House of Payne: Are Friday’s the Last Episodes? [spoiler]

House of Payne last episodeIn one of last Friday’s episodes of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, titled “God Bless the Paynes,” Calvin (Lance Gross) was shot by the man who’d earlier harassed Miranda (Keshia Knight Pulliam). He’s rushed to the hospital but his fate is unknown.

We’ve received a few emails from readers who believe that next week’s episodes will be the end of the series and the death of Calvin. While House of Payne has been “cancelled,” there are a lot more episodes still to come.

In April 2011, TBS announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered 42 more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. It’s unclear if they’ll be going back into production now that the holidays are over but, based on the numbers we have, it seems like they still have at least eight more installments to make.

In the meantime, we do know that this Friday’s episodes of House of Payne aren’t the last. Two new episodes will air each Friday night for the next six weeks. Episodes 223 and 224 will air on February 17th and that will leave about 30 episodes left in the series.

In the meantime, you should know that Calvin does not die from his gunshot wounds. He lives and, at least in the next couple episodes, has to worry about paying his hospital bills because he doesn’t have insurance.

What do you think? Are you a fan of House of Payne? Are you glad to know there are more episodes on the way?

danielle August 21, 2012 at 6:53 pm

im so sad with they way house of payne ended i like for better or worse but house of payne was much better please bring it back and at least show.us what happens after the divorce like who gets the baby or how everything plays out ! BRING IT BACK

Ernestine Hill August 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I can’t believe this show is gone , it is better than for better or worse but I love Bobbi Kristina

Corinna August 18, 2012 at 4:41 pm

This show could be the only one on tv and I’d be happy with that- I can’t get enough of it:) the cast is unbelievably talented n that dam Curtis oh my can he make me laugh with those moves of his!!! I wish this sitcom would never end n would love it if I could meet them all in person:)

vickie August 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm

i cant believe the show ended, take off meet the browns. or make another series with curtis and ella how bout that.

Crystal August 18, 2012 at 6:16 am

Please why did u take house of pain away please release some new episodes to DVD cause the way u ended it just wasn’t right now we all want to know whats going to happen after he threw the vase up against the wall I can’t beleve u ended the show the way it ended I love all your work please put the series on DVD & add new episodes of what’s going to happen with Calvin & Miranda does she file for devorce or what I think a lot of people want to know what’s going to happen

Kim August 17, 2012 at 10:35 pm

The final season was astounding , reflecting as my family all sat on the edge our seats when Calvin was shot…each week couldn’t zoom by quick enough to see what Tyler had next in store for us. I know many people live their lives vicariously through television, but House of Payne has been most integral in depicting true daily living, laughter, spirituality, tears, hardships and love. Thanks Tyler for the gift.

Ron Evans August 17, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I really enjoyed all 200 plus episodes of the House of Payne. I must say that I am sad to know that such a show which demonstrated life learning events would end with the separation of not just a marriage… but a family as well. Miranda and Calvin never sought counseling to hopefully reconcile there marriage… or will they?

Anonymous August 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm

i love this show too, please do not cancel

Troy R Wallace August 17, 2012 at 8:46 am

I cannot believe House of Payne ended the way it did, I am so disappointed. Miranda leaves Calvin? are you kidding. You can take off Meet the Browns and continue additional episodes of House of Payne, PLEASEEEE.

Laura August 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I love the house of payne and iam so glad that there are more episodes to come. I hope they cancel the cancellation!!!

cassandra tucker August 15, 2012 at 12:57 pm

i love that show, i hate that it is ending

Anonymous August 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

please do not let this show end

Denise August 15, 2012 at 7:24 am

Id like to know what to do get house of payne on the air

yvonne August 15, 2012 at 6:51 am

myself and everyone know would want this show not to end. they are so funny.if im not home i dvr it. i hope its not ending.

Patty August 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I can not believe this show is cancelled. I love this show and look forward to Fridays! Please bring it BACK!!!

Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 6:22 am

whoever you are I’m with you please bring that show back I love everything tyler perry has produced