Heroes: Bryan Fuller Quits NBC Series Again; A Nail in the Coffin?

HeroesAs even the most passionate Heroes fan can agree, the NBC sci-fi drama isn’t nearly as popular as it once was. Many once-loyal viewers fled after having had to endure a number of missteps in seasons two and three.

Heroes started to draw some viewers back into the fold earlier this year, after it had been announced that Bryan Fuller was returning to the show as a consulting producer and writer. Some credit him with helping to save last season’s final arc.

Fuller, who created inventive shows like Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me, was a co-executive producer during Heroes’ very popular first season and departed to run Daisies in 2007.

Now, Fuller has left the show once again. He’s in the midst of a two year deal with Universal Media Studios and will concentrate on his own projects. He said, “Development was really starting to heat up, and it appears like I may be writing multiple pilots for NBC so that wasn’t leaving a ton of room for Heroes, unfortunately.”

NBC has been struggling in the ratings and the once-strong Heroes has lost a lot of steam since season one. The show has already been renewed for season four but, in light of this news, will you be watching? Does this news signal the end of Heroes or can it survive to see another year? What would you do to fix it?

Casey D.Cantrell April 16, 2013 at 5:00 pm

To understand each episode all you have to do is keep up and be interested. They all made since to me and I wish that I could watch more. I mean come on if Jason of Friday the 13 can live on and on to become the dumbest horror flick known to man kind surely we can keep HEROS on the air which by the way, blows Friday the 13 completely out of the hemisphere. But I guess it’s all about money and not really giving the fans what they really want. I’m happy that I’ve been able to escape from reality and enjoy every second of every episode. Many thanks to the actors, actresses, writers and producers and to all be the behind the scenes people who made HEROS a brilliant and wonderful way to escape from everyday stress. You’ll all be missed.

Mikieusedtolikeit November 11, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I agree with wannabe. My number 1 gripe is not the anagonist Sylar. It’s the vaccum of a protagonist. Let’s face it, that was Peter. I don’t even understand why he is in the show at this point. It’s like watching superman getting his hands chopped off and trying to be relevant with nubs. I am ready to puke at Hiro. His schtick is very tried. The 2 most developed and worth while characters are Sylar and Horned Rimmed Glasses. This is a hero’s tale being told by tellers of Soap Operas.

wannabeheroesfan October 29, 2009 at 2:36 am

What I wanted Heroes to be was a “good vs evil” type show where “good” wins. What they’ve done is turn it into a soap opera. Giving Peter 1 ability at a time is just stupid…having him as the “anti-Sylar” was engrosing, but him running around chasing ambulances is just stupid.

I still TiVo the show, but fast-forward through most of it now.

Anonymous October 28, 2009 at 5:48 pm

what seeing Claire kiss a girl wasn’t enough spice for you?

SHERRY JAMISON October 27, 2009 at 7:15 am

I USED TO BE A HUGE FAN OF HEROES BUT SINCE LAST SEASON I CAN’T KEEP UP WITH
ALL THE SWITCHES FROM GOOD TO BAD. MY GOODNESS, STAY CONSISTENT. ALSO IT STARTED GETTING A LITTLE BORING. SPICE IT UP A LOT!!

miau_lalala October 25, 2009 at 2:29 pm

The problem is Sylar, his story has been chewed through again and again… they should have brought in a new bad guy, as i thought they would, with the boogieman pe. and what about peter saving that girl he took with him to Montreal???

CP September 25, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Heroes is a fun show and will stay and that is all.

candy September 22, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I loved it from the beginning and still do! The characters are so engrossing and I think the story line is too! I love the actors too. I’m shocked it is not more popular and sad it may be the last season :(.

Skysoldier173 August 4, 2009 at 10:32 am

This show was never alluring it was crap pure and simple.the sooner it goes the better.

jetgraphics July 28, 2009 at 11:48 am

I stopped watching “Heroes” half way through the second season…

I can’t quite explain it – - – but it ceased to be alluring.

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 3:18 am

The reason, the show gone downhill is that Sylar should have died in season 1, because of fans demanding his return, they brought him back and with that the series became worse, they are now Sylar dependable, and cannot start new ideas and give fresh life to Heroes.