Heroes: Greg Grunberg Still Believes the Movie Will Happen

HeroesIn a recent interview with the NY Post, actor Greg Grunberg said that he believes that a Heroes movie will eventually be made.

The NBC series was cancelled last spring after four seasons and a decline in ratings. Heroes creator Tim Kring has said that he wants to make a movie and would like to keep his fictional universe alive.

Grunberg said, “I think there has to be [a movie]… But I also predicted they wouldn’t just out and out cancel it, so what do I know?”

He continued, “It makes business sense to do something — there’s a huge fanbase that wants some sort of conclusion and I think the actors want to do it. It’s not about making a fortune to come back — we all appreciate the fans so much, I think if the call went out, we’d all be on board.”

What do you think? Will the Heroes movie get made eventually or do you think things are getting more doubtful as time passes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

31 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. shay says

they could make a whole season after the ending of season 4, so at the very least, they should make some kind of a finnale.
    please – we are waiting!!!

2. starryarrow says

They need to focus more on Peter’s character like they did in the first season. I REALLY hope they at the very least do a movie. I would like the whole show to be revived. Look at all the crap shows NBC has going. I mean really…Chuck is still going but they cancel Heroes? Idiots.

3. Nice N Nasty says

I must admit that I am a loyal heroes fan also. But Iagree that the series writers must’ve been passing the needle in the office…lol. I mean look at all the loose ins in the show Sylar mister nice guy now, and punk @$$ Peter with him loosing all his power and getting one back to use at a time….WTF. NBC owes all the fans a final show down!!!

4. Joy says

THEY NEEEED TO MAKE IT THERE ARE TOOO MANY LOSE ENDS IT IS A MUST. MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE DISAPOINTED IF IT DOESN’T GET MADE!

5. oz says

The show should’ve been cancelled after season two but because of the big fan base it keep going. Along the way the show got worst and worst and finally someone put it out of its misery.

6. Tombo says

The series became unwatchable and I could not wait for them to pull the plug on it. I think the writers were cooking meth, because they obviously were not interested in writing plot lines that had any flow or sense. They had no idea what to do with the characters on the show and how to develop them. This show had such great promise and they turned it into garbage. What a waste.

7. REC says

I am the firs to admit that Heroes got crazy an plot-holish over the seasons, but I am still a damn loyal fan of the series. I would love for a conclusion movie to come out and finally wrap things up for good, not leave anything hanging AT ALL! I remember someone from the NBC network stating that a 2-hr Heroes tv-movie is the most likely possibility and could happen for winter/spring 2011. I know this may never happen, but it would be awesome if it did. If NBC kept it on for seasons 3 & 4 just because they had hope in it, that merits a conclusion movie. DVD sales are still good enough for something like that to happen.

8. Barbara Yates says

Wow, even Torchwood came back and finished it all up. If NBC does not come back with a Heroes movie to close it all up, then I will consider NBC (already do) just as goofy and unreliable as Fox is…remember Fox almost cancelled the X-Files the first season, but loyal fans saved it. The peeps at Fox are clueless, but seems NBC has fallen into that category as well. Thank Gods for Cable TV…I am almost over the networks, they are too money grubbing and don’t care about the fans, who make or break them!!!

9. Rich says

I just can’t believe they aired a cruddy show like Persons Unknown instead of wrapping Heroes this summer. Bad choice I say.

10. Chris says

LOL… there was a very good reason the ratings dropped: The show got more and more boring and weird with every episode. I could imagine a direct-to-DVD-movie, but i would surely not watch this flick. Really, there is stuff out there that is actually worth becoming a movie. But a burnt-out-series like Heroes? Don’t see that coming. Sorry.

11. Michael Ratliff says

Yeah, but Law & Order wasn’t a serial series like Heroes. Heroes has had a loyal fanbase, myself being one of the rare few that liked all of the seasons, regardless of the flaws. Yes, season 2 sucked, and the first half of season 3 was a bit of a mess, but I loved the series all the same because it never gave up. It would be nice if NBC or one of the other Universal networks allowed there to be a TV movie or miniseries to wrap the series up.

12. Jeremy Rynek says

It’s not gonna happen. They wouldn’t wrap Law & Order, Trauma or Mercy. Why would they wrapped this show?