Hart of Dixie: Premiere Ratings

Hart of Dixie ratingsThe CW premiered the last of their new fall series last night, Hart of Dixie. The OC’s Rachel Bilson returned to series television but not many people seemed to be interested.

Per the fast affiliate numbers, Hart of Dixie debuted to a truly disappointing 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.78 million viewers. It was, not surprisingly, in last place for the timeslot.

The network was down year-to-year by 32% in the demo and 9% in total viewers, when compared to the third season premiere of 90210 in the same timeslot. This was the network’s lowest scripted premiere of the fall season and barely out-performed their disastrous H8R.

This doesn’t bode well for Hart of Dixie’s future since a TV show’s highest ratings are typically the premiere’s. You can expect next week’s numbers to be even worse.

What do you think? Do you like the Hart of Dixie TV series? What’s your gut instinct? Do you think it’ll be cancelled or improve and be renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

13 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I love this show I look forward to monday just to see what happeneds next i love this show and it shouldnt be cancelled… ive watch every episode atleast twice i cant wait to see what happeneds next season

2. monika says

I think that the show is great and it should be continued.
    My opinion on the Hart of Dixie Premiere Ratings is that the column that was posted is vain because this show is very nice and it also might turn out to be Incomparable!

3. Melissa says

That’s unfortunate! I love this show, I get excited to see the next episode of this how than gossip girl.. other CW shows are more boring. keep pleeease.

4. Kiera says

I hope it doesnt gets cancelled but afraid it will. I mean how can air it in a time slot the same as House???

5. Stephanie says

I loved this show. I thought it was the best premier I watched this season. I hope the show isn’t canceled.

6. Anonymous says

Never heard of it, didn’t know a thing about it (I guess that’s the CW not advertising it), could care less. The only shows I watch on CW are NIKITA and SUPERNATURAL, anyway.

7. Prince drexler thunderbolt says

I figured it would have fared a little better than that. The ex bf was a hottie at least. I hope he comes back on the show…

8. Zabster says

What a *****! Go get me a latte! Give me the whole damn practice! Oh, I’m having a bad day let’s screw the skankest guy around! Oh, Mr. Gorgeous is engaged to the town’s princess who happens to be balling the Town’s black stud!
    Oh, and mom’s a trappy, uptight, rich **** who looks for redneck doctors on cruise ships.
    About every cliche in the book (and i didn’t even mention the goody, goody feel good about poor, abused, illiterate, fat white girls).
    This show’s got a long ways to go to be anything revelant or watchable.