Heroes: NBC Wrap-up Movie Plans Cancelled [Report]

Heroes movieSorry, Greg Grunberg. It turns out that Ali Larter might just be right. It seems that the Heroes wrap-up movie isn’t happening.

As fans know all too well, after NBC cancelled Heroes in May, there was talk about wrapping up the TV show’s storylines as either a movie or a mini-series. Despite the fact that some time had passed, series creator Tim Kring recently indicated he was still optimistic.

He said, “It looks like we’re really going to start talking about it now. The summer months in television are always about preparing for the Fall launch of all the new shows, so I totally understand why there hasn’t been a lot of discussion [until now]. Once the Fall season is launched, I fully believe that this discussion will get reignited in a very big way.”

Now, according to EW sources, NBC isn’t going ahead with the project, at least for the 2010-11 season. However, that may not be the end of the Heroes universe. Kring believes that the show’s broad premise allows for many different stories to be told in many different ways.

What do you think? If not onscreen, how would you like to see Heroes continue — as books, comics, animation, web shorts, or in some other form?

Kimberly September 25, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Loved the show! Watched every season. Totally expected some kind of ending by now! I don’t care in what format just choose one & make an ending please…I feel really let down. Why make a series that intense then not have a conclusion? A story should always have a beginning, middle & END!!! If not it’s just a HUGE waste of time!!!

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Please bring heroes back. I have been working on a patisoin to get it back on air and I already have 42,632 signatures on it and I want give up till I get enough to get it back on air

JSchack August 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

BRING HEROES BACK!

NightLight August 8, 2011 at 6:05 am

who is the idiot responsible for cancelling this show?
I want to punch him in the face!

Jon August 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm

it does piss me off that one of my favorite shows of all time got the axe
that damn writer’s guild ruined everything (well season 2 for the most part)
I wasnt expecting to read articles in magazines and in the papers that the show was getting a beating from the ratings and viewers
in all honesty: I still loved watching the show non-stop even with some of the useless subplots and story twists and turns
Kring really created something for all of us similiar to X-Men
still I feel robbed having season four not really ending
these guys gotta do something to explore more of the Heroes universe or have it end properly

Élie July 30, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Please make new heroes episodes! An epic tv show like that needs an end! Damn it!

Ryan July 21, 2011 at 5:18 am

Yea man wtf just bring heroes back!

Anonymous July 17, 2011 at 4:06 am

All the Heroes cast and crew owe something to this show and they should have some closure. Even movie will work. I consider Heroes a failure without ending.

anonymous July 15, 2011 at 8:43 am

I wish they would bring heroes back! I cannot believe they wont even finish the story!!!!!! I am so bummed out now. My friends and I enjoyed monday nights; we would watch Chuck from 8 to 9 and then Heroes from 9 to 10 and then would talk about it all during lunch the next day. Now those happy times have no chance of coming back
: (

Mark July 5, 2011 at 6:26 pm

To be quite honest, my family didn’t watch Heroes when it was originally on television. Moreover, we watched every episode via netflix, and loved the series. We hope NBC re-considers, and either brings Heroes back as a series, mini-series, or a movie. There are a bunch of loose ends that need tied up. Thank you.

yvette July 1, 2011 at 8:39 pm

this happens all the time leaving fans upset understandable actors have contacts etc & move on but come on this show was unreal if silly shows like THE NANNY need i say more can come back and do it why cant the brillent minds of this show work something out

Anonymous June 27, 2011 at 11:17 am

people need closure Movieeeeeee timeeeeee

Ariadna June 22, 2011 at 4:50 am

At least do the movie. What you did is just wrong. I’ve fell in love with the series, as did lots of people, at least have the decency to finalize the story.

Brii June 16, 2011 at 8:51 pm

WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH NBC! I SUPPORT ALL OF THE COMMENTS AND WHY CANT NBC REALIZE THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF FANS OUT THERE WHO WANT IT BACK?!!?!? WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS SHOW WAS CANCELED I STARTED CRYING BECAUSE I WORSHIP THIS SHOW AND ITS ALL I TALK ABOUT !!!!! IF THEY DONT MAKE A MOVIE IM NEVER EVER EVER WATCHING NO F****** NBC AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Who is with me i. Getting heroes back?!?! I REGRET WATCHING THE PREMIERE TO SEASON FIVE BECAUSE THAT JUST MAKES IT WORSE KNOWING THERES MORE TO IT WHEN CLAIRE JUMPS OFF THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH THE REPORTERS!!!! IF U NBC OR GREG GRUNBERG IS READING THIS YOU ARE IDIOTS FOR NOT MAKING A MOVIE OR BRINGING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!! :’( ALL THESE COMMENTS GET ME ANGRIER AND ANGRIER KNOWING THEYRE PROBABLY GOING TO MAKE ALL THEIR FANS UPSET!!!! DONT MAKE WORSHIPERS OF HEROES LIKE ME BE LIKE THIS THANKS FOR RUINING MY LIFE NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren B. September 5, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I totally agree with you. I come from New Zealand. I have been a huge fan of Heroes since its inception, and frankly NBC and Mr Goldberg should look at the bigger picture. The ratings of a program that is released in the USA and is then subsequintly shipped overseas shouldn’t be the by all and end all. There are fans all over the world who want this series to have a final conclusion, not to be left in limbo.

Who do I get in contact with to revive the series?

john June 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

wtf just bring heroes back -_-

Anonymous August 13, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Hell yea I just got into the show I fucking love it!!!