Harry’s Law: Has the NBC Series Been Cancelled?

Harry's Law canceled?We’ve received a few emails from readers asking if Harry’s Law has been cancelled. After all, the last original episode of the Kathy Bates series aired on January 18th.

The legal drama has certainly been struggling in the ratings and is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network this season. But, while it’s hard to imagine that Harry’s Law will be renewed for a third season, the series hasn’t been cancelled just yet. It does have a lot of viewers, just not in the desired demographic unfortunately.

Harry’s Law is on hiatus and won’t return until March 11th, once the February sweeps period has finished. NBC ordered 22 episodes for the current season so there are 10 installments left to air.

Since it’s likely that the show won’t be back, hopefully the cast and crew won’t leave viewers with a cliffhanger in the last episode.

What do you think? Are you still watching Harry’s Law? Do you miss it when it’s not on?

Canceled and renewed TV show

500 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tracy says

Get rid of some reality TV shows which there are way too many off. I am so sick of reality TV. I watch TV to escape from reality, and be entertained with great stories and great actors. This reality TV is total garbage, I don’t watch reality tv programs but hear the chatter at work.
    Its the young veiwers that watch reality tv, and they record everything so they don’t have to watch commercials because their time for TV is limited because they have other things on the go.
    Bring back Harry’s Law……..and to advertisers, keep the older audiences happy because we are the ones who spend the money, we control the purse strings….

2. Chelsea says

I am so sad that Harry’s Law has been cancelled. I loved this show. Looked forward to it every week. I am so glad I made the decision to not start watching ANY new shows in the fall line-up this year. You start watching new shows, get invested in the characters and the storylines and then BOOM, its cancelled. I know the networks only keep shows that cater to the young viewers, because companies pay a premium to advertise when there is a young audience to reach.. But make no mistake , I have two young adults still living at home, and one teen.,,they do not watch much tv. They are on their computers or their phones. When they do want to watch a program, they record it and watch it later in their spare time when they are not social networking , so they can watch the show when they have time, and also so they can skip the commercials.

3. Jackie S says

My husband and I also love, “Harry’s Law.” We can’t believe that it is being considered for cancellation. It is a great show that we look forward to seeing each week. Love all the characters and the actors who play the parts. What a great job they do!!! We are so sick of all the violent shows that seem to prevail these days. At last we had a show that was a pleasure to see, and now this. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!

4. says

Please do not cancel Harrys Law….Kathy Bates and the whole cast are wonderful. It is one of the few shows that is realistic and entertaining . I am so sick of having “reality shows” taking over. There is no better than Kathy Bates as an actress. The phonies that are on these reality shows really are stupid and phonies. If Harrys Law is taken off,the deciders are completely wrong and should be fired. I will no longer watch that channel.
    The bottom line is “KEEP HARRYS LAW SERIES ON” Thank you (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. sandra decker says

I agree totally with dee kelley. I looked forward to watching this show each week. Loved the story lines, the characters and the humor. Please don’t cancel this show! It’s one of just a few which aren’t full of sex and violence.

• Judy Johnson says

Harry’s Law is one terrific show. Please keep it going. Kathy Bates is a wonderful actress and the humor is entertaining.

6. Dawn says

Please don’t cancel Harry’s Law! We looked forward to it every week. It seems that all the programs have gone to reality shows which are just garbage. We were thinking about getting a large screen TV, but why bother? There isn’t any thing good to watch anymore. Incidentally, we are part of an older demographic but we still spend money.

7. says

I cannot imagine not having Harry’s Law to watch. I have enjoyed it immensely!! Kathy Bates is the GREATEST and all of the cast is SUPER! This show is MUCH better than all of the supposedly reality shows (EXCEPT for the shows that help us and encourage losing weight)!!!
    PLEASE DO KEEP AND BRING BACK Harry’s Law!!

8. Carol Gellatly says

I think they should retain Harry’s Law and maybe cancel one of the reality shows (of which there are too many.) Maybe a change of day and time would help. I really enjoyed this show.

9. larue king says

harry’s law was the best show on tv. kathy bates is one of the best actors even. nbc , i don’t watch nbc too much any after ann curry, matt lauer should have gone . whose next al roker?

10. Dee Kelley says

My husband & I enjoy Harry’s Law!! We make sure our DVR is set so not to miss. How dare NBC want to cancel. Ratings a problem? duh! Air it another night or a different time. Kathy Bates is excellent in this show and the whole crew. Funny, serious, drama, and a “little” love. GREAT SHOW!!
    It is good to have TV shows with older “actors” who still know how to act and not “role play”.
    We do not want to see this program leave. Please keep it on the air. I agree …it is a “top notch show”!!!!

11. Dianne Miller says

My husband and I love Harry’s Law! It is one of the few shows we look forward to each week! The actors are fantastic and the story lines keep our interest. When I visited Warner Bros. Studio last summer, I specifically asked our tour guide to see the Harry’s Law set. Please keep Harry’s Law on the air because it is a top notch show!