Heroes: Cancelled NBC Show Returning [Video]

Heroes RebornNBC is breathing new life into their old Heroes TV series. The network has ordered a 13 episode mini-series which will air sometime in 2015. Heroes creator Tim Kring will head up the project.

Called Heroes Reborn, the mini-series will be a standalone project and it’s not known yet if any of the original show’s characters or actors will be taking part. A digital series will debut prior to the TV return to introduce or re-introduce viewers to the characters in the project.

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

NBC teased their plan to revive Heroes with a promo spot during Saturday’s telecast of Olympics coverage.

What do you think? Do you like this idea? Which characters (if any) should return?

Cindy July 15, 2014 at 12:30 pm

OH MY GODS PLEASE BRING THE SHOW & ALL THE CAST BACK!!!!

graceslick July 2, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I want them all back. Peter, his brother Nathen, mother, Dr. Suresh, Zachary Quinto (made the show what it was) and Hayden Panatierre, and her dad. Hiro also made the show what it was, but he needs his friend Ando (they were great together). I loved this show and never ever missed it.

Jerri July 2, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Anonymous May 25, 2014 at 11:32 pm

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The person who said season 3 was dull is an idiot. They needed a good portion of that to let us know the in’s and out’s of who and why Gabriel became Sylar, and how he would make his return to good.

jh21 March 31, 2014 at 3:19 am

I want the cheerleader!! @Snecker lol

Pikachu March 21, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! I can’t believe what I just read!!! We already have plans to record Zachary Quinto’s episodes of Heroes on G4! If Zachary Quinto is in Heroes: Reborn, WE ARE WATCHING!!!!!

Snecker March 5, 2014 at 9:14 am

I want Peter!! also Hiro would be great :)

Kara February 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm