Hellcats: CW TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Hellcats canceled season twoMarti Perkins won’t have to worry about how to pay for another year at Lancer University. Hellcats has been cancelled after one season on The CW.

Based on the book Cheer: Inside the Secret World of College Cheerleaders, Hellcats revolves around a pre-law student (Aly Michalka) who must join her university’s cheerleader team to win a scholarship to stay in school. The show also features Ashley Tisdale, Gail O’Grady, Heather Hemmens, Matt Barr, Robbie Jones, and Sharon Leal.

The started off the season back in early September with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic, a 2.1 rating in the 18-34 female demo and about three million viewers.

Should Hellcats have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, those numbers started to slide pretty quickly and late last month, Hellcats fell as low as a 0.4 in the 18-49 viewers, a 0.7 in the young female demo and fewer than a million viewers.

While it’s not the lowest-rated series on The CW when you look at the season averages, it’s been in a decline all season and showed no signs of turning around.

As a result, the network has decided to cancel Hellcats. All the 22 episodes of the series have aired with the de facto series finale running last night.

What do you think? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season of Hellcats? Why do you think the series didn’t attract a bigger audience?

Anonymous September 30, 2011 at 2:57 pm

yeahh i was jw when hellcats was gonna come back on and just found out it is cancelled.. superrrr bummedddd… i love cw shows (smallville, gossip girl..) and hellcats was right up there at the top. my roommates and i watched it every week. i just hate that now were not gonna know what was gonna happen! :(

Debbie September 17, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Cancelling HellCats…big mistake. Was the best show on CW. Perhaps you should have tried changing the time slot or better marketing for the show. My age group is not even in the demographics that got the show cancelled and I loved it. One of my most looked forward to shows every week.

Cheryl September 12, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I really liked Hellcats and was looking forward to season 2. I just watched the CW preview show and I would not be caught watching H8r or the remodeled show, don’t want to see a bunch or size zeros or see people that hate stars suddenly love them. I think the reason some of these new shows don’t do well is because of the way they are shifted around all the time and when you go to watch them they are on one week and not on the next.

mark September 11, 2011 at 8:26 pm

bulllshiitttttt….. this show changed my life!!!!! first you cancelled life unexpected now hellcats!!! get a clue cw… whats next gossip girl!!!!! your whole stations ratings are going to go down!!!!! unreal… just unreal…. maybe you should not hire such big swines to be in charge or your cancellation of shows!!! read the ratings… nikita blow and so does vampire diaries!!! now you bring in some fag like mario lopez!!! really!!!!!!! get a clue!!!!

Andrea September 6, 2011 at 5:01 am

I cannot believe it.
I love the serie!!! Too much people do, we need the second season!!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, bring it back!!!!!!!!
Oh God, I’m really really really upset T____________T
Why? I mean, I need the second season!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

anaa September 5, 2011 at 6:58 pm

i looooooved that shoow ! i cant believe its cancelled ! uuughh bummer ! i was really watching forward to it ! im really maaad , i really wanted to watch the rest , really really baaad ideia to cancell , PLEEEAAASE BRING IT BAAACK ! PLLLLLEEEEAASE , I REALLY REALLY WANTED TO SEE MARTY AND DAN TOGETHER ! UGGGGHHHH

ROBIN September 4, 2011 at 7:52 pm

ANOTHER GOOD SHOW. WHAT’S GOING ON. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT ALL THAT WILL BE ON IS REALTY SHOW. LOOK AT THE MONEY I WILL SAVE ON CABLE WHEN I CANCELL THAT.

Anonymous August 24, 2011 at 1:48 am

It just show’s that sum ppl HAVEN’T watched the show if u think the actors we’re rubbish!!! I have a brain n I loved this show and I’m certainly not a cheerleader!!! Loved the acting they looked in2 real issues that young teens actually deal with! With a positive out cum! It’s just shows that ppl would rather watch mindless crap like jersey shore!! I enjoyed the program it was nice to have a feel good program that u couldn’t wait to watch the next episode! If it’s not got sex drugs n violence in it it just stands to reason that a network would cancel because more wastes of spaces would rather watch mindless rubbish then something that’s just a feel good fun show!!

jennifer August 23, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I loved this show!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!! People might stop watching CW !!!

lashella August 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

why the f would u not make a second series. it a bomber since we dint knae if marti is goin 2 see her dad or what happens 2 savannah sisters baby.

this totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@

sherri August 17, 2011 at 11:33 pm

mad as hell! that was the one show I loved to watch, other than nikita of course, I want to know what else is going to happen. and I want to know if hellcats will ever come back.

Brooklyn August 10, 2011 at 3:33 pm

PISSSSSSEEEDDDD that hellcats is canceled!!!!!!!! I loved that show!!!!!!!!!!!

jonny_ice-cool August 10, 2011 at 6:21 am

Amen!!!!!!! This has too be one of the worst shows ever produced and shown on TV. A season too long and not a moment sooner. Probably one of the worst cast’s in TV, no viable plot/storyline within an episode or over the season and just terrible writers and actors, plain and simple. I can understand why guys would watch this show occasionally, but come-on, unless ur brain-dead or just plain dull (or both & a ‘cheerleader’ urself), how can you possibly watch this garbage? However condisering the ratings, i’d have too say it’s rather refreshing there’s not many of these people out there.

Chardamer741 August 9, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Are you kidding me. How in the world did the Hellcats get cancelled and Nakita or however u spell it get picked up for another season. There are a million and one shows out their like Nakita…The Hellcats had me looking forward to the following week, to see how things would turn out. Believe it or not, their are many of the same things that go on in the real world as went on in your show…..It was good to see a show that had many issues that needed to be dealt with amongst young adults that was negative but yet had a good outcome…..Unlike Nakita and the farfetched things that go on within that show…I honestly believe that the CW was out of their mind when they chose to cancel this show. I chose to watch Hellcats and Vampire Diaries over any other show that came on TV during the week…..My kids and I sat down and watched Hellcats for one because my daughter does cheer and gymnastics and my son watches it because I like it…..My son asked me the other day when was it gonna come back on and I told him I would check and now to find out it isn’t….COME ON PEOPLE, GET A CLUE……..

dissapointed in cw August 7, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I would have watched Hellcats over one tree hill or 90210 anyday!!! I loved Hellcats the story, the cheer stunts, and the characters. bad decision to cancell!!!!!