Hidden Palms: CW Finishes Kevin Williamson Drama

Hidden PalmsAs we suspected a few weeks back, CW has cancelled the steamy drama Hidden Palms after a short season of eight episodes. The series finale is set to air this Wednesday (July 4th) at 8pm but will the mystery of poor Eddie’s murder be solved? Will viewers be left hanging?

From the mind of Kevin Williamson, who also created Dawson’s Creek, this drama centered a group of teens and a mystery in idyllic Palm Springs, CA. Fewer than 1.9 million watched the debut and viewership fell even lower as the weeks went on.

Williamson was well aware that the series might not catch on and wrote the season accordingly. The killer will indeed be revealed in the final episode but, as is the case with most ongoing dramas, not all will be resolved. Williamson said, “We definitely answer a lot of questions, primarily the big one: what really happened to Eddie. We resolve who killed Eddie, but it opens a can of worms, it’s a double whammy”

What would have happened if Hidden Palms had been renewed? Williamson says that the next thirteen episodes had already been written and the series future was mapped out beyond that. He muses, “You have sort of the broad-stroke version [of the series]. I can see where it would be in four years and I could see how it would start next season in high school. The first eight episodes represent the summer. Now we would get into the beginning of the school year and introduce a lot more characters and move forward.”

Will we ever learn what the future would have held for Johnny, Greta, Nikki, Liza and the rest? Unless the prolific Williamson wants to share his plans, it looks pretty doubtful. We’ll keep our eyes and ears open so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Chloe July 5, 2007 at 6:05 pm

I dont this this show was really given a chance. After two episodes they started doubling them for it too finsh faster. Giving less people a chance to watch it. Plus they took off the sunday encore episodes. It seems like the network revolves around smallvile and supernatural only!! I think the show would have caught on if more episodes were on!! It was such a good show!! Too bad

tina July 5, 2007 at 10:13 am

what a mistake to cancel hidden palms it was awesome it was like a six feet under to bad people dont know good tv

kazaljainal2007 July 5, 2007 at 9:18 am

I love you

Debra July 5, 2007 at 7:51 am

I LOVE this show too. I think you should try to keep it going!!

David July 5, 2007 at 12:30 am

I’m really sad to see this show go. I thought it had so much to do in a second season. Hopefully CW will give it a ‘Second Chance’.

“Sometimes the things that least deserve a second chance. Will surprise you the most”

Cheryl Kaye Tardif July 4, 2007 at 10:13 pm

I’m a 44 year old woman/wife/mother of a teen and a mystery author, and I LOVE THIS SHOW!

It has everything: exceptional writing, a wonderful cast, a terrific music score…and a dark and mysterious plot. I think it is even better than The O.C., and that used to be one of my favorites. Shows like this keep me young!

Hidden Palms has GOT to get picked up somewhere!!! Williamson would be surprised to know he has a lot of adult fans. The problem perhaps is timing and maybe not enough pre-advertising. I was just getting used to what night it was on.

BRING BACK HIDDEN PALMS!!!! Not only do I watch it…I PVR it so I don’t miss an episode!

This is depressing…

Cheryl Kaye Tardif

Anonymous July 4, 2007 at 9:46 pm

BEST SHOW ON IN A LONG TIME! there were no wasted episodes and it always left you wanting more.

Anonymous July 4, 2007 at 8:07 pm

THIS show is the BEST!
Please make another episode

Taylor Blue July 4, 2007 at 6:47 pm

I knew it probably was cancelled. At least I hope they tie it in a little bow so that we aren’t left hanging forever. I loved that show…a recovering alcoholic for once!! It had a great message…

pam July 4, 2007 at 6:21 pm

hey i am a hugh fan of the show why would you cancel that i loved that show it was the best show ever. pLEASE bring it back i really want to watch it it left me hanging i am glued to the tv set. please bring it back it was the best show ever.

Tammy July 4, 2007 at 6:20 pm

Im so glad that stupid show ended. Im so sick of all this teenage sex and whining that eventually leds the show no where. They tried to catch viewers attention by advertising teenage sex and it did not work. LOL! Who knew a TV show had to actually have a story.

Frank July 4, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Greta is hot!

Kelly July 4, 2007 at 10:51 am

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT HIDDEN PALMS IS ALREADY BEING CANCELLED AFTER JUST 8 EPISODES! THE SHOW IS FABULOUS & I JUST COULDN’T WAIT TO SEE IT FROM WEEK TO WEEK. IT COULD OF BEEN ANOTHER O.C. BUT BETTER! I TRUELY HATE WHEN A SHOW IS CANCELLED SO QUICKLY WITHOUT GIVING IT A SECOND CHANCE AND RENEWING IT FOR A SECOND SEASON! THERE’S FAR TOO MANY COP,REALITY & HOSPITAL SHOWS OUT THERE AND SO HIDDEN PALMS WAS A WELCOME CHANGE THAT MANY OF US LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING EACH WEEK!

Kate July 4, 2007 at 8:53 am

IF YOU WANT ANOTHER SEASON SIGN THE PETITION http://palms.svfan.com/petition.html

Felisha July 3, 2007 at 2:24 pm

I LOVE this show. I wish it wasn’t ending. I think it would have been a wonderful show. just because the ratings went down i thik yu should have kept going until the second season was over. Myabe some more people would get into it or something, but oh well you decided all ready and that is your choice. Maybe you could change your mind and re write them some how. well thanks for reading this bye.