Hell on Wheels: AMC Series Renewed for Season Four

hell on wheels season fourAMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth season of 13 episodes — the historical drama’s biggest order to date. The new episodes will begin airing next summer.

The cable channel was very encouraged by the ratings for season three when the series was moved from Sunday to Saturday nights, an evening known for lower viewership. Hell on Wheels also made it through a series of creative changes has prospered under the direction of showrunner John Wirth. He’ll continue in that role.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell on Wheels fans responded,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.”

A decision on the fate of Low Winter Sun hasn’t been announced yet but, thanks to some very low ratings, the show isn’t expected to survive.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season?

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. donna felich says

I’m so happy to hear that this show wasn’t cancelled after all. I just finished watching 20 episodes –the three seasons— on netflixs. It is a gritty and hard at times to watch, but it is an excellent depiction of those hard times. The acting I thought was top notch. I look forward to more episodes and hope they will be numerable. I gave it a 5 star rating!!

2. Bo says

This is a show I wait for every season and then enjoy watching them again on DVD, I am so glad they are renewing it for a forth season. I can’t wait. You get invested into the charters and storys.

3. O.Rojas says

Oh So Happy to hear that H O W will be back, Best show on T V. They should repeat season 1,2,&3 leading up to the new season. Love this show!!!!

• Carole Syzdek says

I agree, they should repeat the first three seasons as a refresher to the ones who have watched all three in addition to the hope that it would attract new viewers for season four.

4. Stephanie says

I am ecstatic that they renewed the show. This is by far my favorite show on TV. Can’t wait until summer. Wish we had a date that it was returning so that I could do a countdown!

5. Carole Syzdek says

Glad to see that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season. My husband and I have watched it from day 1 and absolutely love it; however, they shouldn’t have killed Belle.

6. Wilson says

I am very pleased to see that there will be a forth season of Hell on Wheels.
    I was raised in the old rail road town of Evanston, Wyoming. I find the series
    fascinating and interesting. My father was a railroad engineer. My heritage comes
    from a railroad background. I go out in the country side about twice a week and drive
    the old initial grades that were built by graders of the U.P.

I am looking forward to the series.