Hawaii Five-0: Original “Danno” James MacArthur to Appear on New CBS Show

James MacArthurIn the original Hawaii Five-0, James MacArthur appeared in 11 of the hit show’s 12 seasons as Danny “Danno” Williams, the second-in-command of the fictional Hawaiian State Police squad. He also had a significant role in the unsold pilot for a new series starring Gary Busey. And now, as the last surviving original castmember, MacArthur has agreed to appear in the newest version.

According to WENN, MacArthur’s a big fan of the new version that stars Alex O’Loughlin, Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park, and Scott Caan. He’s also been approached to make a guest appearance.

MacArthur recently said, “This one’s going to be a hit. It’s got a good cast and good plots. They’ve asked me to appear in the new show. I’ll do it when the time is right.”

What do you think? What role should MacArthur play? Perhaps playing Danno’s father or maybe even a bad guy?

jackie October 28, 2010 at 7:43 pm

aloha james mac athur – it could have been so nice to see you on the show < of the new hawaii 5-o of jack lord and danno william –
god bless you now @ rest and peace and loves – i loved watching you with jack lord ,
i watch some of new hawaii 5 0

Rich October 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I guess we’ll never know. He passed away today at age 72 (in Florida).

deb October 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Too late. He’s in the best arms now. Happy travels james m. Loved you in this world.

Anthony October 28, 2010 at 1:54 pm

@Meaghan Greyson Just because it’s not good as the original doesn’t mean it needs to end.

Meaghan Greyson October 17, 2010 at 8:50 am

I used to watch the old Hawaii Five O with Jack Lord and Williams. That was a great series. They were great actors.
I watched two episodes of the new series and found it like another “police and gangster” movie. For people that had not watched the “original” it is possible OK but not for the ones that watched it.
The actors do their best but they are not Lord or Williams. Sorry but the series is not so good and HOPE ends this year.

T. October 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I do not agree…I did watch the original and I find this new series it Great!! The action is awesome. Also love the comic bits that they throw in!! KEEP IT ON THE SCHEDULE!!!!!!

robb October 11, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Why not let him play his orginal role as retired Danno’ and could be called “Uncle” to the new Steve since that is out of respect in Hawaii….

LAVINIA TRULL October 22, 2010 at 10:51 am

I WATCH THE OLD ONE NEARLY EVERYDAY. I LOVE THE CHARACTERS ON THE OLD ONE BUT I ALSO LIKE THE NEW ONE. IT WAS ONE OF MY MOTHERS FAVORITE SHOWS. I WISH “DANNO WOULD PLAY ON A BUNCH OF THE NEW ONES