Harry’s Law: Cancelled; No Season Three

no season three of Harrys LawCase closed. Court is dismissed. Harry’s Law has been cancelled by NBC after two seasons and 34 episodes.

Harry’s Law revolves around Harriet Korn, a no-nonsense attorney who will take on just about any case as long as she believes in a person’s innocence. Over the course of two seasons, the cast has also included Nate Corddry, Karen Olivo, Justine Lupe, Mark Valley, Christopher McDonald, Brittany Snow, and Aml Ameen.

The show debuted in January 2011 to a 2.2 in the 18-49 demographic with 11.07 million viewers. It was a mediocre demo rating but total viewership was impressive and when you’re NBC, that’s better than nothing. The ratings dwindled downward pretty quickly and the show ended the season with a 1.4 demo rating and 7.75 million.

The series was on the bubble for cancellation but NBC brought it back for a second season. For season two, the show underwent some cast changes, no doubt in hopes of improving the ratings. It didn’t work.

Are you sorry that Harry's Law has been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This season, Harry’s Law has averaged a meager 1.1 rating in the desirable demographic and 7.89 million viewers.

On our NBC Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative success of shows on the network, Harry’s Law has a “D+” grade and is one of the lowest-rated shows on NBC.

While it’s the second most-watched show on the network, advertisers want to advertise on shows that attract a younger demographic and so the networks must cater to them.

Sadly, the peacock network has cancelled Harry’s Law this time around and the series finale will air next Sunday night. Hopefully the show won’t end on a cliffhanger, making it all the harder for fans to say goodbye.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Harry’s Law go? Which season did you like better? What would you have liked to see happen in season three?

gale May 31, 2012 at 10:27 pm

yes please bring it back!!! it’s really hard to find shows these days that have the core values as Harry does. my children r 6 & 10 & they love them some Harry. I also have teen cousins in other states who enjoy Harry as well. what sense does it make to cancel a show that ppl care about & watch that was getting some ratings for trash tv that no one wants to watch & get no ratings? please if it’s not to late bring Harry back!!!

JG May 31, 2012 at 3:41 pm

NBC is crazy to cancel this show…..no doubt to bring on more junk as usual……commercial tv is circling the drain……the marketing geeks don’t know who we are hence the demographic problem…….

Mary May 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm

One of the best shows NBC has to offer. No reason to watch anything on NBC now.

David May 31, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Very sad!!! It filled the void on Sunday night. Bring Harry Korn PLEASE!

Anonymous May 31, 2012 at 8:38 pm

YES I AGREE!!! PLEASE BYING IT BACK I LOVED HARRY’S LAW!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT!! I LOVED THE WAY KATHY BATES CHARACTER HARRIET CORN HANDLED HER CASES!!! IT WAS A GREAT SHOW PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

L S Edwards May 31, 2012 at 11:50 am

The largest buying group is still the baby boomers who have a larger share of the available cash. I do not believe that advertisers are concentrating strictly on the twenty somethings when you consider Betty White’s show was just renewed for a second season. NBC is missing the boat as usual.

Enlightened May 30, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Justine Lupe and Irene Keng hotties will be missed

Liz Arbogast May 30, 2012 at 6:52 am

This is so very sad Every time. I start liking a show, they cancel it. With so many having the Hopper, the DVR’s, the T-Vo’s. Of course ratings are going to be down. People love the shows, but HATE THE COMMERCIALS……
This is absolutely ignorant on NBC’s Part… HARRY KORN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

ien May 30, 2012 at 4:51 am

Why do people over 60 not count. Lots of people in this group are supporting the younger group and watch more TV. Harry’s Law is one of the few shows we watch on NBC and like the time slot. We liked both season 1 and 2. It is one of the most intelligent and interesting shows on TV and Kathy Bates is a gifted actress. No wonder your station has such a low rating!

C leta May 31, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I agree…what was NBC thinking? Finally they have a good show and they go and cancel it…no wonder everyone watches CBS

PJ May 29, 2012 at 11:30 pm

What is wrong with this Country, it’s like people over 50 do not count. Any one over people does count, why is this Country so age discriminate? Harry’s Law is a great show and it is nice to see a actress that is great at what she does and has been around for a while. Harry’s Law is 300% better then any of these stupid reality shows. It would be nice if one of the other networks would pick the show up. The TV schedule is getting pretty bad not much good on TV to watch any more!!!!!!!!!

Margaret, Vancouver May 29, 2012 at 9:28 pm

This was one of the best modern dramas on tv which proved that you don’t need a bunch of shootings, sex scenes and gory special effects to attract viewers. I’m really disappointed that the show has been cancelled. Isn’t it possible, just once in a while, to cater to some other demographic than the 18 – 49? Who spends most time watching tv – I’m willing to bet that it’s not people in that particular demographic. I hope NBC reverses it’s decision, but would like to thank Kathy Bates, the cast and crew for their great work on this series as far as it’s gone.

Patti Wilds May 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I cannot believe that they are canceling one of the few shows I watch on NBC. I guess they don’t think anyone over 24 years old watches t.v. It’s sad to say that most of the shows that get renewed are about someone’s sex life. This is sad, but I guess I can look on the bright side…it means it will get me off the sofa and active instead of watching tv.

Dee V. May 29, 2012 at 5:23 pm

NBC totally missed the mark with this decision!! My 15-year-old son and I looked forward to watching every week, not only because we loved the characters and humor, but because the story lines always prompted interesting conversations…we’d DVR the show so we could pause to talk as we watch! For us, it opened the door for more adult discussions about life, the law, and moral issues, and we’ve learned more about each other’s viewpoints and beliefs in the process. It was much more than great entertainment to us…BRING HARRY BACK!!!

Patt Taylor Braxton May 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Yet again NBC has ignored quality acting and plots for dummied down reality show viewing. To have a cast of the caliber of Kathy Bates and the legal crew was a real treat for the thinking viewing public. Losing “Harry’s Law” from the fall line-up gives me even less reason to watch the 2012-2013 new season on NBC.

Faye H. May 29, 2012 at 10:36 am

NBC is helping TV to live up to its old nickname: “boobtube”. Watching TV these days requires no intelligence. I encourage the execs to reclaim their “thinking caps” from the trash and reconsider Harry’s Law. Kathy Bates and cast I will certainly miss you. I am grateful for the weekly hour I had with you pondering ideas, the law and life in your courtrooms and firm. What a grave error and injustice this is for the millions of intelligent viewers.

Claudia Kellogg May 29, 2012 at 8:57 am

I agree with every comment on this site that asks the question – WHHYYYYYYY? You are getting rid of a “class act” for complete junk- I could use a stronger word, but I won’t. What a pity. NBC – you have lost your way!