Helix: Season One Ratings

Helix TV show on SyfyThe scientists on Syfy‘s Helix have a tough battle ahead — not unlike a new TV show’s fight for survival. Will this series be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled due to low ratings instead? Stay tuned.

A thriller series, Helix follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to the Arctic and find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle. The cast includes Billy Campbell, Catherine Lemieux, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jordan Hayes, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanimé, Meegwun Fairbrother, and Neil Napier.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

3/28 update: The show has been renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.39 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Helix TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Maria D. March 11, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I really like Helix. Like others have said in this post – it’s well acted even though some of the episodes are somewhat slow. The last 2 weeks in particular have provided a lot of answers and set things up. There are likeable characters and characters you like to hate on this show – which keeps the tension really alive. I do hope that Syfy renews this one – I feel like lately there are a lot of crummy things shown on the channel and this is something for me to look forward to.

Mila Bulic March 11, 2014 at 9:33 am

I love this show. It took a few episodes to get into it, and I’m glad I gave it a go. I would hate to see it cancelled.

Aaron Coleman March 10, 2014 at 10:52 am

I love the show. Great twists and turns and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. I hope it gets renewed.

Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 6:24 pm

What make a show great is characters that are likable. There is no one in the show that I am rooting for. I have stop watching.

levilover March 6, 2014 at 11:07 am

this how started off slow, but has totally taken off. i love it! more plz!!

Cole March 5, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Cmon syfy u gotta renew it i absolutely love helix im spreading it to all my friends and all of them love it

Osamah H. Qashou March 5, 2014 at 6:19 am

At first I assumed I won’t like it, because I don’t typically like this form of Sci-Fi, but this one is VERY well done, and I love it, even though I looked hard for things not to like about it, but I wasn’t successful. Please Syfy don’t cancel this masterpiece.

Anonymous March 5, 2014 at 12:15 am

I love this show

Dan March 4, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Wow, so many studio plants and/or writers of the show showing their love! If only this much enthusiasm went into the scripts, Helix might be watchable. As is, each and every episode feels the same. Slow, drawn out, and very repetitive. I wanted to like it, but after 6 episodes of same-ol’-same-ol’ lather-rinse-repeat writing I must move on. RIP Helix.

sado March 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm

omg ru kidding me? this show is awesome plz dont cancel it help everybody we need to kick some asssssss

Cheyenne March 4, 2014 at 1:08 am

Honestly Helix is the main thing me and my boyfriend look forward to every friday. it actually makes me go to school every day because it gives me something to look forward to and makes the whole week worth it. I heard that Helix will only air thirteen episodes and i was outraged. Please help fight to keep Helix on the air for atleast three seasons. I’m very worried stupid people won’t undestand the show so it will get cancelled. please don’t let this happen.. i will legitimately cry i swear

Brittany March 3, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Helix is my favorite show on SyFy. The only one I watch and the only one I feel that is well written and very well cast. I love it so much! All my Friday statuses are on Helix! I wouldn’t know what to watch if it went off air! I was so thrilled when I saw the commercial for the premiere and I look forward to it every Friday! I don’t know what I would do without Helix on Fridays! Thank you so much for making this show possible and please don’t let anything happen to it! Or everybody’s Fridays will have no meaning, at least mine won’t! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I LOVE YOU HELIX!!!!!!!

Kate Fredericks March 2, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Helix is the first really well done sci fi show since SyFy took over the REAL Sci Fi! It is exciting. It follows a real story. Reminds me a bit (but not as good, OK?) of the Walking Dead. It seems to have direction, it has good guys and bad guys, it moves quickly and there are a lot of questions that need answers to. I really like Helix – better than Defiance or Continuum. This show needs to continue (as long as it continues to develop a story and not get stuck). Definitely hope it gets renewed!

allison March 1, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Helix is awesome. I am still waiting to watch Fridays ep. cause I was working I recorded it. I record it every week. I am so happy to see 7 of 9 killed off…… I am hoping that feb 28th ep is just as good as the last one keep it up

Francesco February 27, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Sometimes its just down to simple impressions for me.
I started to watch helix this week and watched 8 episodoes in 2 evenings; nothing really new about it but its well acted, well realized and enjoyable.
I had lot of fun watching it and got hooked pretty well so I do hope it gets renewed because IMHO its worth it.
Peace out.