HawthoRNe: Jada Pinkett Smith Series to Be Renewed for Season Three

HawthoRNeIt’s being reported that HawthoRNe will soon be renewed for a third season of 10 episodes.

HawthoRNe revolves around Chief Nursing Officer Christina Hawthorne (Jada Pinkett Smith) and the rest of the staff at Richmond Trinity Hospital. The series also stars Michael Vartan, Suleka Mathew, Christina Moore, David Julian Hirsh, and Hannah Hodson.

The renewal isn’t much of a surprise since the series continues to be a good performer for TNT, averaging 3.1 million viewers and a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That’s much lower than the cable channel’s bigger shows, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, but still enough to earn another 10 episode season. Of TNT’s summer dramas, only Dark Blue’s fate is unknown.

What do you think?Are you glad to hear HawthoRNe will be back for season three? Is it worth watching?

euneata payne January 26, 2011 at 7:37 am

Yes, Yes, Yes. I think this program is Fantastic. I loved the show and was disappointed because I could not find it and was hoping that it was not cancelled. I will be looking forward to the new season! Jada is simply magnificent in this role — I also love the other characters as well. This Show is a Winner!!!

jackie January 26, 2011 at 9:13 am

yes so glad hawthorne will be back on. love the plot and characters. this show is a winner.

mary January 13, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Iam so happy Hawthone will be back soon. we love this picture to sat down at night and look for this picture.

Paula January 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I am soooooo happy that HawthoRNe has been renewed! This is one of the best series out that I can actually sit with my daughter and enjoy. The last two summers we have had many bonding nights while watching this show. Hooray for another season!

Stacy December 15, 2010 at 8:51 am

yay please dont take this off air i would be really upset if u took this one off i really like this show and want to find out what happens between christina and tom so dont take it

Glo December 13, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I am super excited!!! YAY I cant wait to see what happens between Christina and Tom and the baby they are expecting. Too bad we have to wait soooooo long.

Shawnette November 22, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I love the show Hawthorne. This is a very different show than ER. I loved ER also well but I love the writing of this show. Keep Hawthorne, because as long as the show has fans, the show must go on.

Sweetymom 85 October 6, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I am so ecstatic the new season is coming. As a fellow RN i am glad i found a show i can relate to. Thank you TNT. I do hate that it will not start until next year. why cant it be sooner. well until then i guess i will just watch the show from the beginning.

smooches till the new season

p faison September 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Yes I really enjoyed the show so many different things going like the real world good bad poor or rich

Joyce September 26, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Yes, Keep Hawthorne on. It is great.

nickole September 21, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Yes I love this show jada is an awsome actress and the plots r great too bad like it was said earlier that we have too wait till 2011

Gwen Easter September 18, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Great to hear the show will be renewed! I love the acting and the plots.

Neessy September 16, 2010 at 11:31 pm

You bet! In fact I love Hawthorne so much that I haven’t eraced the last episode of this season. I refuse to erace the TIVO taping, so I can watch it over and over again, until next season. I wish I didn’t have to wait until 2011, it’s tooooo far away!

AHHH!!! September 15, 2010 at 12:33 pm

YES!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN CHECKIN THE SITE FOR WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR THIS NEWSSS!!! =D

Deb September 15, 2010 at 8:31 am

I really like Jada in the show it truly deserves to be renewed!!

Hawthorne Fan September 15, 2010 at 5:37 am

I’m totally estatic about the news. I can’t wait to learn more about the evolving relationship between Christine and Tom, as well as the other members of the cast. Yay, TNT for renewing this awesome show!