Hart of Dixie

Hart of Dixie TV seriesNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 76 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: September 26, 2011 — March 27, 2015
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Rachel Bilson, Tim Matheson, Jamie King, Cress Williams, Wilson Bethel, Scott Porter, and JoBeth Williams.

TV show description:
This dramatic series follows a brand new doctor from New York named Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson). After graduating at the top of her medical school class, she plans to follow in her father’s footsteps as a cardio-thoracic surgeon. Zoe’s fellowship falls through at the last minute so she decides to accept an offer to work with Dr. Harley Wilkes, an elderly physician who has a small practice in Bluebell, Alabama.

She arrives in the small town only to find that Harley has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will. She quickly finds that Southern hospitality isn’t always so hospitable. The only other doctor in town, Brick Breeland (Tim Matheson), worked for Wilkes and is less than thrilled to be sharing the practice with this young outsider. His daughter, Lemon (Jamie King), is a Southern belle whose sweet disposition turns sour as soon as she meets Zoe.

Zoe’s only allies in town are former football star and current mayor Lavon Hayes (Cress Williams), her bad-boy neighbor Wade Kinsella (Wilson Bethel), and handsome lawyer George Tucker (Scott Porter) — who just happens to be Lemon’s fiance.

Zoe feels like a fish out of water and is ready to pack her bags, but a surprise visit by her snobby New York mother (JoBeth Williams) leads to Zoe’s decision to stay in Bluebell for a while, discovering small-town life and a side of herself she hadn’t known was there.

Series Finale:
Episode #76 — Bluebell
As Zoe and Wade try to work out their issues, Zoe makes a life-changing decision and Wade does everything he can to make it happen before their baby is born. Lavon feels guilty about misleading Lemon and is determined to make things right. Meanwhile, George and AnnaBeth are frustrated with their current situation, leaving them with a big decision to be made.
First aired: March 27, 2015

What do you think? Do you like the Hart of Dixie TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

94 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kelly says

Please do not cancel Hart of Dixie. My entire family loves watching this show together. There are not many shows that we, all seven of us like but this is one of them. I really enjoy the fact that this show brought us closer as a family.

2. Anonymous says

sorry that the show hart of Dixie got cancelled. it was a great show. it is always that way you have a good show and some jerk cancels. wish they have more shows like this one. not shows like honey booboo, or voice, who has talent, those show should be cancelled.

3. Paul Blankenship says

The best show on tv it is a clean fun down to earth show and actors are great , please don’t cancel it ,it is very popular in this area which is a rural country area . We can’t wait to see each new weekly episode we record every episode and watch them over and over . It seems they cancel all the good shows that are clean and decent to watch . Thanks for putting it on the air it is a really great show .

4. David Goodner says

Please don’t cancel Hart of Dixie. Love the show has a great cast with good acting. It’s a family southern show.

• lois says

So who is zoe going to end up with if they renew it, wade has move on and so has George. Should end cause she will not end up with nobody in bluebell, Just like it end on high note. Too late for her to be with wade or George !

• Paul Blankenship says

Lois does it matter who she winds up with , it is a great show and keeps you wanting to see who is going to be with who . I think she will wind up with Wade . But I would like to see her and the mayor wind up with each other . Just love the show and hope they never chancel it . It is my wife and my favorite show on tv .

5. Edna says

What csn I say,Hart of Dixie is the greatest show. My heart broke when they posted it maybe cancelled :( So HAPPY that the show will be given another chance :). Old fashion, didn’t look fornthe first show this season. Would love to see it from season 3 show 1.

6. Janel says

This is a fun and refreshing show and my favorite hour of TV each week! What a welcome relief from all of the police dramas and reality shows that flood the networks. The cast is a perfect combination of lovable characters and their stories are heartwarming and even thought provoking. Listen up TV Execs from CW – Don’t even think about cancelling this gem!!

7. CHAR says

LOVE THE SHOW BUT WON’T BE ABLE TO WATCH MY DISH NET WORK IS IN A FIGHT WITH THE OWNER’S OF THE CW CHANNEL AND FOX OVER MONEY DON’T KNOW WHEN IT WILL COME TO A END IN THE MEAN TIME NO HEART OF DIXIE FOR ME THAT REALLY SUCKS

8. Humeyra says

I am happy HoD is back. It is a modern version of a fairy tale with all its fancy characters. Watching it gives a relief stng like fluffy.

9. Heather says

It’d be such a huge loss if they didn’t renew Hart of Dixie. Hart of Dixie is up there with The Vampire Diaries for me but I get why ratings are down.. the characters and storylines are a little over the place and not what most of us were expecting when we realised the chemistry between Wade and Zoey but gosh, I hope they get a second season to prove they can rock the crap out of this show!

10. Nikki says

LOVE THIS SHOW. I actually look forward to Mondays. Please renew for season 2. Honestly its the ONLY CW show I watch.

11. Rachel says

There are too many shows alike out there, Hart of Dixie is basically the only DIFFERENT show now a days. Most people do not want to watch another super dramatic show like Gossip Girl or whatever. Where it’s very hard to believe, how many near death accidents, rumors and everything happen? it’s old. Hart of Dixie is such a breath of fresh air, you’ll definitely lose my view on the channel if the show is cancelled. Personally, I cannot stand to see yet another extremely, hard to believe drama series air.

12. Vicki says

Love love Hart of Dixie!!!!!!!!!! Its a great show that captures viewers from teenagers to adults…my daughter and I can`t wait until Monday night to sit down and watch it..its nice to have a show that we can watch together!Please don`t cancel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. AimanGabz says

LOVE THIS SHOW!!! i cant believe theyre even think of cancelling it to save Nikita???? wat the hell happened to cw … they cancel all the gd series and keep the dum ones like gossip girl, 90210, nikita, yep thats pretty much it :p hope u think twice about this show cuz if u do cancel it im not watching anything else on cw -_- fyi i watch every single program on cw so ull be losing one view from all 9 series 😛

• Amy says

I know that’s right. I love the show Hart of Dixie. I heard one lady from alabama didn’t like it. She said it was one dimensional and there were too many stereotypes. I’m from the south. Some of my relatives are from alabama. I can tell you for a fact that there are southern people like that. I don’t mind their depiction of southern people at all. There are all different kinds of accents all across the south and all different types of people. I love how they mix drama with comedy on hart of dixie. This is one of the best new shows I’ve seen in years.