Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Bkimmorgan February 13, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Please re think this its a fab show ur on to a winner here big mistake if u just leave it x

Dominique February 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Why is it that every show with rave reviews and HUGE followings gets cancelled, and rubbish continues to play ad nauseum? Bloody wanker producers/distributors.

Please bring this show back.

JEN January 29, 2013 at 9:50 am

What a shame one of the best show goes and the silly one stay!

Anonymous January 25, 2013 at 6:18 pm

How totally disappointing ! I loved that show

Anonymous January 25, 2013 at 9:09 am

Aussies love it too,
Please sir can we have more ore????

Judi January 15, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Please …lets have a second season of Hit and Miss. The show shows what love and family are all about. This orginated in the UK. They know how to produce a good show, not like the programs they have on American tv now. Really hate to turn on tv because of all the REALITY (?) shows. Give me a break!!!

KC January 14, 2013 at 12:34 pm

So disappointed that Hit & Miss was canceled after only one season!!! Seems like most of the shows I really like end up getting canceled.

Anonymous January 11, 2013 at 2:28 am

This is so sad. I thought the purpose of a show was for it to be a success with the viewers.
They had it and now they are dropping it? This just doesn’t make any sense at all. Between aimless slapstick comedy shows and reality shows that are constantly upping the ante with moves that will eventually get someone hurt or killed ( for ratings ) I was surprised when I came upon “Hit and Miss”. Interesting characters, wonderful acting, a cast well chosen and most important a new take on tolerance, love, what constitutes a family and choices that are made. What about the story line that has left us hanging?
I seriously question the judgement of the person responsible for taking this show off the air. Fire whoever, hire someone capable of recognizing a hit and lets see more seasons.
Here’s hoping

Carolyn Milne December 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Three good shows were cancelled with only one season so not sure what everyone is watching but the stupid ones still seem to be renewed. I loved Hit & Miss as it wasn’t the norm and was entertaining. Sick of the shows that think they are funny but do nothing toward entertainment. The B in Apt whatever is a good example plus a ton of others. Comedy sucks on TV anymore and good shows are cancelled.

Hey people who schedule these shows WAKE UP!!

Beverly December 19, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I’m not surprised I dont understand they are just as bad as CW or ABC And a few other ones don’t even pay to get involved any more on any new shows wast of time they will just be dropped before they have a chance TV sucks now

Elly December 17, 2012 at 6:53 am

How can they leave this extraordinary brilliant show hanging in the balance wondering whether …..Eddie shoots Mia, Ryan shoots Eddie or they all survive? BUT if they do have a second season, Chloe Sevigny should hopefully accept the role as Mia, as a replacement would be unacceptable.

kelley meyer December 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I am very disappointed that this series has not been renewed. The show is very well written and shows that love is love……doesn’t this world need more tolerance and respect? This show definitely educates the masses on tolerance and acceptance. The world needs more shows like this….please reconsider for a long running television series!! Well done Hit & Miss crew….you are an example to all!!

Jan December 5, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I am very disappointed to hear it will not continue. There are many directions it could go in and I think it helps to teach people tolerance of differences, despite that she plays a hit-woman.

Edward November 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I can’t believe that if there was positive press regarding the show, that they’d cancel it. I don’t see that if it could bring money to a company, they would waste more money developing a different story so soon, and start on another endeavor. I feel that it might be something that the producers aren’t releasing with the rest of the information. But Erica is right, it’s the sad reality of television…

ERICA November 20, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I AM NOT HAPPY BUT THIS IS REALITY OF TV PROGRAMMING. THE SHOW WAS EXCELLENT AND DO NOT USE THAT WORD LOOSELY. CHLOE WAS AMAZING ALONG WITH THE CAST BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN. I GUESS I HAVE HAD TIME TO GRIEVE SO TO SPEAK SO PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME I WAS ALWAYS THIS CALM AND RELAXED BECAUSE I WAS NOT. I WILL MISS FOR SURE.