Happily Divorced: TV Show Returns in November

TV Land Happily Divorced TV series returning Co-creator and and executive producer of Happily Divorced, Peter Marc Jacobson, recently said that the sitcom will be returning with new episodes in November. He also noted that the cast and crew are back in production on season two episodes.

Jacobson also teased that guest star announcements would be forthcoming. Ralph Macchio and D. W. Moffett appeared in the cliffhanger 12th episode so one would assume that they’ll be back.

Happily Divorced stars Fran Drescher as Fran Lovett, a Los Angeles florist whose husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) comes out as gay. They divorce but, because of the poor economy, they continue to live together. They also both re-enter the dating pool. The sitcom also stars Rita Moreno, Tichina Arnold, Valente Rodriguez, and Robert Walden.

In April, Drescher and Jacobson announced that the TV show had been renewed for a third season of 12 episodes. TV Land later issued a press release that said that the new installments would be part of the second season instead.

Of the cable channel’s original sitcoms, only Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced have received full season orders. The first dozen episodes of season two averaged a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.11 million total viewers.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of Happily Divorced?

Mary Patricia Glaser July 8, 2013 at 4:48 am

I am overjoyed that “Happily Divorced” is returning November 2013 for its’ 3rd season of many, many more to come. Fran Drescher is a sensational actress and a Comic Genius! Absolutely adore the hysterical chemistries between Fran Drescher & John Michael Higgins, plus Fran’s parents, Dori and Glen. The English guy from next door adds an awesome flare to the mix. Tichina Arnold & Valente Rodriguez are perfectly casted, adding more merriment. “Happily Divorced” is a highly creative, brilliant adult comedy show. It has me and everyone else watching, laughing out loud and smiling for days! My husband and I would love to fly in to see the show being taped.

admin July 9, 2013 at 10:42 am

You’re reading an old post.

Jen June 20, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Is Happily Divirced cancelled? I loved watching that show! I hope it will be returning!

Darlene October 25, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I love Happily Divorced, and I will “Happily” view it for as long as it’s on TV. Hope we’ll get
seasons 3, 4 and 5 out of it! :) Love the humor.

Barbara October 23, 2012 at 8:41 am

Glad Happily Divorced is returning. Love the show and cast and John Michael Higgins is delightfully humorous. Looking forward to its return.

Anne October 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Good grief…thought they had finally taken this off…oh well, yawn city…thank goodness for cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Eisenberg September 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

Love “Happily Divorced”, it is the smartest, cleverest, funniest show on television, and I am eagerly awaiting Season 3!!!!

debbie September 4, 2012 at 5:36 pm

i love happily divorced show , great cast to watch on tv land.

lou August 31, 2012 at 8:47 am

What I want to know is where can i watch the season finale of Retired At 35 (not available in Canada)? I am usually able to go online the next day but I have gone to 20 sites and NOT ONE has the wedding episode (season 2 episode 10). Surely it has to be around SOMEWHERE (no American-viewers-only sites please)?

Susan August 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm

It is interesting to me that the three major networks continue to go after the young crowd as if they haven’t seen the writing on the wall. Are they honestly so clueless that they don’t know the baby boomers are one of the largest segments of the U.S. population? Instead of writing us off, why don’t you try creating and KEEPING shows that appeal to us? The market is huge and there really aren’t many TV execs who seem interested in serving that market. If your shows bomb and you can’t compete, I have NO sympathy for you. I am tired of the endless parade of what they call reality shows (which are about as real as pigs that can fly). Good drama, good acting and good writing are in short supply and I am tired of waiting for the networks to figure out that there are still some intelligent people in their viewing audience.

KAY August 28, 2012 at 6:09 am

YES, LOVE HAPPILY DIVORCED!!

judy March 23, 2013 at 2:09 am

can’t wait for the show to return..want to see where it goes after the wedding was called off..

Ronnie DeMaio April 28, 2013 at 10:23 am

I am trying to find out if Happily Divorced was renewed….do you know if it was? I hope so….

admin April 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Not cancelled or renewed yet.

Ronnie De Maio April 29, 2013 at 7:12 am

Thank you so much , I finally have an answer. I pray it comes back!