Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

kabusmuyumneyim February 12, 2014 at 9:08 am

:( don’t cancel :( it was great.. hope you change your mind..

Larry Hampton February 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm

SO disappointed. One of the all time best shows on DirecTv.

Steven R. January 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Series is great, but it just not on right channel to get more followers.

Danielle Notaro January 19, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I have been wondering where Hit&Miss has been What a big bummer not to have a few more seasons.Great premise, soulful acting.Was glad to see Jonas Armstrong on screen again here in U.S.A.

D January 7, 2014 at 4:10 pm

This show is fantastic! I would love a new season. Such a dramatic cliffhanger needs resolution. I hope they reconsider.

lena December 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm

i actually liked the show. it took me by surprise at first, but then i became intrested in it. i wish there was a second season

Nannette Hiller December 9, 2013 at 2:38 am

This show is genius in so many ways; writing, casting, acting, art direction, cinematography, music….I have been hoping and waiting for more. If I was a producer with a heap of cash I would make it a pet obsession to bring it back. I am a writer as another person who commented and it really impressed me as a complex yet understated work of story. It’s quiet but intense and beautiful. As a writer, I rarely find even great TV & film to be satisfying in a way that is on par with fine literature. I watch it over & over every time it cycles on Direct TV. The season is left hanging for more,- it’s not self contained. Please, somebody save this exquisite work!

Alison November 27, 2013 at 11:42 pm

One of the best shows I’ve seen this year albeit a 2012 series. Outstanding cast especially Chloe. Need a season 2 for sure. Boo to whomever only wanted a six episode series. The writers were spot on. Boo for shutting this show down.

Anonymous November 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Best show around!!! Please!!!! Please season 2!!! How can the Kardasians get unlimited seasons and Hit and Miss only gets one!!! Please do a second season!!!

Charles W November 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hit & Miss is one of the best and most thought provoking shows I have seen lately. I encourage you to please consider either a second season or a special episode to tie up loose ends. I would like to see how the family gets along without Mia around for a while. After all, Eddie is the only one that knows about the family.

Barbara Iannoli November 27, 2013 at 1:17 am

Why not season 2? Really? Such a great show, so what the heck?

tara November 17, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Please bring this show back. The writing is excellent, and the characters are wonderfully complex!!!

Barbara September 11, 2013 at 1:07 am

Season two…please. What a great show. Need more, not a lot more so that it gets stupid, but more.

Melissa September 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Would love to see a season 2

Susie Fantuzzi August 29, 2013 at 12:58 am

Something’s not right. June 1st, I ceased having DirecTV til I had it installed again August 21st. I started watching Hit & Miss in May or June as I had NO DirecTV as stated during the time the series supposedly ran i.e. July 11th-August 15th.
I had DVR’d it but since service was cancelled & my new account began August 21st, the DVR went the way of the old account at the end of May.
Such a high concept, impeccably UN-acted show with truly clever plot lines & visual texture beyond any show I’ve seen in a very long time.
How short-sighted NOT to extend the success of this Cre8ive endeavor that really worked.
As a WRYTR, I rarely feel this way but I wish I had written & produced H&M.
It’s still be on the aire.
Believe it.
*^$&$%(*)(^%$#$$%&*&
is all I have to conclude this post.
A Hit & Miss, Miss.
;-D
SUsie Fantuzzi on fb

Melissa M August 22, 2013 at 12:11 pm

SEASON TWO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit & Miss is one of the best shows I have ever seen! It can’t end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lila ray January 16, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I am so sorry that this was canceled. I thought the acting was great and was excited for the next season. I cannot believe this was canceled!