Happily Divorced

Happily DivorcedNetwork: TV Land
Episodes: 34 (half-hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: June 15, 2011 — February 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Tichina Arnold, Rita Moreno, Valente Rodriguez, Robert Walden, and D.W. Moffett.

TV show description:
Fran Lovett (Drescher) is the owner of a small florist company in Los Angeles, Frantastic Flowers. One night, she gets the shock of her life. Fran’s best friend and husband, realtor Peter Lovett (John Michael Higgins), admits to himself and to her that he’s gay. Their marriage of 18 years ends but, because of their financial situation, he can’t afford to move out.

Fortunately, they both have the emotional support of their family and friends; Fran’s best friend Judi Mann (Arnold), flower delivery guy Cesar (Valente Rodriguez), and Fran’s parent’s, Dori (Rita Moreno) and Glen (Robert Walden).

Fran and Peter figure out how to be “happily divorced,” but with her being single and his being gay, while living under one roof, is a whole other story.

The series is co-created and written by Drescher and her ex-husband Peter Marc Jacobson, based in part on their own marriage/divorce and his eventual coming out.

Series Finale:
Episode #34 — For Better or For Worse
After a shocking kiss from her annoying neighbor Neil, Fran quickly flies to London to see her fiancé Elliot. She finds two girls sleeping in his hotel room bed and almost believes his suspicious explanation but Joan Collins sets her straight. She gives back her engagement ring and flies home.

Fran gives Neil the diamond earrings from Elliot to pay off her $40k debt and lets him know that she’s not interested in him at all. Peter reassures Fran that she’ll find someone else and the two reminisce about their wedding day by recreating their crazy first dance.
First aired: February 13, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Happily Divorced TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

27 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

they should bring the show back – I am sick of Raymond show and the other new shows on TV land are not that great, especially the show with the four women in Happy in Cleveland, or whatever name of show is – the one with Betty White, and I love Betty White and Valerie B, but just can’t stand the show. I never liked Fran in her other show, but was surprised when this new show came on and really liked it.

2. Alba says

Era la mejor serie! No entiendo por qué la cancelaron. Una vez que hay algo bueno los “cerebros” del canal la bajan???? Pongan gente que sepa algo sobre dirigir emisoras de televisión!!

3. says

Why Why I love that show, everyone was terrific I love seeing Fran Drescher she is so natural and plus, why why cancelled this show. The cast was great, great. Everyone worked the show and always fun and enjoyable.

4. Will says

Loved this show! Can’t believe TV Land canceled it yet continues to show Everybody Loves Raymond a thousand times a day. We’ll miss you, Fran. Come back soon – we’ve seen those Nanny reruns almost as often as we’ve seen those I Love Lucy reruns and we love you in new eps. :)

5. Zalinda in Oregon says

This show was so funny, cast amazing. I hope another network picks it up as it definitely has an audience and was well written and performed. So many laughs. I wonder if baby boomer shows are on the way out as they think boomers are not purchasers of products anymore. Fran, look for another network as this is a very funny show. Beautiful set, intelligent writing, wonderful chemistry of the cast.

6. Keith says

I really wish they would reconsider. I truly enjoyed this show. If they won’t reconsider at least let them do another special episode to wrap everything up.

7. Janice says

Fran, you are an inspiration to me, I was diagnosed with endometrosis cancer and I plan on beating this. When I watch your show, you make me laugh and I forget all that I am going through. Seeing how I lost my hair and eyebrows and when I LOOK at you and how you beat your cancer, I know I have a fighting chance. Keep making people laugh, I hate all this reality shows.