This has got to be one of my favorite television shows of all time. The way it’s shot is absolutely breathtaking, and Mads Mikkelsen is doing a WONDERFUL job portraying Hannibal Lecter. I was wary at first because I’m such a fanboy for Sir Anthony Hopkins, but this is a different, younger, more reserved Hannibal we’ve never experienced before. And he’s actually closest to the type of accent the “real” Doctor Lecter would have, as he’s Lithuanian and raised both there and in France, he wouldn’t have a Welsh/British accent, and I can understand him just fine.

Seriously, though, this show is well thought-out, and a well-done show. It’s so different from anything that’s on right now, and I certainly hope that it will usher in a new line of television shows shot like it. Not necessarily with the same theme, but shows that aren’t shot like television shows.

The characters are all brilliant. I love Will Graham’s vulnerability, and Beverly Katz’s humor. I also love how she treats Will, the only one who really treats him like a human being and not a freak or someone to avoid. Plus she’s a Woman of Color on a television show holding down an incredibly difficult job at an exclusive place. That means she’s probably at the top of her field, and that’s a positive example to young women everywhere.

Honestly, if people cancel this show, they’re making one of the biggest mistakes of their lives.

Kim Currie May 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I love Hannibal, I think it should be renewed!
It is a lot better than most reality shows!!

Gary April 30, 2013 at 11:13 am

Great show, one less reality show!

To Anonymous: here is a tip, change the channel?

obert April 29, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Great show! I won’t miss it.

Andrea April 27, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Rarely watch any TV, but definitely make time for this one. Love the excelent actor who plays Hannibal. Definitely hope this show is renewed for a second season.

lynne April 27, 2013 at 4:44 am

don’t like the actor playing Hannibal…his acting is no good at all, seems out of place among his fellow actors. all i see is his big mouth, when he speaks isn’t clear.

Anonymous April 26, 2013 at 3:23 am

I love this show.. It exposes raw character emotion and shows that brilliant cops are not always calm and sane.

G April 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I love the show

G April 25, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I love the show.

Anonymous April 25, 2013 at 3:43 pm

It reminds me too much of ED Guen (spelling) from Wisconsin and Jeffrey Dalmer. We don’t need to be reminded that there are people like that and that just gives another freak more ideas. You broadcast crap like this and people get ideas to get famous in life just like when you advertise in the news media the killing spree or traveling at a high rate of speed on interstate 405 that causes more people oh he or she is in the news and getting attention and no better else is giving me attention so I’ll do something else to get attention.

Wake up stop the broadcasting and get some decent shows on air and leave the media back at the police station.

Matt April 25, 2013 at 7:23 am

This show is great, right up there with The Following for me. I never really watched anything other than HBO series because TV has certain restrictions that make it less thrilling. This show definitely pushes the boundaries and I really hope it continues for another round. Idk what Anonymous can hate on…

SK April 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I enjoy this show. I hope it renews.

Anonymous April 5, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hate this concept for a show…it’s awful. I hope it does poorly in the ratings and is cancelled.

shadow April 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

I hope this show is not canceled. Hope it gets renewed. Too many reality shows on TV. Please don’t cancel we enjoy this show.

Erick May 6, 2013 at 3:22 am

How exactly is it awful? It’s the one part of Hannibal’s backstory that hasn’t been looked into thoroughly yet.