Hell on Wheels: AMC Series Renewed for Season Four

hell on wheels season fourAMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth season of 13 episodes — the historical drama’s biggest order to date. The new episodes will begin airing next summer.

The cable channel was very encouraged by the ratings for season three when the series was moved from Sunday to Saturday nights, an evening known for lower viewership. Hell on Wheels also made it through a series of creative changes has prospered under the direction of showrunner John Wirth. He’ll continue in that role.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell on Wheels fans responded,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.”

A decision on the fate of Low Winter Sun hasn’t been announced yet but, thanks to some very low ratings, the show isn’t expected to survive.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season?

Anonymous February 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm

lOVE THIS SERIES..KEEP IT GOING..MY FAVORITE ON AMC

Anonymous February 14, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Best program on television – thrilled it’s coming back. Hope it runs for years

Anonymous February 13, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Love this show !!! Glad to see it coming back

Luigi February 13, 2014 at 3:46 am

Fantastic. Glad to hear Hell on Wheels will be returning this summer. Look forward to watching it this summer.

donna felich February 13, 2014 at 3:41 am

I’m so happy to hear that this show wasn’t cancelled after all. I just finished watching 20 episodes –the three seasons— on netflixs. It is a gritty and hard at times to watch, but it is an excellent depiction of those hard times. The acting I thought was top notch. I look forward to more episodes and hope they will be numerable. I gave it a 5 star rating!!

Phil February 9, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Great show .Glad to here it’s back.I love a good western.

joann peavy February 4, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I love hell on wheels!!! Great to hear it will be back this summer. Thanks…

Bo February 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm

This is a show I wait for every season and then enjoy watching them again on DVD, I am so glad they are renewing it for a forth season. I can’t wait. You get invested into the charters and storys.

vern February 2, 2014 at 12:13 am

Love this series so authentic hope it stays around for a long time.

Mark January 31, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Good! I sure missed watching the show when it was stopped for no reason.

O.Rojas January 30, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Oh So Happy to hear that H O W will be back, Best show on T V. They should repeat season 1,2,&3 leading up to the new season. Love this show!!!!

Carole Syzdek February 1, 2014 at 7:56 am

I agree, they should repeat the first three seasons as a refresher to the ones who have watched all three in addition to the hope that it would attract new viewers for season four.

Stephanie January 30, 2014 at 1:04 am

I am ecstatic that they renewed the show. This is by far my favorite show on TV. Can’t wait until summer. Wish we had a date that it was returning so that I could do a countdown!

Carole Syzdek January 29, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Glad to see that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season. My husband and I have watched it from day 1 and absolutely love it; however, they shouldn’t have killed Belle.

Wilson January 28, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I am very pleased to see that there will be a forth season of Hell on Wheels.
I was raised in the old rail road town of Evanston, Wyoming. I find the series
fascinating and interesting. My father was a railroad engineer. My heritage comes
from a railroad background. I go out in the country side about twice a week and drive
the old initial grades that were built by graders of the U.P.

I am looking forward to the series.

Rutsen Staderman January 29, 2014 at 11:42 am

can you give us a better start date than summer

Cathi January 26, 2014 at 12:40 pm

So glad to hear they renewed the best series anywhere.