Hell on Wheels: AMC Series Renewed for Season Four

hell on wheels season fourAMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth season of 13 episodes — the historical drama’s biggest order to date. The new episodes will begin airing next summer.

The cable channel was very encouraged by the ratings for season three when the series was moved from Sunday to Saturday nights, an evening known for lower viewership. Hell on Wheels also made it through a series of creative changes has prospered under the direction of showrunner John Wirth. He’ll continue in that role.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell on Wheels fans responded,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.”

A decision on the fate of Low Winter Sun hasn’t been announced yet but, thanks to some very low ratings, the show isn’t expected to survive.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season?

Linda December 18, 2013 at 10:54 pm

One of the best westerns I’ve seen and know others who think the same.

cynthia sanchez December 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

My husband and I are sooo thrilled to here the news….LOVE this show!!

David Lee December 16, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I got hooked on this series threw netflixs.I love a great western not enough of them.The ones that have a good story line.Awesome show…

Gail Lisenby December 16, 2013 at 11:13 am

Yes!!! Hell On Wheels is one of the top 3 shows on TV right now. My husband and I rank it #1. It is an honest, realistic program that is full of action and drama. Hell On Wheels is a quality western – it’s the kind you don’t see anymore. It is five stars for us. *****

SADIE December 16, 2013 at 10:34 am

BEST WESTERNS TO HIT TV IN A LONG LONG TIME-NEED TO GET RID OF ALL THE REALITY SHOWS AND PUT MORE WESTERNS LIKE HELLS ON WHEELS. I WILL BUY THE DVD AND SERIES TO KEEP IN MY LIBRARY

Jerry Doris December 15, 2013 at 5:41 pm

GLAD to hear of the renewal This is a GREAT show!

Jacquline L. December 15, 2013 at 4:45 pm

So, glad the show is coming back , can’t wait . I’ve been watching it since it started, haven’t missed a show !! When will it start again ?

Cindy L. December 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I’m so very glad that Hell On Wheels made it for another season. I just love watching where it goes every week. It doesn’t matter what night it is one I will watch Hell On Wheels.

DAVE S December 3, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Best series on TV. Would have been greatly disappointed if cancelled. Bohannon. is a great American anti hero. No BS. Would kick some of our current political wimps in the coledas.

Kate Fredericks December 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Very funny, Dave!! And sadly true! I also agree Hell On Wheels – one of the best shows on TV. AMC on Saturday nights if anybody is interested – Netflix has the first two seasons, not sure about the third. Go now and watch!!! (Best if seen from the beginning.)

ann November 30, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Sooooo glad it didn’t get cancelled I love this show

gene November 23, 2013 at 5:43 pm

so glad its coming back on,good show

Rose November 16, 2013 at 9:26 am

Love this one as well…. From one week to the next you never can predict what’s going to happen. Glad it got renewed!

Georgia November 15, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Sooooo glad this is renewed. They really picked up their game with the 3rd season. At one point, I was sure Bohannon thought he had stepped into the Twilight Zone!

Kate Fredericks November 14, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I honestly thought Hell On Wheels was going to be cancelled because Season 2 was a bit lackluster. However, the last episode was the HOW that I knew and loved from the first season and was unhappy about cancellation. TYVM Admin for alerting me it got picked up for another season! All I can say is YAYYYYYY! Awesome show! Thank you AMC!!

Bob R November 14, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Great show. Can’t get enough of it. Was surprised to learn that it did well on Saturdays and that is usually, the kiss of death. But, we fans will find it wherever it goes. Thanks.