Hellcats: CW TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Hellcats canceled season twoMarti Perkins won’t have to worry about how to pay for another year at Lancer University. Hellcats has been cancelled after one season on The CW.

Based on the book Cheer: Inside the Secret World of College Cheerleaders, Hellcats revolves around a pre-law student (Aly Michalka) who must join her university’s cheerleader team to win a scholarship to stay in school. The show also features Ashley Tisdale, Gail O’Grady, Heather Hemmens, Matt Barr, Robbie Jones, and Sharon Leal.

The started off the season back in early September with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic, a 2.1 rating in the 18-34 female demo and about three million viewers.

Should Hellcats have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, those numbers started to slide pretty quickly and late last month, Hellcats fell as low as a 0.4 in the 18-49 viewers, a 0.7 in the young female demo and fewer than a million viewers.

While it’s not the lowest-rated series on The CW when you look at the season averages, it’s been in a decline all season and showed no signs of turning around.

As a result, the network has decided to cancel Hellcats. All the 22 episodes of the series have aired with the de facto series finale running last night.

What do you think? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season of Hellcats? Why do you think the series didn’t attract a bigger audience?

casi toy March 3, 2013 at 3:52 pm

this is not cool i loved the show, this is so inconsiderate :(

Niki February 18, 2013 at 7:05 am

because I did not see all of this series and it’s a great series and I think it’s so good that it was not closed this series to Marti’s father called his sister, Marti and stormed out of there and the coach was fired.

Steffi January 15, 2013 at 8:51 am

I can´t believe that !!! I looooved Hellcats. and I think that when you decide to cancel a show then make an end that´s not expecting to be continued…

HellcatsLover January 5, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I love this sere I never lose an episode Why do they cancel it are they insane these doesn´t make any sense for me I am so disappointed on the producers!!

hellcat chick January 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I loved this show so much!!!!!!! Why did they have to stop it???? It doesnt make any since to me!!!!!! This was the best show ever and now its over!!!!! It wasnt even on long enough for it to get enough views!!!!! This is soo gay!!!!!

heather October 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I’m 23 n Love this show I believe they should keep making more I’d love to see hoe it works out for all… Please bring it back.

Veronika September 30, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Bring Hellcats back i am 22 years old and its fun for me to watch that show i want to know how things will end so i think they should make season 2 and at less finish right way

Dan July 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Just another example of a quality show that couldn’t connect with enough of the public because all the majority of people seem to want to watch is crap. I really liked this show…and not just because it had a bunch of attractive young ladies in skimpy clothing. ;) What I really found refreshing was that I thought they handled all the dramatic situations in a very realistic manner. Every conflict between there characters wasn’t some sort of misunderstanding or mis-interpretation without knowing the facts. They actually dealt with issues and resolved them as you would hope would be handled in real life. Unlike say, every situation on 90210 which is somehow still on the air. I guess it just proves that the public doesn’t want reality in TV dramas unless it on “reality” shows. Just add Hellcats to Firefly, Popular, Pushing Daisies, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Flash Forward and Sportsnight as quality TV that never had a chance.

cierra July 24, 2012 at 1:18 pm

i don’t think hellcats should have been canceled because the first season was so good and i love the drama

Melanie July 13, 2012 at 6:52 am

I love hellcats! honestly, you say it is a bad show but there are much worse ones out there. give season 2 a chance, might be a surprise.

ray. April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am

is the Gifted Man going to come back this summer or fall. Please let me know. Ray

Mike March 22, 2012 at 9:41 am

I used to be a college cheerleader, and to be honest, the show had nothing to do with cheerleading. I thought there would at least have been some cool stunting or tumbling in it, because that is really what it is all about anymore. Competitions have become a joke with everyone’s ADD mashed up music and teams trying to stuff so much into their routines that you don’t have time to appreciate any of it. It’s become more like a hobby, where the attraction is to learn cool tricks, kind of like parkour or free running. With that being said, the show was a lot of pretty faces and tight bodies wearing little to no clothing and causing a constant flow of drama. Haha, not that there is anything wrong with that, Baywatch was one of my favorite shows. I just think that the actual cheerleaders that tuned in were expecting something a bit different.

Liz February 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm

i was looking forward to another season! it was an excellant show. im very upset that it was cancelled!

Denecia January 31, 2012 at 6:45 am

I was really looking forward for season 2……..it was going so good

Carrie January 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I’m very pissed and upset that they have cancelled Hellcats. I usually don’t do these comment things, but I loved this series. It had everything you could possible want in a show. I wanted to know if Marti would get Dan because they deserve each other. And I wanted Marti to come to a closure with her dad and sister. I wanted Savannah to finally find Mr. Right. And I wanted Alice to grow into a better person. I don’t care of the viewer count was so low. There are people out here who thrive upon this series and taking that away left most of us wondering and guessing and especially upset that we won’t be able to find out every little thing until this show actually ends in Season 20 or something. I’m just disappointed and unhappy. Very unhappy.