Hell on Wheels: Season One Ratings

Hell on Wheels ratingsHere are the ratings for Hell on Wheels, the new TV series that revolves around the construction of the first transcontinental railroad. The first season of Hell on Wheels airs Sunday nights at 10pm on AMC.

The TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season are the best way to tell if Hell on Wheels is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:

Episode 01-10: Sunday, 01/15/12
0.7 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 2.84 million.
Season average: 0.99 in the demo with 2.98 million.

Episode 01-09: Sunday, 01/08/12
0.7 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 2.29 million.
Season average: 1.02 in the demo with 2.99 million.

Episode 01-08: Sunday, 01/01/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% episode-to-episode change) with 2.51 million.
Season average: 1.06 in the demo with 3.08 million.

UPDATE: Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a second season.

Episode 01-07: Sunday, 12/18/11
0.6 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 2.27 million.
Season average: 1.11 in the demo with 3.16 million.

Episode 01-06: Sunday, 12/11/11
0.6 in the demo (-25% episode-to-episode change) with 2.15 million.
Season average: 1.20 in the demo with 3.31 million.

Episode 01-05: Sunday, 12/04/11
0.8 in the demo (-33% episode-to-episode change) with 2.70 million.
Season average: 1.32 in the demo with 3.54 million.

Episode 01-04: Sunday, 11/27/11
1.2 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 3.28 million.
Season average: 1.45 in the demo with 3.75 million.

Episode 01-03: Sunday, 11/20/11
1.2 in the demo (-20% episode-to-episode change) with 3.52 million.
Season average: 1.53 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-02: Sunday, 11/13/11
1.5 in the demo (-21% episode-to-episode change) with 3.84 million.
Season average: 1.70 in the demo with 4.10 million.

Episode 01-01: Sunday, 11/06/11
1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.36 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.9 in the demo with 4.36 million.

What do you think? Do you like the Hell on Wheels TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed?

Tanya September 2, 2013 at 11:01 pm

MORE Hell On Wheels!!!!!!!!!!

Spirit July 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I love “Hell On Wheels” so do my co-workers. I doubt any of these comments will have affect if it comes back or not. HBO replace “Deadwood” with “John From Cincinnati” the fans went nuts the show blog was constant with complaints and curses for the powers that be at HBO and “Deadwood” was gone and “john” was in just not for long. How did that work out for them I know a bunch of people who cancelled HBO me included. My neighbor rented season 1 and 2 because we went on so much about it. Ordered HBO then cancelled HBO.

marc June 25, 2013 at 9:27 am

renew this show I think its a great show about the struggles of post civil war life when our country was in the mist of uniting north and south … the building of the trans continental railroad is one of our countries greatest achievement’s , in my opinion this show depicts how people struggled to survive without modern day tools and amenities , todays society is afraid of a little hard work , if its not sitting behind a computer or a video game or on there cell(smart) phones people want nothing to do with it …

rodney wade May 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

GREAT SHOW BY FAR ONE OF BEST SHOWS ON TV. RIGHT UP THERE WITH WALKING DEAD N SONS

Rich Clanton October 18, 2012 at 9:58 pm

If this show is cancelled I will no longer watch tv. This is one of the best western series to come along in ages and my wife and I feel it is in our top three shows. Good writters and excellent actors. Who in the hell decided o cancel a show with so much potential?????

VELMA EVANS October 11, 2012 at 5:36 pm

PLEASE,PLEASE BRING BACK HELL ON WHEELS IT IS A GREAT SHOW. I TOO AM ADDICTED TO THIS SHOW. THERE ARE NOT MANY GOOD TV SHOWS ON NOW DAYS,WHEN A REALLY GOOD SHOW COMES ON ITS TAKEN AWAY.I LOVE A GOOD WESTERN SHOW AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST……

Rich Clanton October 18, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Right on Velma this is a must keeper.

cindy m. October 11, 2012 at 5:44 am

I’m so disappointed that this great show has been canceled. You take so many show that people really love and really get into and there gone. I love a great western, was born and raised on them. Get rid of the reality show BS, which by the way is WAY out of control. Bring back shows, like Hell on Wheels (which may-be became so interested in our American History back in the 1800’s). I love these kind of shows, real life drama of how americans really lived. We need this kind of TV for our kids, not the crap they show now a days. Love you all on “Hell on Wheels!”

admin October 11, 2012 at 6:32 am

As the article states, the show has been renewed for a second season.

Rich Clanton October 18, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I agree 100%. This is truely one of the best western series of the early days in America ever.

Matt Dillon October 8, 2012 at 9:51 am

Put this show DOWN!!

Lee in SF January 20, 2012 at 9:43 am

ARe you kidding me?! This is one of the BEST dramas on tv!

Kat January 19, 2012 at 9:34 am

I’m addicted to this show, even though I didn’t want to be. I want to dislike it and write it off just ‘cos it’s a Western (and I don’t watch Westerns!), but gosh darn it, Colm Meaney’s in it and the characters/plot are so interesting that I can’t turn away. It definitely took a turn into some dark territory in the last episode. Anson Mount plays his character so well, you can really see the way he’s slowly losing his sanity/falling prey to this obsession he has with getting revenge, the sudden, dramatic shift from calm/good Bohannon to dark/obsessed Bohannon, and in the end someone completely innocent (of what he thought he was guilty of) dies because of it.

brigitte schell January 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

My husband and I absolutely love the show. I would give it an “A” rating. We did notice that a few of the stars speak real low and when the music is being played, at the same time, it is drowning out the actors voices, making it hard to understand what they are saying. Please don’t play the music so loud so we can determine what they are saying.

Neverland December 29, 2011 at 11:16 am

I really like the show. It is interesting watching the different racial groups interact as they build the railroad and also to see how they are reacting to finding out that the Asians who were building a competing railroad were finishing faster than they were.

Georgia December 29, 2011 at 8:04 am

I really like this show. Each episode makes me like it a little more each time.

Georgia December 29, 2011 at 8:05 am

I was really happy to hear it had been given a second season

Ross December 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Um, why would you put TV show ratings for a cable TV show?

admin December 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Ross ยป Because they are the biggest factor in determining if a show will be cancelled or renewed.