HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

Arcadia Smith March 4, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I loved Hawthorne I wish TNT would order a fourth season because that show was the most realistic of them all. And it also gave the viewer’s something to connect to.

Linda Welsh February 27, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Unfortunately, I was a late comer to Hawthorne. I purchased all the episodes on pay per view through my cable company. My husband and I absolutely loved the show. I have worked in hospitals all my life and I can empathize with everything that happened in the show. I wish they would bring it back. absolutely loved Tom (especially when he spoke French). Please reconsider bringing the show back. Bring it back at least long enough so I can find out who shot Nick. Never liked him.

Ashley Lane January 9, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I really like the show wish it would air again I need a good medical show to watch

Tanya December 27, 2013 at 11:02 pm

The show was just getting started, and I think that it was cancelled way to soon. The last episode was hot and had the potential to be a great soap. They deserve another season.

lyne dallaire November 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I was sorry to see Hawthorne cancelled. I really enjoyed the show. The only problem I had was with Nick. I know Marc Anthony is a good actor but I don’t think he was the right person for this character. I wish you would bring the show back.

Barbie Lopez November 18, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I really enjoyed watching the show and wished it would have continued. Hate that now I am left in suspence on what happened to Nick (Marc Anthony)…

Arkamien Fludd September 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I wish TNT bring the show back on the air my family love it so much now it was the best show on air