Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (Chloë Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Canceled and renewed TV show

177 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jeanne says

This was a really good show. The acting and the writing were really well done. I can’t believe that it won’t be coming back. Is there any way to change their minds? :)

2. kelly says

I really hated to hear the show won’t continue with a second season , I really do hope there is enough positive response that they decide to go forward with season two

3. Rachel says

Really?! Get me hooked on a great show then not renew it? I loved it. Chloe was amazing as the other actors. Can’t just leave us hanging line that.

4. D. S. Ledingham says

I just watch all six shows of this on Netflix and am very impressed. Wish there was more but I am sadly getting used to this type of entertaining, well produced and acted videos that are canceled after a short run.

5. David Messer says

Sterling writing, acting, direction; so naturally it’s producers opted to end it — particularly when there is so, so much TV of better quality. I GIVE UP!

Dave Messer

6. aisha says

i can not believe that they would cancel the series?!?!? it had me from the 1st episode. i really do hope Netflix takes it over and finishes where they left off, like they did with arrested development and house of cards.so sad was so excited to see what happened next was ryan gunna shoot? do they leave? ughhhhhhh

7. Miranda says

This is the best show ever! I’m so hooked… how can they just stop it there? They can just make it into a netflix series or something. I love mia <3

8. Aaron says

Its par for the suites that think they are doing great work within Network television but it’s just another prime example of how there are a lot of none creative people within the entertainment industry that think about money first, and the audience that makes it possible for them to have a job last.
    It’s just how the entertainment business works unfortunately; I think however if Netflix was able to buy a several season s of this show, the can fan base would grow to be point, where this show could because very completive with a lot of mainstream American dramas. And could even move over to other TV mediums such as HBO, Showtime, Starz to say a few.

9. Charli says

It is a compelling show and really needs to continue. It would be a shame if they just stop it here.

10. Marilyn says

It’s hard to believe a season would end with such a cliff hanger and have no intention of picking up for another season….it’ s just cruel. I really enjoyed it and naturally assumed that it would keep going. What a disappointment!

11. DHD says

I just finished this series on Netflix. Definitely needs a season 2. I really enjoyed the storyline and began to have a good attraction to the characters. Hopefully some bigwig will see the quality in this program and sign on for a new season.

12. Anonymous says

I started to watch the show because of Jonas Armstrong , I love his work. Is a little bit strong concerning the scenes where she is naked but is interesting. I would like to see another season where she can have the surgery and end with Ben. Something like that.