HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

D. Jesko August 12, 2013 at 12:13 am

I am just now finishing up watching HawthoRNe, on Netflix, absolutly loved the show, and was very upset to find that their was no season 4, wow what about the people who loved the show, the actors were very convincing, their so much more of a story to tell, please put these actors back where they belong, on this show!!

gail July 29, 2013 at 11:45 am

what were they thinking about hawthorne ? there are so many fans out there who jump at the chances to see the show back on the air . we should been polled on what we wanted to see with the show and i am sad . we need this show back on. great job jada ! we miss u.

mary July 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Sometimes I just think who ever it is donesn’t know TV. How do you know who is watching. No body ever asked me what I what! We start watching these shows and then their gone. Several networks are the same. Lifetime had a few good series started. Where are they today.

elaine May 23, 2013 at 9:40 am

HawthoRNe was one of my favorite shows. I thought it was so good that it would be on for a while. I was very dissappointed that the show was cancelled and hope maybe one day soon to have it pick up and start again.

Linda May 18, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I loved this series on Netflicks!!!! I hope that Jada will be in many more series.

Lila May 15, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I thnk it is terrible to end a show like you did. If you want to cancel a series you should at least give it a good ending. I do not like shows that end like that. It almost makes you want to see the last show before you start watching it.

shawna May 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Watched the series on Netflix and I loved it…..bummed it didnt make it to season 4 loved the whole cast and I wanted to see Tom and Christine work things out if he was not thrown in jail for the murder or attempted murder of Nick!!!

Dixie April 15, 2013 at 9:23 am

Loved the show in the beginning. Made you want to be a better person in everything you do. Then it got consumed by all the drama. Tom got wimpy, the best friend and nurse stabbed her in the back. Hawthorne was a strong character and I wished I had known it was on. I had to go back and watch it on Netflix! Bring it back with more of the cases on the ER and less on the personal drama and this show will rock!

Anonymous March 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm

i cannot believe they canceled such a good show.I was hoping to see jada back with Tom

Cassandra Mendenhall February 28, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I cannot beleive the show was canceled, I Love it maybe Oprah will pick it up , hope someone does a very good positive show.

anays February 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I am so upset I cant believe that TNT cancel the show it is a good show. Ridiculous you have shows that are ashame to watch and this is like a everyday life show.

sam February 17, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I loved the show and wish they would reconsider the cancellation. Yes another station would be fine, as long as they bring it back. Did Hawthorne and Tom get back together?
(I think they should)

Tonnelia February 2, 2013 at 9:26 am

Very disappointed about the cancellation!!!!!!!! Please bring the show back!!!!!!!

Maria January 15, 2013 at 10:20 pm

It wasn’t fair that they left people hanging. What happened with Candy, Ray ,and Malia?
Did Dt. Renata die?
Did Hawthorne and Tom get back together? (I think they should)
How is Camille getting along in college?
There are so many unanswered questions. Please bring this show back on another station if you have to.

Tonnelia February 2, 2013 at 9:27 am

Yes another station would be fine, as long as they bring it back.

diane April 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I just finished watching season 3 on netflix…loved the series…can’t believe I will have no closure….so depressed…..bring it back, at least don”t leave us hanging..

avonttie November 20, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I loved the show and wish they would reconsider the cancellation. To be honest though there has really never been a show where there has been a interracial couple happy and doing well to survive. There is always something tragic to happen and then it is over with like the powers that be just cant or dont want to have a TV show that has a interracial couple doing well and showing viewers that there is nothing wrong with it. They always get rid of the couples as if it is a omen to have it on their show they never last whether it be the couple or the show and in this case it was the show.