Hostages: Season One Ratings

Hostages TV show on CBS: canceled or renewed?CBS is advertising Hostages as a “limited series” with 15 episodes. If the ratings are poor, will it be cancelled before they all air? Or, if it’s a big hit, will they find a way to make a second season? Time will tell.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.09 million total viewers.

UPDATE: Will this show return for a second season?

What do you think? Do you like the Hostages TV series? Do you think it should end after one season or return with the same or different characters?

Sharon Vance January 26, 2014 at 11:20 am

My husband and I really enjoyed the series. It had some depth to it and not “corny” and childish like all the “supposed to be funny” sit coms. All the good shows seem to be cancelled and the junk and corny shows stay. What does that say about the overall audience? We enjoy adult shows not “kiddie shows”. Bring “Hostages’ back with same
actors. Maybe have every 2 shows a different situation like say NCIS does.

irene johnston January 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm

its good but has it been on before

Al Kane January 21, 2014 at 11:51 pm

The show is a total waste of time. It’s unrealistic, boring, and there’s no one to root for.
The season finale answers nothing and solves nothing. A real family would have gone to the police and the press on the first day these criminals invaded their home with their outrageous demands. I mean, are we really supposed to feel sorry for this murderers? They killed or caused the death of innocent people. Who gives a shit about their personal problems? Typical network TV nonsense, endlessly interrupted by dopey commercials.

MJ January 22, 2014 at 10:42 am

Couldn’t agree more, Al!! Been insisting this for awhile. What worries me most are the sheer numbers of viewers that favor this show. Staggering. Floored I’m in such a minority on this given the posts I’ve seen . Plot’s been implausibly prep0sterous since its inception. Actually, quite laughable. Features bland dialogue, subpar acting and predictable plot turns. The only “real” action took place at the end when it became a rush job knowing cancellation was just around the corner. Man those writers had hard at the end. Good grief. Dog saved. Check. President saved. Check. Family safe. Check. I could go on, but really… Why?

Barb January 20, 2014 at 10:14 pm

My son and I love hostages. The show is awesome and we can’t wait until it’s back on. We like the suspense.

Marsha January 19, 2014 at 4:25 am

I loved the show! Kept you in suspense, great characters, each played their parts splendidly, plot was interesting. I especially enjoyed the way it ended. Hopefully, it will be renewed. Great entertainment, and keeps the viewer coming back to see what happens next. Maybe add new characters in a new scenario next season. I vote Yes! Keep the show!

Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Love it. Couldn’t wait to watch.

me January 13, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Awesome show!

Darlene January 13, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Truly enjoyed this show!!! Looked forward to it every week!!! Very good plot and very good acting!! Would love to be able to continue watching another season!!!

Wendy January 13, 2014 at 6:35 pm

The first couple of episodes was not cutting it, but the more I watched the better it got. I would love to see the show return.
I always said that if the killing happened what will happen with the show then!