House of Payne: Are Friday’s the Last Episodes? [spoiler]

House of Payne last episodeIn one of last Friday’s episodes of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, titled “God Bless the Paynes,” Calvin (Lance Gross) was shot by the man who’d earlier harassed Miranda (Keshia Knight Pulliam). He’s rushed to the hospital but his fate is unknown.

We’ve received a few emails from readers who believe that next week’s episodes will be the end of the series and the death of Calvin. While House of Payne has been “cancelled,” there are a lot more episodes still to come.

In April 2011, TBS announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered 42 more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. It’s unclear if they’ll be going back into production now that the holidays are over but, based on the numbers we have, it seems like they still have at least eight more installments to make.

In the meantime, we do know that this Friday’s episodes of House of Payne aren’t the last. Two new episodes will air each Friday night for the next six weeks. Episodes 223 and 224 will air on February 17th and that will leave about 30 episodes left in the series.

In the meantime, you should know that Calvin does not die from his gunshot wounds. He lives and, at least in the next couple episodes, has to worry about paying his hospital bills because he doesn’t have insurance.

What do you think? Are you a fan of House of Payne? Are you glad to know there are more episodes on the way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

357 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jay says

Just saw the last episode and it breaks my heart that my favorite show is gone. I know tv shows can’t stay on forever but I was really counting on this show. And for better or for worse is hard to get into so I only watched like two episodes. One thing I really liked about house of payne is that it was REAL. Real family drama and real everyday life problems. Not one of these fake NBC shows now that are unrealistic. So PLEASE make a suprise reappearance please please please!

2. ADA says

I love the house of payne, I watch it everyday and can not believe that this is being taken off, this is one of the best family show leaving the air. Big mistake !

3. L Cody says

WHAT R u serious!!!! I had no idea that this show was going away. I too am very, very disappointed with this new revelation. This show is not only funny, but it very relevant. The characters for the most part are believable and Ella is the bomb! I am so upset right about now and I agree with some of the comments……keep this show and cancel For Better or For Worse…….dang!!!

4. Anonymous says

You need to bring it back on. Friends was back on after it was cancelled the first time. This is a great show! I didn’t care for the finale so redeem yourselves and bring it back! It is a feel good show. There are too many reality shows with no merit and this show brings a lot to the table. It speaks of staying mentally strong and keeps everyone laughing. It’s a show we can relate to as they have money problems and relationship problems. It helps us all get through our lives too. Please reconsider and put the show back on. Thank you.

5. Resecup says

TBS did a NBC, CMT and FOX”…getting more viewers by having black shows then dropping the shows once their viewership is up and then change the lineup. Tyler I am a fan of HOP…take your shows to OWN, that network need viewers and I want to see HOP..me and my kids love this show great family values with the laughs.

6. P. Davis says

I’m very sad to a good family show leaving the air, my husband and i agree with others why they end the show were you want to know what’s going to happen next. Tyler Perry should look into gtting his own t.v network so he can continue his shows. I missed Meet the Browns. I have my t.v program for all his shows on friday now I’m going to have to change them all.

7. says

I love Tyler Perry comedy weekly shows and all of his movies. I love Madea movies as well as any and all of Tyler Perry’s movies. I didn’t care much for the “Play”, but all of the others were great viewing and very funny. Who is always taking the best shows off of the air and putting some poor excuse on in their place and they don’ even care if we the viewers like what they do with our shows or not. We the viewers are the ones paying cable companies and satellite for decent programs to view on our TV’s and someone behind the scenes are always taking off what we like and putting on more reality shows, talk shows, garbage collectors and more of the same kind of junk that we already have too much of and no say in anything. I say leave our good viewing alone and keep Tyler Perry on the air and leave our daytime viewing alone. Most of the soaps have been replaced by either cooking shows or talk shows and once again the viewers did not get a say in any of it. Here’s to Tyler Perry and his funny movies.

8. Joann says

I think we should atleast be able to find out if Calvin and Miranda really get a divorce and that Mr. Perry should atleast consider keeping the Paynes on at 8:oo pm and For Better or Worse on at 9:oo. Please do not end the Paynes.

9. Melody says

Just duplicating my post from another page…I am VERY upset that the show is being cancelled. I haven’t watched the ending yet b/c I’m catching up with DVR, but this is ridiculous. From what I’m reading, they left things unknown. It reminds me of how cheated I felt when Everybody Hates Chris was cancelled. I SO hope they will reconsider and revive the show. The story lines were getting better and For Better or for Worse is not a better show. TBS, you should have thought more carefully. Tyler has a strong following, and this will not sit well with people. I am not a ‘race card’ player, but they said they were making room for Tyler’s other show? Come on. There was room for both before. What happened? In some cases White shows with questionable ratings will run for years and nobody says anything, OR does it have to do with his [Tyler] sharing his faith through a lot of HOP EPs. Either way, I’m disappointed.

10. Tina Lewis says

This is absolutely insane how can they end the show?????That would be a BIG mistake … Let the Paynes continue, go to a new network if necessary….It is better than Soul Man, For Better or For Worse and a few others…

11. JJ says

they need to move the show to another network cause this is by far his best sitcom for better or worse doesn’t draw my interest at all, how can they end the series let that with wondering what happened

12. Anonymous says

How are they going to let the series end like that…… I want to see what happens between Calvin an Miranda.

13. Terry says

I am going to miss the house of payne. I agree to as why they keep canceling good shows? I know our family couldn’t wait until Friday to come, but this Friday’s last show left me wanting more.

14. Payne fans says

Cannot believe this was the end?! Was Mr Perry making a “statement?”. My 12 year old pointed out that CJ & Janine often said it was their faith or “God” that got them through the tough times whereas Calvin & Miranda did not. I don’t know. I just know I am disappointed in the finale. I almost wish I wouldn’t have remembered to record it. :(