Hostages: Season One Ratings

Hostages TV show on CBS: canceled or renewed?CBS is advertising Hostages as a “limited series” with 15 episodes. If the ratings are poor, will it be cancelled before they all air? Or, if it’s a big hit, will they find a way to make a second season? Time will tell.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

5/10 update: CBS has officially cancelled Hostages after one season and 15 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.09 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Hostages TV series? Do you think it should end after one season or return with the same or different characters?

Florence January 2, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I think you should leave it on. I really liked the show.

Tim January 2, 2014 at 11:41 am

Please keep Hostages on. Great show I like watching this show it’s AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah January 1, 2014 at 4:47 pm

OMG !!! Hostages is one of the best dramas I have EVER seen on TV and I am 65yrs. old. Cable is full of old re-runs for the most part. Hostages cast was a great choice, especially McDermott. PLEASE don’t cancel Hostages. My friends and family actually tape it every week so they don’t miss anything. You have to see every episode to stay in the loop. That’s what makes it so appealing. It ‘s like curling up with your favorite book and not wanting to put it down.

Gerardo Ortiz December 31, 2013 at 3:31 am

I love Hostages. Every week I am left in suspense for what will happen next week. With only about two more episodes left, canceling it is most likely the most stupidest decision anyone has ever made. I hate people. CBS needs to realize that is shows like these that attract an audience.

Linda Shirley December 31, 2013 at 1:37 am

Getting left hanging on in suspense waiting for the next Monday night and then it is not there is very aggravating! I never miss watching Hostages and cannot understand it being pulled at all much less just dropping it in the middle of the story line. Good grief, you people should have more sense. That is like reading a really good book and the last 400 pages are missing! Bring it back!

S O'Malley December 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm

LOVE Hostages!!! I usually watch House Hunters but absolutely love this show! Please please do not cancel Hostages! It is awesome!

sj December 30, 2013 at 9:18 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW

sj December 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garry December 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I think it is a pretty damn low down decision to cancel HOSTAGES. Especially to be replacing the time slot with “Elementary” and (tonight) “Person of Interest”. Finally a new show is developed which holds intrigue and anticipation for the next episode. then it’s gone! HOSTAGES is cancelled but they keep the show of the two foul mouthed girls working as waitresses. Go figure! I watched part of it once and found it totally repulsive. Wake up and smell the coffee CBS, Ya pulled a real boner here cancelling Hostages. You could have at least brought it to some sort of realistic end.

Jeremy December 29, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I absolutely love this show! It had an awesome plot storyline! I am not a fan of viewing tv shows and I only watch sports stations but this show had my complete attention! Great show.

Holly December 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I can’t believe this show is being cancelled. It is my all time favorite show ever. I looked forward to this show every Monday night at ten p.m. I am so upset this show I is off I love Duncan…. This show is awesome. Please Please don’t cancel this show.

Sue Ann Adams December 27, 2013 at 10:35 am

What? Cancel HOSTAGES??

Bad choice. With that kind of talent and suspense, it will catch on. I love it!

Judy Cymek December 26, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I like this show, please don’t cancel Hostages. The best I’ve seen in years and I am a senior. Look forward to it every week. I like Toni & Dylan!!

Judy Cymek December 26, 2013 at 6:40 pm

This has been my favorite show and I too do not watch much tv. Please don’t cancel Hostages! I love every character in this show! I would wait patiently to see the next episode! I am originally from Maryland but now reside in Derry, Pa.

Kim December 24, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Don’t watch much TV. Please don’t cancel Hostages!