Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Danielle Notaro says

I have been wondering where Hit&Miss has been What a big bummer not to have a few more seasons.Great premise, soulful acting.Was glad to see Jonas Armstrong on screen again here in U.S.A.

2. D says

This show is fantastic! I would love a new season. Such a dramatic cliffhanger needs resolution. I hope they reconsider.

3. lena says

i actually liked the show. it took me by surprise at first, but then i became intrested in it. i wish there was a second season

4. Nannette Hiller says

This show is genius in so many ways; writing, casting, acting, art direction, cinematography, music….I have been hoping and waiting for more. If I was a producer with a heap of cash I would make it a pet obsession to bring it back. I am a writer as another person who commented and it really impressed me as a complex yet understated work of story. It’s quiet but intense and beautiful. As a writer, I rarely find even great TV & film to be satisfying in a way that is on par with fine literature. I watch it over & over every time it cycles on Direct TV. The season is left hanging for more,- it’s not self contained. Please, somebody save this exquisite work!

5. Alison says

One of the best shows I’ve seen this year albeit a 2012 series. Outstanding cast especially Chloe. Need a season 2 for sure. Boo to whomever only wanted a six episode series. The writers were spot on. Boo for shutting this show down.

6. Anonymous says

Best show around!!! Please!!!! Please season 2!!! How can the Kardasians get unlimited seasons and Hit and Miss only gets one!!! Please do a second season!!!

7. Charles W says

Hit & Miss is one of the best and most thought provoking shows I have seen lately. I encourage you to please consider either a second season or a special episode to tie up loose ends. I would like to see how the family gets along without Mia around for a while. After all, Eddie is the only one that knows about the family.

8. says

Something’s not right. June 1st, I ceased having DirecTV til I had it installed again August 21st. I started watching Hit & Miss in May or June as I had NO DirecTV as stated during the time the series supposedly ran i.e. July 11th-August 15th.
    I had DVR’d it but since service was cancelled & my new account began August 21st, the DVR went the way of the old account at the end of May.
    Such a high concept, impeccably UN-acted show with truly clever plot lines & visual texture beyond any show I’ve seen in a very long time.
    How short-sighted NOT to extend the success of this Cre8ive endeavor that really worked.
    As a WRYTR, I rarely feel this way but I wish I had written & produced H&M.
    It’s still be on the aire.
    Believe it.
    *^$&$%(*)(^%$#$$%&*&
    is all I have to conclude this post.
    A Hit & Miss, Miss.
    ;-D
    SUsie Fantuzzi on fb

9. Melissa M says

SEASON TWO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit & Miss is one of the best shows I have ever seen! It can’t end!!!!!!!!!!!!!