Hart of Dixie: Season Two Ratings

CW Hart of Dixie TV show ratingsLast season Hart of Dixie was almost cancelled due to low ratings. The network renewed it, likely with the expectation that the audience would grow. Will more people watch this season? We’ll have to wait and see.

The second season of Hart of Dixie typically airs on Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Rachel Bilson, Cress Williams, Jaime King, Scott Porter, and Wilson Bethel.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Hart of Dixie is going to be cancelled or renewed for season three.

Episode 02-22: Tuesday, 05/07/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-21: Tuesday, 04/30/13
0.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 1.20 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.37 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a third season.

Episode 02-20: Tuesday, 04/23/13
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.10 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.38 million.

Episode 02-19: Tuesday, 04/16/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.30 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-18: Tuesday, 04/09/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.20 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-17: Tuesday, 03/05/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-16: Tuesday, 02/26/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-15: Tuesday, 02/19/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.37 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-14: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.44 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-13: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-12: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.45 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-11: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.37 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 02-10: Tuesday, 12/11/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-09: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.60 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-08: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.39 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-07: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.23 million (-24% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-06: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.62 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-05: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-04: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-03: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.40 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-02: Tuesday, 10/09/12
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 1.19 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-01: Tuesday, 10/02/12
0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.53 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 1.53 million.

Year-to-year, the premiere was down by 13% in the demo (vs a 0.8 rating) and down by 18% in viewership (vs 1.88 million). This was however the show’s best performance since January 2012. Will they stay at this level or drop as they did last season.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Hart of Dixie TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Juli November 28, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I love this show!!!! It’s one of my favorite shows on right now!!! Always make me laugh! A

April salze November 28, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Being from Alabama myself I absolutely love this show. Its a good sweet comedy. There is not to many shows out there with heart “no pun intended”. I really hope this show does not get cancelled. So many shows do not get a chance to survive. How can we have so many violent shows and so few family shows. I love the chemistry on the show.

Mirjam November 25, 2012 at 6:42 am

Love the show! Love the characters!! Rachel Bilson ist so funny, but the others are also amazing!! Jamie King is a great comedian, too. And there is so much chemistry between Zoe and Wade – it was the best decision to follow this story line, I think. Hope so much the show will have a 3d season…

Lindsey November 23, 2012 at 3:58 am

It was just on a whim when I started watching the show on Netflix. That was a week ago and now I’m completely addicted. I really hope it doesn’t get canceled, Wade Kinsella it’s too hot to cancel!!

Sarah November 21, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hart of Dixie is one of those shows that once I start watching it, I am hooked, but I forget about it in the meantime. I loved it until the end of season 1, when all season they lead up to George and Zoe finally being together, and then basically dumped the whole storyline, which was disappointing.

Bree November 20, 2012 at 2:28 pm

i dont know. I guess for the viewers that like the show, they like the fact that there isnt much depth to the story lines, but for viewers like myself i dont care whos running for mayor for a whole episode against another character that has no storyline background and showed up one episode ago. Whats going to keep viewers wanting to return next week? Thats what they need to base their story lines around cause right now this show is easy to forget to watch

Ivana November 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm

great relaxing tv show, please please don’t canclr it. latelh there are no much shows where somebody didn’t kill someone , let’s keep this one

Anonymous November 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Stumbled across this show on Netflix and sailed through all the episodes. I hope it doesn’t get canceled! Crossing my fingers!

Pirouzan October 31, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hart of Dixie was good up to the point where George found out about Lemon’s affair and Zoe slept with Wade. From that point on, Zoe forgot that she graduated on the top 10% of her class, her dreams about being a heart surgeon, to become a sex maniac and slave of Wade, in a little town where there is only two guys available for dating. Her behavior is like of a wild 15 years-old. George is now pictured as insecure, sometimes confused and a little idiot. Wade who ,before Zoe coming to town, was preparing himself to replace his father as the next perennial town’s drunkard, now has taken another role – of a jerk. Wade is the typical irresponsible, imature, cynical and un-cultured guy. The type of guy for just one night of fun and nothing else. Except for 1 min conversation in the barn, there has never been any meaningful or normal conversation between Zoe and Wade. Zoe lost focus. George became an idiot. Wade thinks that his prowess in bed can make up for everything he lacks in other areas. Finally, we have Lemon who looks now
more mature and saner than everybody else.

gi October 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Hart of Dixie is a GREAT little show…there are really no weaknesses in the cast or the writing or anything….the only problem is that they put it on at the same time…I think…as NCIS, which has always had ratings through the roof….it is a shame to see Hart of Dixie hurt by just putting it in the wrong timeslot….

Pat Dawson November 28, 2012 at 12:58 pm

totally agree

Vanessa October 25, 2012 at 8:14 am

I started watching Hart of Dixie like a month ago… and I love it…i watched the 1st season like in 3 days…so far i love season 2!!! The Vampire Diaries, Nikita & Hart of Dixie are my favorite shows…I hope they don’t get cancelled!!!

Kristin October 24, 2012 at 8:00 am

I love Hart of Dixie. It’s one of the few shows on the network that actually has adults that we haven’t been watching since high school. Rachel Bilson is great and always makes me laugh. I’m excited to see Lemon grow and become a bigger character.

This last episode was a little vanilla. I need a little more excitment without going all 90210 or OTH crazy.

Ellen October 18, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love Hart of Dixie. It’s such a fun show, with a very talented and very adorable cast. I bought the season DVD set and loving Season 2.

Carole October 11, 2012 at 7:56 am

I love the southern charm of this show and wish it were more popular. I’ve even bought online some of the episodes that I missed last season.

Lois October 4, 2012 at 4:11 am

Why ask that anyway? It was given to her anyway. She needs something to do. She don’t care if don’t come back. It should end with her hooking up with one the guys. She really don’t like working on it anyway