Hannibal

Hannibal TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 39 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: April 4, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen, Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Aaron Abrams, Hettienne Park, Scott Thompson, Lara Jean Chorostecki, Gina Torres, Ellen Greene, Raúl Esparza, and Gillian Anderson.

TV show description:
Set in Baltimore, this thriller series is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and brings psychiatrist-turned-serial-killer, Hannibal Lecter, to television for the first time.

Special Agent Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) is a gifted FBI criminal profiler who is on the hunt for a serial killer. Graham’s unique way of thinking gives him the ability to empathize with anyone — even psychopaths. He seems to know what makes them tick.

When the mind of the twisted killer that he’s pursuing is too complicated for Will to comprehend, he enlists the help of Doctor Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), one of the premier psychiatric minds in the country. Armed with the uncanny expertise of the brilliant doctor, Will and Hannibal (known as a serial killer only to the audience) form a brilliant partnership and it seems there’s no villain they can’t catch.

Others on Graham’s side are Special Agent Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne), Graham’s boss and the head of Behavioral Sciences at the FBI; Doctor Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas), a psychology professor and consultant profiler for the FBI; crime scene investigator Brian Zeller (Aaron Abrams); Beverly Katz (Hettienne Park), a crime scene investigator who specializes in fiber analysis; and Jimmy Price (Scott Thompson), a crime scene investigator who specializes in latent fingerprints;

Other characters include Fredricka “Freddie” Lounds (Lara Jean Chorostecki), a tabloid blogger; Jack Crawford’s wife, Bella (Gina Torres); Mrs. Komeda (Ellen Greene), a Boston novelist and friend of Doctor Lecter’s; Doctor Frederick Chilton (Raúl Esparza), the administrator of Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane; and Lecter’s psychotherapist, Doctor Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson).

Series Finale:
Episode #39 — TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Hannibal TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

236 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Montecore says

They have messed with the characters too much for this show to be taken seriously and it should have been on a cable channel like HBO.

NBC has cancelled better shows than this, for example Southland and Prime Suspect.

2. Anonymous says

Please, let viewers who are sick of staged reality shows and singing and dancing has-beens have at least one quality show like Hannibal.

3. Diane Stock says

I am so loving this show, I hope it is not cancelled very unique and well written show. Please do not cancel!!!!

4. david says

Who cares now? NBC chooses to play around with shows and it’s annoyingly done by all basic networks around the box. I dropped Hannibal,Golden Boy,Red Widow from my dvr tonight. Not investing in something that won’t return no matter how good it is. This is why i scour the web for up to the minute info on shows that interest me. I NEED MY DVR SPACE. And obviously the networks need space for more mindless comedies while they dump good ones and inane reality shows that just don’t work on basic tv. What would 2013 look like if we were back in the 60’s and 70’s where i grew up on tv series old and new? Only 6 networks !!! Let them cancel what they want. Just keep my LongMire,Justified,Borgias,Nurse Jackie…and on and on. You think Psych or Burn Notice would have lasted this long? I THINK NOT!!!

5. Temmere says

If they cancel Hannibal NBC will be dead to me. Seriously, I might stop watching Parks & Rec, a show I love, just out of spite.

6. Hannibal Fan says

A truly unique TV show! Intellectual, suspensful, Mad Mickelsen is perfect for the role of Hannibal Lecter.

7. Armando Ramirez Perez says

While some scenes are not for the faint of heart, this show excels in every single creative/production aspect, definitely compares in quality to theatrical material. I have been entertained far more by a one hour episode than by 2 plus hours of some Hollywood films. The folks over at Fox and “The Following” should watch and learn from this FBI’s BAU. As for NBC, I can only hope that their execs show restraint and allow this show some time, at least a second season, the audience will grow. I for one have been telling everyone about it, including the folks over at Hair Cuttery LOL. Congrats to Bryan Fuller, the talented actors and creative team, keep up the excellent work!

8. Felicia says

I think that the show is brilliant and should be renewed for another season and more. My older daughter in middle school even likes it. It keeps you glued to the scene. Hugh Dancy is great. It’s a different twist than Silence of the Lambs but definitely intriguing. Please keep around.