Hostages: Season One Ratings

Hostages TV show on CBS: canceled or renewed?CBS is advertising Hostages as a “limited series” with 15 episodes. If the ratings are poor, will it be cancelled before they all air? Or, if it’s a big hit, will they find a way to make a second season? Time will tell.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

5/10 update: CBS has officially cancelled Hostages after one season and 15 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.09 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Hostages TV series? Do you think it should end after one season or return with the same or different characters?

Canceled and renewed TV show

110 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. val graham says

MY HUSBAND N I WATCHED THE SHOW FAITHFULLY. AND NEVER MISSED AN EPISODE…. I HOPE THEY BRING IT BACK WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT… PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK WE MISS IT

2. Ellen says

Please do not cancel Hostages. Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott are seasoned actors and a pleasure to watch.

3. madison says

Unbelievable that they plan to cancel this show. I thought it was a great show. I never missed an episode.
    Why don’t they cancel those God-awful reality shows instead? Of course, this is the same network that puts a huge hit show like the Good Wife on Sundays, where it’s constantly delayed due to the afternoon football game. This network doesn’t deserve to have hit shows. I hope another network picks up “hostages” and gives it the airtime and time slot it deserves.

4. Olivia says

I love, love, love this show and hope it will come back on. However, I have always had concerns about how they could continue after solving the hostages situation. I mean how many attempts can you make on POTUS’s life. The only way i see it contuning is to make it like 24, where everything us happening in

5. my name says

I love the show and it better not be cancelled. The final show was n
    ot an ending. It is a show that both men and women can get excited about. How far would you go for your family. At the very least give me one more season to tie up loose ends!

• Gary says

I too loved the show. I’m seeing a couple of negative comments about it and can only think THEY are the one’s who don’t “get it”. I found suspense in the show, not predictability as one commenter stated. I still think it was a big mistake for the network to cancel the show. I subscribe to satellite TV and with all the stations there truly are times there is nothing to watch of interest. Many of the shows which continue to be renewed, mainly so called comedies, aren’t funny and some are down right disgusting (case in point “Two Broke Girls”). I’d like to see Hostages return but I’m not holding my breath because I just don’t see it happening.

6. says

My husband and I really enjoyed the series. It had some depth to it and not “corny” and childish like all the “supposed to be funny” sit coms. All the good shows seem to be cancelled and the junk and corny shows stay. What does that say about the overall audience? We enjoy adult shows not “kiddie shows”. Bring “Hostages’ back with same
    actors. Maybe have every 2 shows a different situation like say NCIS does.

7. Al Kane says

The show is a total waste of time. It’s unrealistic, boring, and there’s no one to root for.
    The season finale answers nothing and solves nothing. A real family would have gone to the police and the press on the first day these criminals invaded their home with their outrageous demands. I mean, are we really supposed to feel sorry for this murderers? They killed or caused the death of innocent people. Who gives a **** about their personal problems? Typical network TV nonsense, endlessly interrupted by dopey commercials.

• MJ says

Couldn’t agree more, Al!! Been insisting this for awhile. What worries me most are the sheer numbers of viewers that favor this show. Staggering. Floored I’m in such a minority on this given the posts I’ve seen . Plot’s been implausibly prep0sterous since its inception. Actually, quite laughable. Features bland dialogue, subpar acting and predictable plot turns. The only “real” action took place at the end when it became a rush job knowing cancellation was just around the corner. Man those writers had hard at the end. Good grief. Dog saved. Check. President saved. Check. Family safe. Check. I could go on, but really… Why?

8. says

I loved the show! Kept you in suspense, great characters, each played their parts splendidly, plot was interesting. I especially enjoyed the way it ended. Hopefully, it will be renewed. Great entertainment, and keeps the viewer coming back to see what happens next. Maybe add new characters in a new scenario next season. I vote Yes! Keep the show!

9. Darlene says

Truly enjoyed this show!!! Looked forward to it every week!!! Very good plot and very good acting!! Would love to be able to continue watching another season!!!

10. Wendy says

The first couple of episodes was not cutting it, but the more I watched the better it got. I would love to see the show return.
    I always said that if the killing happened what will happen with the show then!