Hawaii Five-0: Alex O’Loughlin Signed for TV Series Remake

Alex O'LoughlinHe’s played a vampire detective on Moonlight and a compassionate doctor on Three Rivers. Now, Alex O’Loughlin’s on schedule to play a Hawaiian detective.

The actor has agreed to play Steve McGarrett, the head of the fictional Hawaiian State Police, in CBS’ upcoming pilot for a new Hawaii Five-0 series. Jack Lord played the role for 268 episodes, from 1968 until 1980.

Lost actor Daniel Dae Kim was recently cast in the role of Chin Ho Kelly, a role played by Kam Fong on the original series.

Fringe writer-producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and CSI: NY executive producer Peter Lenkov are heading up the project.

What do you think? Is O’Loughlin right for the role? With this team, is there any chance the pilot won’t become a series?

fiby February 25, 2010 at 5:23 am

Alex is such a great actor!!! He can play any role you want him too. He’s got the skills, plus he’s sexy. ;) Moonlight was an amazing show, and let’s not forger about Three Rivers, which was getting better. Its a shame that CBS keeps canceling such good shows. Did you guys ever thought of moving it to another day/time? Duh! I don’t watch any shows aired in CBS. They are simply not worthy. CBS is not worth watching unless they bring back Alex O’Loughlin in a tv show, (would love to see Moonlight or Three Rivers back) *gets teary*

GOOD LUCK MY DEAR LOVELY ALEX O’LOUGHLIN!!! I’LL DEFINITELY WATCH EVERY SHOW YOUR PART OF!!!! <3 AND OF COURSE

Rosie February 22, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Alex O

Monte Hill February 20, 2010 at 11:28 am

5-0 was a great show, a remake is fine and good as long as they don’t screw it up. CSI-NY Crew, fine, but not CSI MIAMI writers that show is so pretentious, every time I see David Caruso, put on his glasses in a promo, I throw up in my mouth, a little. God that show stinks.

Fresh February 20, 2010 at 11:22 am

He was great in Moonlight but I think you need an older character to play the obviously experienced well seasoned cop that Steve Mcgarett was. He was a smart cop that led a crack team, and that would make him older than our moonlight star to make it work unless there going to play it a different way.

cbg February 15, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I agree Alex is a little younger than the original Jack Lord, maybe CBS will started out as the young Lord starting his career. That could work, lets just give Alex a series that will stay on for a change and give it a chance.

Cindy Rodocker February 15, 2010 at 2:48 pm

When is it scheduled to air?

admin February 15, 2010 at 2:53 pm

@Cindy Rodocker: At this point it’s still in the pilot stage. I f CBS orders a series it will likely be on in the fall or early next year.

cbg February 13, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I agree with Char give Alex a chance, he is a talented actor and not to mention absolutley gorgeous! Make it as big a hit as NCIS, just find the right actor to play DanO!

a.j. gray February 13, 2010 at 8:07 pm

The new actor in the Jack Lord role is too young…not believable ….you’ve lost me before the show starts.

Demented February 13, 2010 at 7:53 am

I’d watch 5-0 but I’d rather see Moonlight come back.
Very few “Vampire” shows catch my attention, but Moonlight did.

Davidgalvan February 12, 2010 at 4:08 pm

pretty lame, i wont watch, reamakes are lame, if the cw has showed us anything, its that remakes never work!

Isis February 12, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Loved Alex on The Shield. Great opportunity for him. Good Luck Alex.
I’ll be watching y.o.u.

CJ WST February 12, 2010 at 10:45 am

MOONLIGHT was a great show. THREE RIVERS was getting better.
I like Alex, hopefully FIVE-0 will make it.

Demented February 12, 2010 at 8:41 am

I’d check that one out.

Chance February 12, 2010 at 8:05 am

IMHO Alex O

Chance February 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Not sure why my entire reply was not here, but I’ll try again…

IMHO Alex O

admin February 12, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Seems like a problem with the apostrophe in “O’Loughlin”. Not sure why.

Chance February 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Okay…one last try at getting the whole comment here… with finf=gers crossed…

IMHO Alex OLoughlin is an exceptionally fine actor. I was really mad when they canceled Moonlight, which was really well done, and was getting really interesting. I think Three Rivers had potential too, but wasn’t given a chance to develop properly. It is unfortunate that the network heads have to pass an incompetency test to get their jobs. If a show is good enough to put on the air, then give it a chance! Some of the all time best and longest running shows had bad starts.
And crap on a cracker! Stop canceling good award winning shows, and leaving them hanging with no conclusion. Like John Doe… I’d still like to rip the idiots who canceled it a new one, for leaving that cliff hanger. Can you say bone-heads?
But come on… a remake of Hawaii Five O? Are there no new ideas out there to create shows from? The old one was good, for it’s time, but let it rest in peace!
There, I feel a little better now… sigh.

char February 12, 2010 at 6:35 am

Alex is right for any role. He’s a terrific actor and a very sexy guy. What more could you ask for? I just hope CBS doesn’t yank him off the air before the show is given a fair shot. Moonlight was a great success…Won the People’s Choice Award…and still got cancelled. Do him right this time, CBS!!!! You lost me once, but I’ll give you another chance…Be nice to Alex.