HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

valantina September 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I too, love watching the show, and just when I was finally able to see all the episodes and catch up, I hear that its cancelled. They should be able to tracker viewers by the devices they was used, like demand, tivo, netflix, or hulu. Not everyone can watch on the night it comes on, and if they cancel a show they should have a tell all, no questions left episode and that away people will feel like they got some closure.

Donna September 17, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I love this show and wish it would return with season 4 , would love to see how christines life turns out camilles life bobbies life , and so on ,

Nakretia September 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I am very upset that HawthoRNe is cancelled. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SHOW. I watched the entire show on Netflix from the first episode on season 1 to the last episode on season 3 and my eyes were glued to the television. I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS SHOW TO AIR AGAIN AND HAVE MANY MORE SEASONS. In season 4 I would have wanted Tom and Christina to work things out and have a very successful marriage, although she was told she couldnt have children anymore..WELL MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. I am just so in love with this show…WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET IT BACK ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna September 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Agree love this show !!!!!!!!! hope it comes back !!!!!

rose September 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I tried WATCHING HAWTHORNE on netflix and I simply love, love, love this TV series. My eyes were glued to the show, I have always loved Jada since her younger days with A DIFFRENT WORLD’. How do we get this show back on cause its a brilliant and fasinating show! Seriously, who can I talk to about more episodes of Hawthorne? I truely feel like I have been left in a forest with no map. I want and need Jada Pickett to continue her creative, heartfelt since of knowing whats needed on TV today! I Love You Jada And I Want You TO Come Back!!

crystal September 8, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I was so dissapointed when they cancelled Hawthorne. I absolutely loved it !!!! I was so mad that they ended the show like that….I really wish TNT would put hawthorne back on the air so all the fans can see what happened since we all got left hanging when the finale went off…Please… Please… Please… put Hawthorne back on !!!!!!!!

Nakretia September 16, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE…I AM NOT A TV PERSON AT ALLLLL…BUT I WATCHED HAWTHORNE AND WOULD WATCH IT DAILY IF THE SHOW CAME ON EVERYDAY….

Carmen September 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Very disappointed to hear the show had been canceled. We were looking forward to the 4th season. Wish you could bring it back and finish it properly.

Elaine September 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I don’t know who your demografic audience are but I know that not only did I watch, but I recorded any esposides that I might have missed. I have lots of friends and family who watched and we were excited about the upcoming season. This was a bad decision on your part there is not many good programs out ther witth solid stoy lines and that you can watch without all that extra stuff going. was a clean show with good lessons, excitement and drama. I wasn’t going to watch it but once I did I was hooked. I wish you would reconsider and bring it back.

Cheryl August 26, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Disappointed there will not be another season. I loved watching Hawthorne.

Sherilin August 23, 2012 at 9:39 am

Watched on Netflex. Great show. Dealt with real life issues. Great acting. They should at least do half season with a finale. So much drama between characters in beginning should bee brought back to grab the attention of some. More ER scenes for the action oriented type. Closure of previous characters and the research center in full swingWill miss it!!!

Teri August 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Watching it on Netflix…great acting, from Jada and supporting cast, and I’m not usually into medical shows!!! Sorry they cancelled it.

Jannie Bruinton August 13, 2012 at 8:48 am

I just hate this, this show Hawthorne is the best!!’ tell me why? It makes no sense! I know that everyone knows this show is the best. I watched all three season and i feel like if you was going to end it do it a little bit better!! I was left hanging!!! Thanks TNT!! You took off the best show to me!!!:(

judy August 10, 2012 at 7:24 am

i love the show , i was upset they cancel the show ,i wish it came back :)

Cherry August 10, 2012 at 1:39 am

I just watched the 3 seasons of HawthoRNe on netflix and it had a pretty good storyline for the most part. I would have liked to see where the show would have went after the last show. Aww…..

sybille August 2, 2012 at 8:21 am

im so mad with Hawthornes finale i was really hoping for a 4th season it was a great show it taught me so many stuff. I think iy should come back on air who cares if lots of people dont watch it it still has viewers i certainly will watch it.

Tracei August 1, 2012 at 6:53 am

OH WOW- I was wondering where the TV show was.. Maybe people should write to TNT and tell them to put it back on the air.. I am tired of the stupid/classless reality shows