Hell on Wheels: AMC Series Renewed for Season Four

hell on wheels season fourAMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth season of 13 episodes — the historical drama’s biggest order to date. The new episodes will begin airing next summer.

The cable channel was very encouraged by the ratings for season three when the series was moved from Sunday to Saturday nights, an evening known for lower viewership. Hell on Wheels also made it through a series of creative changes has prospered under the direction of showrunner John Wirth. He’ll continue in that role.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell on Wheels fans responded,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.”

A decision on the fate of Low Winter Sun hasn’t been announced yet but, thanks to some very low ratings, the show isn’t expected to survive.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season?

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. katie says

Happy to hear that ‘Hell on Wheels’ is renewed for Season 4.
    This show tells it like it was in the 1800’s. A very exciting show
    and Cullen Bohannon, Durant, and Elam and Eve make it
    most interesting, too. Always a twist in the series. We love this
    show and look forward to viewing it every week. Don’t ever get
    rid of this one AMC, it’s one of the best ever.

2. Mary says

Love, love this show. Am very glad it’s coming back. My world stops just to sit and watch it. I love everyone on it. Awesome!!!

3. cheridee says

I so love this show and I’m very excited for season 4. that’s a show that I wish I could be a part of, I love the life and being that I’m a total cowgirl it only makes since,

4. Mike says

Please keep this show on the air and others like it. We need to have more shows like this so the younger ones know just how hard it was back before tablets and ipads. This show helps forget the mess that is happening in the White House takeover for an hour at a time.

Mike

5. Sue says

Keep the show on but I really didn’t like the loss of Lily Bell in the second season!
    She was killed off early but I suppose you wouldn’t have a storyline now would you!

6. Rosa Taylor says

This show has a fresh perspective. Not doctor and police shows. Glad it was moved to Saturday night. Love this show.

7. william stivers says

dynamite show !!! can’t wait til next season. when does the new season air? i wish you were at least rerunning the old episodes! i’d definately watch them until they start again. once again great , great show ! thank you !

8. kay says

love this show, been watching it on Net Flix, careful not to watch too many at a time, like to save it. Be sure and watch from the beginning.