Hitched or Ditched: Debut Brings Poor Ratings; Cancel It or Keep It?

Hitched or DitchedEarlier this week, the CW kicked off their Summer schedule with a new reality show called Hitched or Ditched. So, will this new show be a keeper or will it get dumped by the network?

Hitched or Ditched follows couples who’ve been in long-term relationships but who haven’t tied the knot yet. Each week, a new pair is challenged to either get married or break up. If they decide to get hitched, they’re put through a week’s worth of challenges, culminating with their wedding day.

The reality show debuted on Tuesday night in fifth place for the 9pm hour. Only 1.46 million watched with a 0.7/2 rating/share among the 18-49 demographic. Those numbers reflect a 35% loss in total viewership of its lead-in, the low-rated season (or series) finale of Reaper. On the positive side (not that there really is one), essentially everyone who started watching at 9pm finished watching the entire episode.

Obviously, the network can’t be pleased by Hitched or Ditched’s performance. There are only five episodes left so it seems likely that they will all air. But, unless ratings improve, it’s very unlikely there will be any more.

So, what did you think? Is the show worth keeping or should it be cancelled?

Music Man June 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Keep it I hope they network brings the couples back so we can know what’s up with them

clays mom June 23, 2009 at 7:18 pm

i say keep it! its interesting and a fun

Jessica Grady June 11, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Keep It. Why not? For people who take it seriously it is a way to have a nice wedding or find out that he/she is not the one.

Stephie June 10, 2009 at 9:04 am

Sorry, but I think it needs to go. Just another cookie cutter reality show. I watched last night’s episode and I’m sorry, but strong-arming a 24 year old girl into making a decision about marriage to a guy who not only has a shady past but apparently also has jealousy and anger issues is just plain irresponsible. Maybe some people know what they want at age 24, but most people don’t. I give that marriage 5 months, max. I will not watch the remaining episodes. I’m so tired of this kind of rubbish on television, especially at the expense of people’s personal lives.

Demorou Demais June 7, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Definitely keep it………. I discovered it by chance during channel flipping, and loved the whole show. It’s light-hearted fun to watch – in the same vein as “The Bachelor(ette)”.

lilkunta June 7, 2009 at 11:35 am

CANCEL IT!
Stupid stupid stupid. If the shows demographic is teen girls y does Dawn think they carry about older ppl getting married?

I hope this show fails & every other show fails & Dawn gets fired.
THey treated Gfs, EHChris, & TGame so badly . Bad timeslots & no promo (no ads on teh ch nor appearances on other talk shows).

cw never shoudla been made. Go abck 2 upn & wb.

elisse June 3, 2009 at 6:42 am

keep it .
after being in realtionships for awhile , you find that this show prompts the couple to face reality .
time to take the next step either towards marriage or face the truth about the lack of a meaningful relationship.

Renee June 2, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I loved it. Hope they keep it. Good job on dumping some dead weight shows from your lineup.

sandra June 2, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Keep it.

Von May 31, 2009 at 3:50 pm

I am so happy that this show is not doing well i also hope the same for the rest of the cw line up they canceled one of their highest rated shows the game and game them a crappy nite and time slot to air i hope that they see this as a sign and bring the game back

Bopi May 29, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Cancel it!! I couldn’t stand any of the people.

Trinith May 29, 2009 at 4:59 pm

NEVER SHOULD HAVE AIRED!!!!

lynnann2 May 29, 2009 at 9:03 am

I recorded it then could only stand the first 15 minutes. Be gone damn spot.

CANDICE May 29, 2009 at 5:13 am

cancel….not shock by ratinngs cw does not pick good shows…loved the game.

robycop3 May 29, 2009 at 2:34 am

Garbage. Shoulda never aired.