HawthoRNe: TNT TV Series Cancelled; No Season Four

HawthoRNe canceled season fourTNT has pulled the plug on their medical drama, HawthoRNe. The Jada Pinkett Smith TV series has been cancelled after three seasons on the air.

The cancellation news comes following the end of the third season a couple weeks ago. Despite having a strong start in its freshman year, HawthoRNe’s ratings have declined over the past two seasons.

Year three ended up averaging a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.51 million viewers, a loss of 22% and 19% when compared to season two. Year two had averaged a 0.9 in the demo and 3.09 million, a decline of 18% and 9% from season one.

When compared to TNT’s other summer shows, season three HawthoRNe had one of the cable channel’s smallest audiences. Only already-cancelled Men of a Certain Age had worse numbers.

In a statement, TNT said, “TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of Hawthorne. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in Hawthorne. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with Hawthorne nothing but the best.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that HawthoRNe has been cancelled? Why do you think people stopped watching? What would you liked to have seen happen in season four?

Canceled and renewed TV show

319 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Christina says

I watched HawthoRNe in 3 days on Netflix and am so upset that they ended the show. I hate the idea we are left assuming Tom killed Nick. I so wanted to see Tom and Christina get back together with Tom filling the papers. They would have done so well, along with Bobby running James River Hospital.
    I believe honestly if you have an addiance of any number keep running it. Or let sites like Netflix or somewhere have it for the dedicated audiance. Some money is better the. No money.

2. Anonymous says

Please renew it or else i not going to watch any of your shows anymore.If you do have Tom and Christina get back together because they were so go together.Many people want te show back so please renew it now or go **** yourself.

3. Anonymous says

Just finished watching it on Netflix, I understand why ppl stopped watching it her involvement with nick I found to be annoying but was really hoping for one more season so Christina and Tom could fix things a little. Rather then just ending with nick getting shot b

4. phlosy says

watch it on net flex i really enjoyed it cant believe it was canceled i would love to know also who shot nick great show….. need to bring it back

5. Alison says

Isn’t it funny I was a late comer also I watched the show first season on Netflix then finally recently the final 2 seasons were available but I agree I want to know who shot Nick? Did people get disappointed that Christina started making mistakes what happened to the decline in viewers?

6. sheda says

even if you dont bring back the show at lest let us know what would have happened…who shot nick n what gonna happen between tom and christina cause im really rooting for them

7. Arcadia Smith says

I loved Hawthorne I wish TNT would order a fourth season because that show was the most realistic of them all. And it also gave the viewer’s something to connect to.

8. Linda Welsh says

Unfortunately, I was a late comer to Hawthorne. I purchased all the episodes on pay per view through my cable company. My husband and I absolutely loved the show. I have worked in hospitals all my life and I can empathize with everything that happened in the show. I wish they would bring it back. absolutely loved Tom (especially when he spoke French). Please reconsider bringing the show back. Bring it back at least long enough so I can find out who shot Nick. Never liked him.

9. says

The show was just getting started, and I think that it was cancelled way to soon. The last episode was hot and had the potential to be a great soap. They deserve another season.

10. lyne dallaire says

I was sorry to see Hawthorne cancelled. I really enjoyed the show. The only problem I had was with Nick. I know Marc Anthony is a good actor but I don’t think he was the right person for this character. I wish you would bring the show back.

11. Barbie Lopez says

I really enjoyed watching the show and wished it would have continued. Hate that now I am left in suspence on what happened to Nick (Marc Anthony)…