HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

Momento November 9, 2012 at 12:31 am

I just finished watching all 3 seasons of Hawthorne and I must say I actually really enjoyed it. What I feel like now is buying all 3 series to just have them. I was a fan of ER, Scrubs and Grey’s Anatomy, but I must truly say I feel inlove with the show. I think mainly because of the enriched plots, great climaxes and conclusions as well, that’s not to mention just wonderfully amazing acting, especially on Jada Pinkett’s part. I like the unbalanced and dramatic wave that was sent out. The climaxes and the ending had me at the edge of my seat wanting more… and “O” boy I watched more of Hawthorne.

I’m not sure why people stopped watching this, I just knew when this show was coming out it would be a Hit! And most of the times I’m right. Though I wonder if TNT put this show on with a bad time frame, or did some other show diverted attention from this show? I wonder… how could anyone not like this semi reality, very dramatic, explosive show…
TNT… has to bring this show back on, because it’s just too damn good not too.
Besides I think Christina and Tom would get back together once they sorted out there differences, and I felt that Nick gave her passion, he loved her deeply and he made her feel safe. Though she might have loved him… she also knew it wasn’t right.

TNT… put back on the show PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous October 29, 2012 at 9:01 am

The worst acting and plot in a series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated this show and was soooooooo happy it was cancelled!!! Yeah!Yeah!Yeah!

Anonymous October 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm

It was better than some of the stupid reality shows that keep
Popping up. Come on, enough is enough. Put some other good
Shows on other than reality shows. We get enough reality
With the election that is going on. Give adults a break and put
Hawthorne back on in place of a dumb reality show.

Anonymous October 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm

1.)i didn’t like the fact that hawthorne loved 2 men.
tom and Christina didn’t get back together.

Adam October 20, 2012 at 9:10 pm

This was an awesome show! Bring it back please!

Heidi October 18, 2012 at 2:07 pm

So sorry to see the show has ended!!!! One of my very favorites!!! Please bring it back!

Beatrix October 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I LOVE this show so please bring it back please

Barbara October 17, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I just finished watching Season 3 where Nick got shot — what a horrible way to end a series. It’s way better than those outrageous reality shows which are replacing some really wonderful shows.

Anonymous October 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE BRING IT BACK

Connie DeLong October 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Hawthore back. You Cannot leave it end like that! So disapointed! I love this show, so sad that its over like that!

Edith Johnson October 7, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Sorry, I’m a late bloomer to Hawthorne…I LOVED it…just too much junk on tv. I don’t have tv at all now and decided to watch the seasons on Netflix via my computer. I LOVE this show. The writers were excellent and so were the actors; especially Jada…loved the ending and was waiting for seaon 4 to load on my computer but it didn’t. I wish the networks would stop airing so much junk and maintain quality tv for the mature at heart. DAMN shame!!!

normicha October 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hawthorne was a great show…Marc Anthony ruined it.. just too butt-ugly for TV

Anonymous September 25, 2012 at 11:52 am

PLEASE BRING ~ HawthoRNe ~ BACK PLEASE !!! I REALLY LOVE THIS SHOW !!!
I MISS THIS SHOW SO MUCH PLEASE BRING BACK ~ TNT !!!!

Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 4:03 pm