Harry’s Law: Cancelled; No Season Three

no season three of Harrys LawCase closed. Court is dismissed. Harry’s Law has been cancelled by NBC after two seasons and 34 episodes.

Harry’s Law revolves around Harriet Korn, a no-nonsense attorney who will take on just about any case as long as she believes in a person’s innocence. Over the course of two seasons, the cast has also included Nate Corddry, Karen Olivo, Justine Lupe, Mark Valley, Christopher McDonald, Brittany Snow, and Aml Ameen.

The show debuted in January 2011 to a 2.2 in the 18-49 demographic with 11.07 million viewers. It was a mediocre demo rating but total viewership was impressive and when you’re NBC, that’s better than nothing. The ratings dwindled downward pretty quickly and the show ended the season with a 1.4 demo rating and 7.75 million.

The series was on the bubble for cancellation but NBC brought it back for a second season. For season two, the show underwent some cast changes, no doubt in hopes of improving the ratings. It didn’t work.

Are you sorry that Harry's Law has been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This season, Harry’s Law has averaged a meager 1.1 rating in the desirable demographic and 7.89 million viewers.

On our NBC Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative success of shows on the network, Harry’s Law has a “D+” grade and is one of the lowest-rated shows on NBC.

While it’s the second most-watched show on the network, advertisers want to advertise on shows that attract a younger demographic and so the networks must cater to them.

Sadly, the peacock network has cancelled Harry’s Law this time around and the series finale will air next Sunday night. Hopefully the show won’t end on a cliffhanger, making it all the harder for fans to say goodbye.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Harry’s Law go? Which season did you like better? What would you have liked to see happen in season three?

Canceled and renewed TV show

201 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Fran says

I totally agree with all previous comments! I,too,loved Harry’s Law and it is mind boggling to me why a fantastic show like this would be cancelled and stupid reality shows are kept on tv. I will really miss tuning in on Sunday or Wednesday to see some Great entertainment. Now the only show I watch(other than news programs) is Days of our Lives–Please don’t cancel this one.

2. Susan says

I am really surprised to hear that Harry’s been cancelled. Just when you think there’s something to watch on TV!! I guess since it’s not a stupid reality show!!!

3. Tom C. says

When I heard that Harry’s Law got cancelled, it was a big shock to me and my wife. It not only was entertaining and funny, it tackled current event topics.
    It is just another step down for the lowest rated network, which believes in have 2 drunk women host a show in the AM and cancel quality shows.
    Once 30Rock finishes it’s run this year, Sunday Night Football is the only time NBC will be on our NON-Nielson box TV’s – so we don’t count anyway

4. Patricia Moore says

I cant believe NBC would cancel this show! My whole family loves it, and we enjoy discussing what happened on the show. The characters are fun, and the show is inspiring. It shows more of real every day cases rather always murder like LA law. Boooo NBC!

5. Duane says

This was a good show. Not only for the young generation but those of us over 50. When are these Cos. going to get it and have a demo of 40-60!!! We have the $$ too spend on their ads. products.

6. Michael Kincaid says

I would like to know if there is a way to cancel NBC? I’m serious, is there a way to block their signal and not even have the network pop up on my tv when scanning through he channels? Everytime NBC gets a good show, they cancel it. There is a reason that the network is stuck in last place. Cancelling Harry’s law is yet another example of the NBC network executives being out of touch with reality. The reality is that many older people did watch Harry’s Law, and these same people have money to spend as well. What NBC and its advertising partners need to realize is that not only 18 year olds have disposable income to spend. Hopefully another netork, maybe a cable network will pick up Harry’s Law and there can still be a season three. Is there any chance of that happening?

7. Holly says

I watched Harry’s Law from the beginning and season two was outstanding. My son, who is 25, also enjoyed the program. We are very disappointed that NBC is cancelling the show. I think there are so many story lines that could develop in Season 3….Ollie and Cassie’s affair, Adam & Penelope, and Tommy and his girlfriend. I wish NBC would reconsider. Kathy Bates was excellent as Harriet — never missed a show.

8. Carl Rapp says

Hey NBC…Canceling Harry’s Law? REALLY? If Mr. K is smart…he’ll move the whole
    production to a worthwhile station. Demogra, what? I got your demo…right here…
    That show was one of the few we watched over air. Then you wonder why cable and the rest (dishes…) out perform you. I know the officers of NBC couldn’t work for me…

9. Anonymous says

Harry’s Law was the best show NBC had. They want to attract a younger demo. How stupid ,its the one show our whole family watched together. NBC stands for No Brains Company

10. Ex-NBC viewer says

Harry’s Law was an excellent show. I was very surprised to hear that. I believe the system is flawed for counting viewers. I don’t have a box & I’ve never met anybody that had a box so I don’t know where they get there info from. The 18-49 demo has most of the income so I have no idea why the advertisers want younger viewers. It goes to show you that the networks don’t care about quality shows like HL but would rather put on lame mind numbing garbage. I’m done with NBC. I used to watch every night but I have switched to other networks because NBC is living up to its name: Nothin But Crap. So sad to see Harry’s Law go.

11. Pat Stamey says

It is tremendously disappointing that nearly all television is geared toward high ratings in the 18-35 age bracket. Advertisers say that is where the money is. Well, my money will not go to a single advertiser of the reality crap they put on. Scripted television is nearly dead on commercial television and it is kinda sad. Hopefully some brilliant cable executive will realize that Harry’s Law is quality television. FX, TNT, TBS, I’m talking to you. Pick up Harry’s Law and gain 8 million new viewers.

12. Christy C. says

My husband and I are in the target 18-49 demo, and we loved Harry’s Law and were dissapointed and angered by NBC’s bs decision to cancel the show. Neither of us can stand all the reality garbage being shoved down our throats. I also blame the Nielsen ratings system; how many people that don’t have the stupid box were watching the show but were never counted? NBC has lost us forever because of another stupid decision to cancel a show that was actually worth a damn in favor of more mind-rotting reality crap.

13. Luisa says

I can not believe you would air a stupid offensive show like love in the wild but cancel harry’s law. Who chooses your programming. Obviously NBC thinks that their viewers are imbeciles. If Harry’s law I will boycott all NBC programming!!!!!!!

14. Anonymous says

Harry’s Law. Great Characters. Fun. Thought provoking. Inspiring. This show will be missed by many. Stupid decision to cancel