Heroes: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Five but…

IMAGEAfter becoming an almost immediate hit for NBC in Fall of 2006, Heroes dropped significantly in the ratings over the past couple seasons. Fans have complained about the storylines but the TV show has been one of the network’s biggest draws in the 18-49 demographic. NBC has opted to cancel it anyway.

Heroes follows a group of ordinary humans who have developed extraordinary powers that end up affecting their lives in positive and negative ways. The series’ large ensemble cast includes Adrian Pasdar, Ali Larter, Cristine Rose, Greg Grunberg, Hayden Panettiere, Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee, Masi Oka, Milo Ventimiglia, Robert Knepper, Sendhil Ramamurthy, and Zachary Quinto.

The network had reportedly been considering three options to wrap up Heroes — a 13 episode order for mid-season, an order of four to six episodes that could be aired over a couple nights in the fall, or to just cancel the series outright.

Though Heroes still brought NBC some its better 18-49 ratings this season, the numbers just can’t justify costs with a sizable cast and special effects budget. The network has a large selection of new hour-long dramas to choose from and so, has decided to cut Heroes.

On the bright side, NBC is supposedly working on a plan to wrap up the series. Right now, it sounds like there will be a two or four hour event that will air mid-season. The details will revealed at NBC’s upfront presentation on Monday morning.

Over the past day or so, Grunberg has been tweeting and hinting that “the fat lady” was getting ready to sing. As the news broke of Heroes’ cancellation, he wrote, “I’m hearing The FAT LADY singing her ass off!!! #Heroes = Cancelled! Sad. BUT… W/bad news comes GOOD!! My Next Tweet will explain!!” Three hours later, and Grunberg still hasn’t tweeted again.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Heroes has been cancelled or was it long overdue? Will you watch the wrap-up event, whenever or whatever it is?

zac August 18, 2012 at 1:31 am

this is bogus man !!!!!!

zac August 18, 2012 at 1:30 am

We been ripped off ! ive been lookingfor some kind of finale or some other ending to happen, you dont just cancel a show like that and not expect people to be mad….. we need a real finale…….that was a great show i looked forward to every week, i just now went to nbc website to see its ending??????

Giovanni August 15, 2012 at 10:35 pm

PLEASE!!! for the love of God u cant just cancel it like that. Its just all wrong. atleast make like 2 more seasons to sum it all up. not with a “to be continued” and this same exact night i try to look for another season being made and i read that its CANCELED!!! I literally dont know what else to watch on netflix anymore. I love and need this show.

Carie August 15, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Stupid decision! I loved the show and watch it so many times! They need to put it back on! U suck NBC!!!!

aimeemiller August 15, 2012 at 5:27 am

heroes is the best series ever !! pleassseee make moree !!

Somebelgianfan August 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I’ve watched all four seasons, most of the episodes more then once. Finished the last one 20 minutes ago eager to see what more is/was/should be to come. But all I just found out is that they just cancelled the whole thing? I have some words going through my “ordinary” mind describing the people canceling this show, but I’ll most of them are just to special to put out there. I can only back the great comments I’ve read here. Great loss to me and all other Heroes fans that’s all I am certain of.

Ufoz August 12, 2012 at 8:21 pm

All I have to say is that NBC are dirty rotten scandrouls to promote and let a series that millions of us watched on their network and not have the courtesy to at least finalize. I don’t even watch T.V and this sucked me in on Netflix. Yes, I’m a little upset. Thanks!

Ufoz August 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

All I have to say is that NBC is some dirty rotten scandrouls to promote and let a series that millions of us watched on their network and not have the courtesy to at least finalize. I don’t even watch T.V and this sucked me in on Netflix. Yes, I’m a little upset. Thanks!

Anonymous August 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm

What the actual heck?? I just finished this show on Netflix, and it’s cancelled!!! Bring it back for crying out loud! Do they have any idea how popular it is on netflix? Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID NBC.

jeremy August 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm

This was still a dumb decision in 2012

Nittaya Ketsiriyothin August 4, 2012 at 7:32 am

Awww…man, I will always like it show , but why… It easy the best series I ever has seen Yeah, disklike ending cause there stood “to be continues” I always Thank that comming some new, but I waiting for nothing. I have buy all season they was really really cool, something I think “woaw I will wish I was with in the show” but it’s possible, but Love Ya guys from Heroes and you Tim Kring with the best show ever!!! :D

Shane brookman July 31, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I have watched all four of the seasons of heroes… And it makes me wounder why some one that stupid put it off air just like that? This show showed us freedom to everyone no matter if it special or odd or even normal. So why take it off air when you had something big going for you guys?…

Shawn Brookman July 31, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I have one question and one statement only…Heroes was a damn good show everybody
Loved it and who gives a rats ass if some people didnt so get the cast
Back make another couple of seasons and stop waiting time people!!!!!!!

Anonymous July 28, 2012 at 4:24 am

damn u guys that show was the shit

Tank July 27, 2012 at 8:11 pm

also does anyone remember the thing they promoted to have people vote on a new hero to install in the series? what was the point in that if they were gonna cancel it. dont make any sense.