HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

Cathy June 15, 2012 at 1:33 am

I’m extremely dissappointed that Hawthorne has been cancelled. I was just looking for the premier dat of the new seaso. Only to find out it’s fate. I LOVED HAWTHORNE. Jada is an outstanding actress and finally we had a show which depicted the outstanding work and dedication of nurses; as of course we know focus has always been placed almost solely on the doctors. Not to mention the the outstanding examples of of women of color, which is so needed especially for girls and young women. As for leaving the viewers hanging I. A cliff without closure… Time and Tim again there seems to be a pattern of ending African American series with no regard to closure for their audiences. They just leave our shows hanging time and time again. As viewers we deserve the respect of having closure to shows for which we’ve invested our time, attention and emotion. There are not many shows on tv these day worth watching so HawthoRNe will be sorely missed. I wish for TNT to reconsider its decision.

Amanda Dutko June 14, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I was looking forward to Hawthorne new series and now one of my favorite shows cancelled again. You guys are jerks you cant let us hanging around wondering what the endings are. I always watched it when i come home from work or i recorded it and watched it the next day and now im very disappointed

Lauryn June 14, 2012 at 12:04 am

I am a die hard HawthoRNe fan! I loved this show and everything about it! Jada Pinkett Smith is one of the BEST actresses of all time. She deserves this show. TNT will regret the day they decided to cancel HawthoRNe. BRING HAWTHORNE BACK! #teamNICKRANATA

Brenda June 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I loved this show !!!!!!! I am so sorry to see it cancelled couldnt wait to watch it. TV is getting pretty crappy if you ask me only a few of the good ones lefted. :(

Barbara June 7, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I’m sorry to hear the show has been cancelled. It’s terrible to leave it’s viewers just hanging. What’s become of her marriage and most importanly, WHO SHOT NICK???
Can’t they at least film an ending?

rhenae June 4, 2012 at 11:00 am

Please do not cancel the Show Hawthorne, it was a great show, watching this show was interesting. Why don’t you cancel those simple shows like falling skies, las vegas, etc.
I was looking forward to a new eposides for the summer with Hawthorne. I don’t watch many show but I really enjoyed watching Hawthorne; bring it back on television, please.

Catherine Fountain June 3, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Every woman I know watched Hawthorne . What are we to do now. The men have their sports, the kids have Nick and Disney what’s left for us.

Michelle Santos June 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I loved Hawthorne! I don’t like the shows that are on these days. I appreciated the realness of Hawthorne. For once we got to see what it’s like to live as a strong single African American woman and the reactions to her. It was not fair of the network to cancel it without warning leaving everyone to wonder what happened. Everyone I know watched Hawthorne and I don’t believe their ratings mumbo jumbo. Please take another look at what you have done.

shonda June 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I really love that show, i hate to see it being cancelled after all the great shows that was being aired…. TNT does not know good tv shows!!!!

Missing the show May 29, 2012 at 8:29 am

WHAT!!! Not soming back.WHY!!!!! NO ER and Now NO Hawthorne. Im devistated.
We have to be left hanging??….what going to happen to them.This is no way to end a show.Go out with a bang!!

Nancy May 22, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I liked the series HawthoRNe but was very troubled by the way she behaved with the Marc Anthony character and cheated on her new husband. Perhaps after that there was no way for her to redeem herself.

Shelia S. May 22, 2012 at 1:56 am

I really enjoyed watching the show and felt it really did give its audience a realistic perspective on African American women as women who are strong, hard working, and the struggles faced by them. The show was very engaging. I loved the show for its substance and appeal it had to the African American audience. I was very disappointed to hear that it was cancelled. I was more shocked by its rating considering its creativity as well. I wonder if all the negativity geared toward Jada’s and Will’s marriage played a part in the ratings going down or people making the assumption that her and Marc Anthony were intimately involved. Any way, what an unfortunate tragic.

Diamond May 21, 2012 at 11:40 am

i really really want hawthrone to come back…i wish and want to see more…please rethink your opinion.

Upset May 19, 2012 at 11:05 am

I am upset that HawthoRNe has been cancelled some of the other not worth watching shows made the cut. People are not giving the writers a chance to keep you wathcing and improving the charcters. I will miss the show, is gives me something to watch in the summer until fall, I do not watch many series but that was a favorite, maybe we can get a campaigne going to bring it back.

isa May 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

i was looking forward to seeing more…especially marc anthony!. meanwhile they air stupid shows like “THE B in apartment…”,and others not woth mentioning..
bring it back!…don’t leave us hanging!