Happy Town: ABC Dumps Cancelled TV Show Again!

Happy TownIf you were waiting anxiously to find out the identity of the mysterious Magic Man on ABC’s Happy Town, you’ll have to wait a bit longer.

Happy Town revolves around a bunch of strange disappearances and murders in a small town. The large cast includes Sam Neill, M.C. Gainey, Geoff Stults, Lauren German, Amy Acker, Steven Weber, Ben Schnetzer, Sarah Gadon, Jay Paulson, and Robert Wisdom.

After a disappointing start in the ratings, Happy Town was pulled off the airwaves for much of May. Before the show could return on June 2nd, ABC officially cancelled the series. Only eight episodes have been filmed but at least answers to some of the TV show’s mysteries will be revealed by the end.

Unfortunately, ABC has pulled the show off the air once again. Happy Town was scheduled to take next Wednesday off but return for June 30th and July 7th with the last installments. The network has decided, likely because Happy Town’s ratings have gotten really bad, to replace them with repeats of Castle.

It’s likely that ABC will get around to airing the last two episodes of Happy Town on a Saturday night sometime this summer. It won’t be soon though. On July 3rd, they’ll burn off the last episodes of the forgotten. On July 10th, the network’s airing the extra two episodes of Eastwick. Could Happy Town return on July 17th? Another mystery that we’ll have to wait to have solved.

What do you think? Are you upset that ABC has pulled the last two episodes of Happy Town? Do you think they’ll ever air?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,152 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anne says

PLEASE bring back Happy Town and Flashforward . . . 2 shows I REALLY enjoyed and was left hanging with no real answers!! Makes me wonder if I should EVER start watching a new series on ABC again!!!!!!

2. nuno santos says

I want answers,me and all the loyal fans of happy town…its strange to take this out of air when so much people as seen this series…. WE WANT ANSWERS…Who is the magic man??

3. Carolyn says

Why start a series and then just leave the viewer hanging? I want to know who the Magic Man is and why he is killing all these people!

4. BETSY says

WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING? HAPPY TOWN HAD A WONDERFUL ,SUSPENSEFUL PLOT, ALONG WITH GOOD CHARACTERS AND ACTORS. I WATCHED IT EVERY WEEK FAITHFULLY. MOST EVERYONE I KNOW WAS A VIEWER, AND WAITED IMPATIENTLY TO SEE THE NEXT SEASON. I THINK IF IT DID NOT GET ENOUGH VIEWERS, IT MAY HAVE BEEN DUE TO THE LIGHT HEARTED TITLE OF” HAPPY TOWN”, PEOPLE MAY HAVE EXPECTED SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IT WAS. PERHAPS THEY COULD BRING IT BACK WITH THE TITLE OF “HAPPY TOWN-THE MAGIC MAN”. ALL I KNOW IS IT STINKS TO GET US HOOKED, AND THEN NOT FOLLOW THROUGH. IT WAS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST WEEKLY SHOWS ON TV. WHO MAKES THESE DECISSIONS ABC? FIRE THEM, OH EXCUSE ME “CANCEL THEM”!

5. loretta says

Why do the really good shows seem to get canceled ? Happy Town is an awesome, show with all the things that hold your attention, making you want more…I think your rating system is not correct…PLEASE bring it back…don’t leave us all hanging…The cast is great and it had all the elements that make a good series.

6. charlotte says

My Husband and I love this show I think they should bring the show back we where waitng to see who the magic man was and what all the secrets where please bring the show back

7. Supina says

That show was great!! I guess if it makes you think, they cancel it. I was just getting over the cancellation of October Road when, lo and hehold, here comes most of the cast in a new show called Happy Town. Way creepier than “The Ridge” but very much entertaining. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

8. Nenad Popovic says

There should be a law against cutting the TV series in the middle of the broadcasting by
    someone’s order. It is not fair.

9. Dulcie says

It seems like everytime I really start to get into a show, ABC rips it off the air….Eastwick now Happy Town. Abc should be thankful they have Greys, Modern Family, and Cougar Town cause I would boichot that station all together!!!!

10. susan s says

no matter what abc thinks, there were alot of us loyal fans to Happy Town. We wnat to set what happened. This is not far.

11. jimmy says

It sucks they cancelled happy town without resolving the mystery..we watched the show faithfully and want to see the end of the series in it’s entirety HELLO plz play the remaining eps