Hostages: Season One Ratings

Hostages TV show on CBS: canceled or renewed?CBS is advertising Hostages as a “limited series” with 15 episodes. If the ratings are poor, will it be cancelled before they all air? Or, if it’s a big hit, will they find a way to make a second season? Time will tell.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

5/10 update: CBS has officially cancelled Hostages after one season and 15 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.09 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Hostages TV series? Do you think it should end after one season or return with the same or different characters?

Jack Stewart December 23, 2013 at 7:45 pm

The wife and I watch very little TV but became big fan’s of this “Hostage” series and feel its the best we have seen on TV in years. I have some ideals for the future but I am sure the writers could easily come up with a new plot to keep it going, while keeping most of the primary staff. I am sure there is a lot of corruption going on both in and out of the White House they could use.

Melanie December 21, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Love Hostages!!! Awesome show, please don’t cancel!!!!’

Judy December 19, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Love Hostages. Great acting and keeps me guessing. Please renew for next season.

Rosemary December 19, 2013 at 1:36 am

CBS: Hostages is sophisticated, well written and has a very talented cast. Because of scheduling conflicts, I just started watching this show two weeks ago. During the past two days, I started viewing it via CBS’s website. So far, I seen Episodes 1 (the Pilot) through 6. Its story line is riveting. Please don’t kill the show. Keep in mind how well Breaking Bad did for six seasons. Hostages could outperform other such hits if given a fair chance.

Tomeka December 18, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Do not cancel the show it is a wonderful show.

MJ December 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Though I’ve written before, I note some recent shifting personal motivations, shifting allegiances and sped-up plot developments that are ridiculously implausible at best. I gather it’s to be expected in light of an obvious rush job in face of early cancellation. It’s unfortunate they didn’t employ some of this creative imagination earlier in the series. Moreover, in what appears to be some hasty writing, the most recent episode features some of the least-riveting, on-the-nose dialogue I’ve seen in any major TV series. And one more matter, what’s with the residential home with bedroom key-lock on the outside. Good grief?

Joe December 17, 2013 at 3:07 am

Hostages is a great show! The problem with the ratings system is. That people don’t watch shows when they are being aired. They DVR shows these days. Or watch them on HULU or other online streaming sites. Which I’m not sure how those people are counted in the ratings percentage. But I have a feeling they are NOT! Plus, Hostages is a new show. That is on the same day of the week. At the same time as “The Voice” and “The Blacklist” How about putting it on a different day or time and see how well it does?

Cap December 16, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Love hostages one of the best shows on tv! We look forward to watching every week! Please keep on tv.

Anne December 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Can’t stand Toni Colette ‘s facial features or stupid hair.

Izzie December 17, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I can’t agree with you more. Toni Colette was completely miscast and her acting has been flat in every episode. I wanted to like this show so, so much, as I love Tate Donovan (loved Deception). Each week, I think the show gets campier and the actors just go through the motions. I didn’t even last through the entire episode last night because it has become a chore to watch.

oregon123 December 24, 2013 at 12:28 am

what? you don’t like the bangs of strawberry blonde?

what about her oversized mouth? I love her facial expressions because they are sooo overdone!

but she IS the show to me – I dig her!!!

the last show that I liked was 666 – 666 was cool and creepy and had just enough sci-fi to keep you thinking it is develish stuff in the real world

hostages gets a little stale…. and then bam! another hard core killing — but I’m afraid its going to turn sappy between Toni & Dillon and it will lose its edge

or it will get ‘Russian’ will all the cliches and suckithard

I wish they would have ended this series (fall) and then brought in a brand new plot with new characters for the winter

also, I hate the dad – he is a putz, I hate the boy – he is fg, there needs to be a crazy uncle who lives in a cabin who will come in and be all about kicking a$$ like schwartznegger or rambo

charlie December 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm

keep it…its the only thing that keeps my attention on tv these days.

Tom December 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Great show. Gets more interesting every week.Keep it/

andree December 7, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I love the suspence and the drama this show offers. I believe in the actors and would be very disapointed if it were to be cancelled. I look forwad to it every week

Jim December 7, 2013 at 12:54 am

Sorry but the only ppl watching this garbage are the ppl that R being held hostage, and can not change the channel. After the beat the lie detector by believing in yourself senseless plot line I thought this is grade school writing. Let this show RIP!

Angie December 4, 2013 at 2:55 pm

CBS please don’t cancel Hostages!!! I think this is a great show and would love to have a season 5! The connection between Dylan & Toni are perfect! The problem I see with the ratings is that 11 million ppl are watching The Voice and right after is The Blacklist. I think this is killing the ratings for Hostages.

Amy December 4, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Not a good show, and it is doing lousy in the ratings.