Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Canceled and renewed TV show

179 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Christalyn says

I will never watch another sky Atlantic original series, these people have no respect for there audience. I’m livid about the show canceling, i hope those producers die and rot in hell.

2. says

Yeah, to be perfectly honest I am truly pissed off that there isn’t gonna be a second season, I thought this show was so clever and interesting that I could of went for a 3rd, 4th, and even a 5th season. I’m sure that’s never gonna happen but maybe just maybe if enough people ask for it you might make our wishes come true. And if not job well done, kinda hated the way it ended but thought it ended in a cliff hanger because there was gonna be more to come. So Sad, Tammy, Cedar Lake, Indiana.

3. Shuggie says

I found season one DVD in a pile of giveaways. I can’t begin to tell you how much I enjoyed watching this! I did it in one day! I have been online for the last 24hours just to find out there is no season two! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT~ Why in the world would they choose not to continue such an interesting series! Wow once again “REALITY SHOW BS” WINS AGAIN! This was such a pleasant change~

4. Fred says

I just don’t understand why this show isn’t getting a second season. It deals with a wide array of current social issues, & controversial ones at that mixed with love, compassion, action & excitement. I will surely miss this show!!!!

5. Kathryn Wilding-Michelson says

I’m extremely disappointed to learn Hit and Miss isn’t going to return to Direct TV. This show was one of the best programs on television. The acting, the writing, everything about the show was award winning quality. BRING IT BACK! Please!

6. says

“Hit and Miss” is the only show that is well-written and worth the time watching, besides the science programs. I enjoy the way the issues of adultery or teen pregnancy are woven into a a suspenseful tapestry of ruthless stalking and murder for hire. Blood runs everywhere, yet, so does love.