Hostages

Hostages on CBS: canceled or renewed TV show?Network: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 23, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

current TV show

TV show description:
In this suspense drama, Doctor Ellen Sanders (Toni Collette) is a premiere surgeon who’s scheduled to operate on the President (James Naughton). She’s thrust into a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage by a rogue FBI agent, Duncan Carlisle (Dylan McDermott). He orders her to assassinate the President by causing his death on the operating table.

Carlisle’s highly skilled accomplices include his brother-in-law Kramer (Rhys Coiro), whose loyalty to Carlisle will be tested; quick-tempered and intimidating Archer (Billy Brown), an ex-military man with a razor-sharp tongue; and the only woman involved, Sandrine (Sandrine Holt), a mysterious last-minute replacement to the team.

With Ellen’s family’s life in imminent danger, she faces an incomprehensible moral dilemma. Can she save her overbearing husband Brian (Tate Donovan), her secretive daughter Morgan (Quinn Shephard), and her not-so-innocent son Jake (Mateus Ward)?
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the sound of the Hostages TV series? Do you think it will be cancelled or renewed for another season?

I am going to take you hostage OH NOOO! October 26, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I think the show is amazing. I don’t really care what people have to say about my opinion. But what I will say is that the dog getting “killed” (which it wasn’t) Isn’t REAL, if some dumb ass really wants to complain about animal cruelty, then why don’t you go to the fucking animal shelter and adopt all the little abused doggies? Will you? I don’t think so. And another thing, if this gives ideas to other people about taking families hostage, why in the hell would you care? Oh, because you are afraid someone is going to take you hostage? Or hurt your family? Let me tell you something, parents worry, but paranoia is another thing.

Jesus…some people just aren’t happy unless they are bitching about something. You fucking people need to get a life. And stop worrying about some TV show.

Gigi October 23, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I love this show and so do my friends—— I record it and blacklist and like Hostages better. Why do they always put mystery shows against each other??? All 3. Networks have great shows on t 10:00!!!! Dumb.

Susan click October 21, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Love it please give it a chance!

CB October 20, 2013 at 12:24 am

Hostage is a wonderful show.

Ed October 15, 2013 at 3:53 pm

This would have made a very good mini-series – period.

Nikki October 14, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Really like this show. It is in a tough spot going up against Blacklist ( and Castle I suppose) Give it some time. I just got a coworker into the show last week. We both watch one and turbo the other

Terri October 12, 2013 at 4:03 pm

The dog did not die – they didn’t kill him

Terri October 12, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I like this show – don’t cancel it!

katherine October 1, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Give it a chance. I like the show. Terrific actors. Good story line hope they don’t cancel it. I agree,about the dog killing but it is pretend. Good grief

richard griggs October 2, 2013 at 6:14 am

Ican’t believe how anyone could like the premiss of this show there is no reason for this show except to give hostage takers ideas and ruin Monday nite television .GET IT OFF THE AIR NOW!

rr October 6, 2013 at 12:34 am

agree with you completely Richard. What poor taste the whole thing is. I looked on line hoping it was cancelled when I saw Lucky 7 was. I am tired of the violence and ideas being able to be given to sickos.

Anonymous October 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm

The dog was NOT killed.. they showed that later in the first episode and the dog was also in the last episode. jeeze.

richard griggs October 12, 2013 at 11:46 am

It’s still a really bad premiss for a show ,unless you like being held hostage by BAD TV,I hope it gets canned soon-Richard Griggs

katherine October 1, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Good grief people this is make believe. It’s a well acted and good show. I hope they don’t cancel it. I agree the dog killing was wrong. Give it a chance.

Anonymous October 2, 2013 at 8:37 am

WILL GIVE IT A SECOND LOOK…STAN

rr October 6, 2013 at 12:37 am

I will not watch any show that feels the need, fictional or not, to demonstrate the killing of animals. However, I gave this trash enough of a chance to see that the pup was “only” drugged and not killed. This is an outrageous premise in general and in the poorest of taste. How many years can the family be held hostage? Will the story line evolve so that the hostage takers will become like family and we’ll have a special Christmas episode? I must be getting old. I’d rather watch a rerun of Bob Newhart or Sonny and Cher!

STAN September 25, 2013 at 9:39 am

SHOW STARTED OUT VERY INTERESTING , THEN THE FAMILY DOG WAS SHOT…WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT??? HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT…TURNED THE CHANNEL RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT…WILL NOT WATCH A SHOW THAT DISPLAYS ANIMAL CRUELITY…IT MAY NOT BE REALITY , BUT IT SENDS A BAD MESSAGE TO ANIMAL LOVERS…

Richard Griggs September 25, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I hope the ratings were bad for the first episode ,All this show does is give ideas to the public that it’s OK to take Hostages .The show has to be stopped NOW!

Anonymous September 30, 2013 at 11:20 pm

The family dog is not dead. Just shot with a tranquilizer dart

Anonymous October 1, 2013 at 8:22 am

THANKS FOR THE INFO…MAY GIVE IT A SECOND LOOK…STAN

rr October 6, 2013 at 12:38 am

see other comment…dog wasn’t shot…still bad enough…drugged, but survived.

richard driggs September 24, 2013 at 10:13 am

With the way the world is going today ,THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA FOR A SHOW!
How could CBS do this? To have great comedy followed by a stupid idea for a show really makes Monday nite TV a bumber.The adds really really made my tv watching depressing and I hope the show gets removed ASAP!

Diana September 22, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Not gonna watch. They should not air this show.the way this world is now.

Dee October 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm

They shouldn’t air the evening news either!

Tran September 7, 2013 at 11:51 pm

HOSTAGES is about 90% disappointment. Hope it’s going to get through 15 episodes and after that it’s O-V-E-R. Dylan McDermott’s character is always two dimensional for his role as Duncan Carlisle.

BARBARA MACKAY September 6, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I don’t really see where this can go from here? What’s the premise? They keep the family hostage and her keep killing other people too? And they can’t let them go especially if kids are involved – they will talk – to someone – eventually without fail. And do you really think any of them could act naturally after something like that? Seriously? I’ll watch to see what goes on before I make a final judgment but I don’t how it can get any traction if it starts with this – even if they do ‘pre-kidnapping’ whatever scenario ….