Hello Ladies: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

hello ladies canceled on HBOWhile HBO has cancelled Hello Ladies, that won’t be the end of the line for the characters. The cable channel plans to wrap up the TV series with a special. There’s no word on when it will air just yet.

Based on Stephen Merchant’s stand-up act, Hello Ladies revoles around Stuart Pritchard (Merchant) and his search for love in Los Angeles. The rest of the cast includes Christine Woods, Nate Torrence, Kevin Weisman, and Kyle Mooney.

The first season ran for eight episodes, from September until November of 2013. The premiere drew 522,000 viewers and subsequent installments drew fewer.

What do you think? Did you like Hello Ladies? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season? How would you like to see Stuart’s story end?

107 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. laurie sherry says

To HBO, I found the show down to earth, real life events that made it more funny and true- not like other show that are to far fetched.

2. Amanda says

I just researched when the second season would begin, only to be absolutely devastated there won’t be one!! This is total BS. The show was hilarious, and rarely do I actually ‘LOL’, but actually did every episode.
    Sincerely, Pissed Off

3. Rich says

I just found out Hello Ladies was canceled . HBO please re consider, I loved that show. I agree that it was promoted poorly, I came across it mid season an was hooked . The characters and writing were great! Was looking forward to season 2. Hope someone else picks it up.

4. Tasha says

Please reconsider canceling this show! Hopefully someone else will pick it up. Netflix would be a good alternative to HBO.

5. W11 says

Loved it, very disappointed it will not be returning. My cousin and I got together to watch this weekly. Hoping that another network will pick it up.

6. warren says

Excellent, creative writing! I believe many found the show by accident and don’t think HBO really promoted it. So many scenes during the many eptisodes were so true that happen in real cases. Like the wedding episode, Stuart ends up at a table with a strange family, he doesn’t know, the son of the parents has no manners at a formal event starts acting up and the parents do nothing to correct the child. Another excellent epitsode, when christine gets a big acting part that is going to help her career and at the last minute the powers that be change their mind about her, devasated about the change, she calls Stuart and at the moment Stuart hooks up with a blonde he had been looking for, they decide to go to the beach, she decides to go swimming, Stuart gets a call Chistine Woods about the change, and realizes he has to pass up swimming with the blonde and get home to Cheer up Christine, concerning losing the acting part. He has a consious, realizes there can be chances with finding futures women. HBO blew it this time!

7. B says

I am sad to see this show go… I was soo looking forward to the next season.. Sure there were some cringe-worthy / awkward moments but thats what make it a unique different show. This show was hilarious! I wish that it could continue via a new network… Maybe even netflix…

8. Kenny B. says

It’s a good show on the whole but perhaps some find the intense-awkward-moments thing overplayed a bit with BBC’s “The Office”, subsequent NBC’s version “The Office” which is the style of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant having characters back themselves into embarrassing situations. Having said this, I do like the show and would enjoy seeing it return as the characters were likable and one could invest in with interest. I look forward in seeing the series-wrap special.

9. Gwen says

This show is hilarious. If everyone just watched ‘The Dinner’ episode, this show would be back for a second season!

10. Nenad says

What a cool ,funny and great show. Shame that’s cancelled, I hope the HBO will reconsider. Merchant is such a funny dude. Very entertaining :)