Happy Town: Cancelled by ABC, No Season Two

Happy TownLast week, ABC pulled Happy Town from the schedule for the remainder of May sweeps period. Though things didn’t look good for the mystery TV show, the network didn’t officially cancel it. Now they have.

Happy Town follows the residents of a small town in Minnesota who are terrorized by a killing spree from the mysterious “Magic Man”. The cast includes Sam Neill, M.C. Gainey, Geoff Stults, Lauren German, Amy Acker, Steven Weber, Ben Schnetzer, Sarah Gadon, Jay Paulson, and Robert Wisdom.

On April 28th, the show got off to a bad start with a disappointing 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 5.25 million viewers. For episode two, viewership took a nosedive to a 1.2 in the demo and 3.79 million viewers. ABC announced they were putting the TV series on hiatus and the third episode’s numbers dropped further still, to a 1.1 rating and 3.04 million viewers.

This week, ABC announced the new 2010-11 schedule and, not surprisingly, Happy Town wasn’t on it. The show has now been cancelled though the network still plans to run the remaining five episodes. They’ll start airing on June 2nd.

What do you think? Are you surprised that Happy Town has been cancelled? Will you still tune in to see the remaining episodes?

Danielle April 24, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Seriously bring back happy town now! I was so said it went away!

BD April 8, 2011 at 10:20 am

I hate that this show was cancelled. Me and my husband watched it from the premiere, and instantly got hooked. I was sooooooo pissed when I found out it was being cancelled. There are so many reality shows out there, it was nice to finally see a TV series with a point to it and story to follow. I keep having hope that there will be a season 2, but it’s not looking good considering it’s been almost a year since the show aired. Just goes to show that television is going to crap, and pretty soon there will be no good shows on to watch.

LR April 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

OMG I am sooo sad. I just found Happy Town on Hulu. Watched only 8 episodes that they had. I am hooked and wanted to know if there was going to be a season 2. I am sad there is not going to be. I wish there was a way they could bring it back.

Dan Ellis March 28, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I watched what episodes there were on hulu and couldn’t move away from the computer i want to see who the magic man was as much as the towns people. The thing is i didn’t look at the air date of the episodes. Needless to say when i did i was very disappointed and now my head hurts, I need resolution! The is going to be another Freaks And Geeks cancled after the first season. For god sake at least let them show the episodes that already exist!

Anonymous March 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

Although I enjoyed Happy Town and came across it on Hulu.com. I think ABC was the wrong channel for Happy Town. Had it been on Syfy it would have been seen by those who appreciate that style of show and would have made it past 1 season. Syfy should pick it up and create a second season. Bet it would even go on for a 3rd if they can keep the story going.

Anonymous March 26, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I just started watching Happy Town on Hulu. I love it! Hope they give it another try.

christins March 11, 2011 at 7:47 am

please put it back! i need to know who the magic man was!!!

Daria March 7, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Okay so I came across this show when I was searching on hulu. com. At first by the looks of it I thought it was going to be just another korny TV show. Boy was I wrong, this show is so captivating. I never even heard of it when it was out on TV {great advertising…lol}. But seriously please reconsider making a second season.

Diannah March 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm

They put all these other stupid shows on the air and they can’t keep one that might actually have a fallowing! Dumb, dumb, & dumber

Natasha February 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

WTF?! I loved this show ugh nothing good ever stays on tv forget ABC!!

Sue February 27, 2011 at 1:39 am

PLEASE! We need a second season of Happy Town – how on earth can theyNOT continue with this. It definitely had my family glued!

Renee February 25, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I love this show !! It was like an extended Harper’s Island…. Why is it that all the shows I really like get cancelled after one season!? I’m losing hope in tv.

Anonymous February 15, 2011 at 3:14 pm

i hope that they revil the killer so that when it goes off for good it was not a wast of time to watch the last five episod……and i think they should show all episodes so that people can be reminded and new people could see

riudy February 8, 2011 at 10:02 pm

great show happy town please launch season 2

Kate January 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm

My whole neighborhood was watching Happy Town and we were very upset when it was cancelled. Bring it back!!!