Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

CZ July 8, 2013 at 3:19 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Hit & Miss back…the show is unusual…and extraordinary…it beautifully hints at the depth of emotion and the minefield that being trans is…its so beautiful….I’m so moved by the show, please bring it back

cl ve July 7, 2013 at 11:52 pm

too bad no second season – great show .
hope they reconsider. would love to see more.

Steve July 7, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Great show. AMC should pick it up to replace Breaking Bad.

Cecilia July 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Are you kidding right now? Why would you end such a great show. This show is just amazing on so many levels. I don’t watch television but this show could get me to. Bring it back now.

Wanda July 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Excellent show.. Please bring on the second season.

Nikki July 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Very sad this well written and exciting program is at it’s end

marianne beran July 6, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I loved this show– so original + well acted. Please bring it back.

CECILIA July 6, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I just discovered thison Netflix and watched all 6 very quickly.It was different, engaging, heart wrenching but just awesome. Characters act welland the story line is intriguing. such a good emotional drama.

Pat July 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I just watched season 1 in a days time. I love this show. It’s so addicting and im crushed to see that there will not be a second season! This show is so original, so engrossing. How am I supposed to just be happy when it ends the way it did? I want to see more. I want to know what happens. Please bring this show back!!

Travis July 4, 2013 at 7:05 am

I just watched all of season 1 in the last 6 hours!!…I can’t get enough of this show and here I am crushed to find that it is cancelled!!…Please pick this show up HBO or Showtime!!…It’s one of the most entrapping shows I have ever watched right from the beginning!!…And leaving the fans of this show with such a cliff hanger?! WTF?!?!?!?!

fiona July 4, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Please Atlantic, change your minds. This was one of the best shows on TV and I have been waiting eagerly to find out the results of the cliff hanger. It was pure class right from episode one, gripping, controversial, informative and very well acted. please re-consider.

Shawna July 3, 2013 at 5:34 am

Are you kidding…canceled? Boooooo *throws popcorn, tomatoes, and cans. This show could have/should have competed against Weeds. Screw a pot selling PTA Mom whom cohorts with Mexican gangs, and bring on the Contract killer, super Mom that not only battles her own demons but takes care of kids that are not hers, while maintaining a family, a job, and a homestead. Seriously..dropped the ball on losing this series… I can only hope HBO or Showtime (US, and we suck at shows) picks this up…by pick this up, I mean don’t change anything…just add to it. Really? You let this one go? Booooooooooooooooooooooo

david July 3, 2013 at 12:40 am

Your gonna tell me with all the crap that is t.v now In days they can’t bring back mia for another season why?
The show is a hit and has a little of everything haven’t seen a good series like this in a real long time.
Somebody got to invest in season 2.
If was promoted better I’d bet you the show would be around for more seasons trust me.
If you haven’t watch it give it a view and see what I’m talking. You won’t regret it if you like action& Dramma
But if your homophobic this is not the movie for you.
But I don’t see why anybody would when mia is play by a real life woman “not a man”

Robin July 3, 2013 at 12:15 am

I am very upset that there will not be a season 2. I really enjoyed this show and would love to see more of it. 6 episodes was not enough. Bring Mia and the kids back.

Joseph Mulhall July 2, 2013 at 6:40 am

Its almost like the writers and producers took an idea just to sensationalize it for a few episodes just to cash in and than stuck their head in the sand…get your head of your arse and the sand and do what is right….bring it back for another season……

Becky July 1, 2013 at 11:26 am

This series was the most different of any TV presentation I have ever seen.
I was riveted through the whole series.
I want to see more… bring on the second season at least.