Hoarders: Cancelled by A&E After Six Seasons

Hoarders canceledThe Post-Gazette reports that A&E has quietly cancelled Hoarders after six seasons. The final 13 episode season ended in February.

Zap2It reports that, after the finale aired, extreme cleaning specialist Matt Paxton wrote on Facebook, “We have not been picked up for a 7th season, so this could very well be the LAST episode of HOARDERS – EVER! If you want another season, please take a second and let Hoarders on A&E and @AETV know that you want another season of the show.”

Yesterday, Paxton announced, “It’s official. I am very excited to be partnering with ServiceMaster Restore and their franchises around the country. This will enable us to help thousands of families a year instead of 10’s. Check it out! Simply put, although the TV shows are ending, the need for quality help for hoarders is increasing daily. You’ll start seeing my face on some ads soon and we’ll be training and working with ServiceMaster franchises nationwide immediately!”

What do you think? Did you like the Hoarders TV show? Are you sorry that it won’t be back for a seventh season?

9 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. scott says

Love that show!!!! Every episode was better than the past one! Real shame to vancel a great show!!! Please keep it on!!!

2. Debra Catoe says

I watched Hoarders every time it was on! Besides the one idiot that said people needed to have lobotomies (he probably needs one himself) all I saw was positive comments. It’s not that I enjoy people living in filth,especially when children are involved. The whole attraction for me was wanting to know what kind of traumatic event or dysfunction impacted these individuals that they actually got to the point that they would just throw trash,food wrappers,etc. in the floor as opposed to the trash can? How could they get to the point that they would throw bags of feces and bottles of urine all over the place? Dead animal carcasses? Rats and roaches? What is going on inside those heads of theirs? Please,please,please drop “Honey Boo Boo” or “Dog and Beth” or one of those other pointless shows and bring back my Hoarders!!!

3. Glen says

I have seen this show a few times can’t make it more than 15 minutes,
    what ever happen to giving people a lobotomy? If we could get the rest of the garbage off television. The dumbing down of America is coming along nicely !

4. lana says

I am very disappointed Hoarders will not be on for a 7th season. It’s been one of my favorite shows. My 11 year old granddaughter and I enjoy watching it together. My favorite part is at the end when they show then & now.

5. Peggy L. Kelley says

Why has this show been cancelled? There are so many dull and stupid shows on now full of violence and cussing, why can’t Hoarders be saved? My doctor even watched the show. It shows how human beings help people in trouble. Put it back on!!!

6. rhonda says

So sad Hoarders wont be coming back for another season. I enjoyed watching the help they were getting and the cleanup. I thought it was a good show.

7. says

ding dong it’s dead. I feel sorry for those people, I’m bipolar, but to shove that horrid mess for all those years.

Then a&e takes off really entertaining shows that never had a chance.

I’m so depressed about TV I have sort of just thrown my hand up in the air.

For a laugh I ‘m watching The Andy Griffith Show how sad is that?