Hellcats: CW TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Hellcats canceled season twoMarti Perkins won’t have to worry about how to pay for another year at Lancer University. Hellcats has been cancelled after one season on The CW.

Based on the book Cheer: Inside the Secret World of College Cheerleaders, Hellcats revolves around a pre-law student (Aly Michalka) who must join her university’s cheerleader team to win a scholarship to stay in school. The show also features Ashley Tisdale, Gail O’Grady, Heather Hemmens, Matt Barr, Robbie Jones, and Sharon Leal.

The started off the season back in early September with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic, a 2.1 rating in the 18-34 female demo and about three million viewers.

Should Hellcats have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, those numbers started to slide pretty quickly and late last month, Hellcats fell as low as a 0.4 in the 18-49 viewers, a 0.7 in the young female demo and fewer than a million viewers.

While it’s not the lowest-rated series on The CW when you look at the season averages, it’s been in a decline all season and showed no signs of turning around.

As a result, the network has decided to cancel Hellcats. All the 22 episodes of the series have aired with the de facto series finale running last night.

What do you think? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season of Hellcats? Why do you think the series didn’t attract a bigger audience?

website seo February 17, 2014 at 3:53 am

Working late is often the product of your laziness and unproductiveness
during the day, which results in you needing to work your ass
off late at night just to reach your deadline. Are you looking
out for outlets for promoting your small business.
t going to be able to find you on the Internet and you will have to rely on links
that you send to people.

Manuel January 28, 2014 at 8:53 pm

hola, me llamo manuel, soy de argentina, salta-capital. esta serie la pasaron por boomerang y yo me enganche del todo, me enamore de la serie pero yo esperaba la segunda temporada porque pensaba que como recien la pasaban habia que esperar por la segunda pero cuando leo que la cancelaron se me parte el alma. Es muy desepcionante que esta gran serie, fantastica e insuperable, la hayan cancelado. Son unos malditos los de “The CW” solamente porque bajo el numero de espectadores, eso no importa lo que importa son los fans, ¿como nos pueden hacer esto?. Si fuera por los que admiramos esta gran serie hariamos que bajara el numero de ranking en todas sus estupidas series asi veriamos que es lo que hacen, ¡no pueden dejar de transmitir todas!. Hellcats la verdad que me apasiono a intentar convertirme en acrobata, ANIMADOR, lo intento con todas las ganas porque esta serie me inspiro pero esto me baja todo el animo. ¿Esto es lo que le quieren hacer a las personas? darles una gran serie, dejarla en un final abierto, no financiar una segunda temporada ni dejar que la transmitan y hacer como que nada paso. A mi la verdad que esto me dolio mucho. Lo unico que pedimos los fans es que no nos dejen roto el corazon cancelando por siempre esta fantastica serie y que solamente intenten hacer unos 2 episodios mas o 1 pero que no nos dejen en un final abierto, porque eso nos duele mucho, solamente 1 episodio en el que desenvuelvan toda la historia que quedo sulta, porfavor, se los pido de todo corazon.

Yanesha January 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

i LOVE this show…………BRING IT BACK PLZZZZ

Brittany December 30, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I was looking around on YouTube when I came across videos of the Hellcats, As I look further into it I discovered I was hooked, just by watching clips of scenes here and there I became more interested in the series, wanting to watch more. When I couldn’t find all the episodes on YouTube I got on this website realizing it was canceled. I do truly think they should have made another season instead of just cutting it off, obviously they’re not going to film it now and air it but it is a shame that it didn’t peruse as well as it should have at its time.

Anonymous August 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Just found this it need to come back so we can see how the story ends please

wanda July 20, 2013 at 1:19 am

This was really a great show hate it ended. Great plot need to bring it back.

Anonymous July 24, 2013 at 10:41 am

AGREED!

Anonymous June 24, 2013 at 11:38 am

I really looooooved the show nd I was very disappointed that they cancelled the show I would have loved to c a season 2 :-)

Leah June 20, 2013 at 9:59 am

I just found this show on the CW. I started watching it about two weeks ago and finished it last night. I am SO disappointed it got candled. I loved the characters and the drama and plot-line was really great! I know it has been about three years since the first season but it would be really awesome if it could be brought back. I REALLY want to see what happens next! There are still some many loose ends. Even if it could be brought back for a second season and ended with every thing all figured out. Please bring it back!……

Anonymous August 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Omg me 2 i just found it on the CW a few weeks ago and i was so disappointed that they cancelled it i would have loved 2 see season 2 and what would happen with Vanessa and with Marti and her sister.

AnonymousX2 October 23, 2013 at 8:03 pm

it’s not 3 years old… the show just started airing this summer…

-.- October 23, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Really?/ SMH at you not paying attention anonymousX2 -.-

kayliegh June 16, 2013 at 5:42 am

I really love this show as I know from being a cheerleader what kind of presser ur under plz plz plz bring it back I think it needs to come back even though its been years. I know many PPL that are heart broken by the loss of the show. I know the following would be so great if they were to bring it back for just one more season. The audience needs closure.

Leah June 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

Kayliegh, I totally agree with you!
Even if they tied every loose end up with a second season I would be thrilled. Sure it would be totally awesome to have tons more seasons but, all we need is one more to find out what happens with everything!

Kalley June 1, 2013 at 12:51 am

I never heard of hellcats unt I went on the website. I fell inlove with the episodes that I would watch them fr hours straight! If they aren’t going to have a season two then why at the finale of season one give us such a rush at marti finding out that her sister is still in touch with their father? That just builds to much suspense that makes us want to see what happens next. Unfortunetley.. You guys decide to cancele. Who cares how many viewers there are! What counts is that people actuall like/ love this show.. And are wasting their time just to watch it. But there you go and cancele it.
Please bring back this show!!! It Would mean the world to us viewers.
Kalley

Amy. L May 29, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I LOVED this show. I wish they would bring it back! This was definitely one of my favorite shows SMH

Crimson April 28, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I think it needs to come back even though its been years. I know many cheer squads that are heart broken by the loss of the show. I know the following would be so great if they were to bring it back for just one more season. The audience needs closure.

Rachel April 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Ithink bringing this back asap be a great idea so not cool have one session when doing shows should do 4 to start with so audience isn’t left wondering . Doesn’t make us want to watch other shows on cw or cb what use to be wb if we are afraid its gonna be canceled oh yea dr. Heart good show too!

monique April 11, 2013 at 4:25 pm

i just sore a video for season 2 on youtube and omg this must be aired

monique April 11, 2013 at 4:15 pm

PLEASE BRING SEASON 2 BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU