HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

amanda803 July 30, 2012 at 7:21 pm

i really enjoyed this show and it really sucks that it has been cancelled TNT shouls be ashamed of themselves.

Hen July 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm

OMG! I am so mad right now. I just watched all 3 seasons on netflix and now I’m engulfed in the series (and I don’t normally watch doctor shows) and your telling me there is no fourth season…Poppy Cock, do we even get a farewell send off?

LAdams July 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I have been waiting for this to come back on and finally decided to look it up only to find it has been taken off. Really??? There are so many stupid shows out there now and this is one of the best I have seen in a long time. I am very disapointed.

T. LEE July 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I really would like to see a 4th season of the show. Have been a fan since day one!!!!!

Toy July 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I hope another network picks this up. I really enjoyed this series and hope that if it’s picked up by another network the 4th season will be a happy ending…. Please get this back on air. The reality shows are getting on my nerves…. :(

Monique carter July 19, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Man I hate you ppl that took this series off the air I love this show and I really hope u come to your senses and put it back on jada I love u and your show what a shame they took it off

TANEA July 19, 2012 at 11:54 am

this is very disappointing!!!! I Love This Show!

EVELYN July 17, 2012 at 12:04 pm

IT ASHAME I JUST STARTED TO WATCH THE SHOW AND LOVE IT THEY SHOULD TRY IT AGAIN ON A DIFFERENT TIME ON DIFFERENT DAYS I HOPE THEY DO SEASON 4 YOU NEVER KNOW….

Anonymous July 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm

the networks seem to pull the plug rather than try to find better time slots, or other things they used to do to get a show on its feet. and to top it off, they leave us all hanging instead of some kind of conclusion to the story line. if it isnt going to be renewed, please at least have a final episode without a cliff hanger!

adrian July 15, 2012 at 10:41 am

I don’t believe these ratings. I love this show and I am a minister. It touches bases with a little spice of everything in life. Great teaching tools for the young people. Esp Camille. I love all the characters too. Poor Nick, did he die?

Rose July 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I love the Show,Why Do You guy Always take the great shows off.I Didnt watch too much T.V to beagain with but this show got my atten.

Destiny July 14, 2012 at 8:06 am

Can u please bring the show back it’s not fair to us I mean how would u feel if everybody stop watching TNT let’s face it u dont have too many good episodes left

marie July 11, 2012 at 5:52 pm

i really think you should give the peopel the veiwer a chance come on 3 season only they get better ever time you cant just give up on hawthorne it was just getting statered its not fair to the veiwer how want to to see more thats where you lose the money the fans i think you all put your mines together it will work i wached it and i liked it i rate it 4 stars
if you dont work on the next couple seasons you lost veiwers like us

Anonymous July 11, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Ithink this was one of the best shoes on TV

Anonymous July 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm